Psychoactive Mushrooms & Cacti Discussion

Yeah looks a bit shallow and agreed go with black trash bags instead of tape or painting.

Lol ok ill have a shit ton of totes by the time im done tryn to get this thing built lol. An so far the only spots i been able 2 find ones bigger dnt have clear lids. So jus have 2 rig sumthn up maybe ill jus cut a bigg opening in the lids an jus use clear tape to seal it back up but then it wud be clear what about tht?

Yes, I've seen others do it before. I would suggest melting vs. cutting an leaving a solid 2" "window frame" left of the lid or wherever the braces on the underside of the lid are, don't cut those off. Depending on the plastic the more brittle type can crack when cutting which is why I suggested melting. Use a hot nail, heavy wire, straight piece of steel, or an old crappy soldering iron. Then all you have to do is duct tape a layer of plastic wrap on the cut out in the lid.

Yes, I've seen others do it before. I would suggest melting vs. cutting an leaving a solid 2" "window frame" left of the lid or wherever the braces on the underside of the lid are, don't cut those off. Depending on the plastic the more brittle type can crack when cutting which is why I suggested melting. Use a hot nail, heavy wire, straight piece of steel, or an old crappy soldering iron. Then all you have to do is duct tape a layer of plastic wrap on the cut out in the lid.

Ok kool cause i got bigger totes jus black lids but yea ill leave a good amount of sideing to make sure it still snaps into place an closes right. An i was wondering can i use whole malted barley grains to inoculate my spores into or can it not be malted? Jus wondering cause i found a 2lb bag of it from build a soil lol. If not then tht will be all i will need 2 get now well plus other strains if i wana do them. But yea hopefully these will b able 2 work cause then i can start sterilizing them an makn my other grain jars n then we will really be in the business.

Are these grains good for inoculation?

Hard White Wheat Berries

1664578870504.png

If it's the standard 66 quart Mono... I've done 7 jars before, and it's SO fast, like 8 days if I remember correctly. I've also ran 6 quart jars of WBS and is still very fast maybe 10 days or so. You can see a trend here, but 5 jars will still be fast, 12-14 days. I put my Mono(don't forget to tape up your holes) in the closet with a blanket over it and forgot about it. It's best not to Micro manage it and mess with it while colonizing the medium, Let the Mono do it's thing. For Coco, I've used Eco Earth for lizards(or similar) from pet stores and works fine(3 packs are cheap). I've also grabbed big blocks from hydro stores and cut them down with a saw. I personally like the ready to go bricks, LESS work.

I got some bricks of Coco for a casing. I need to cut a brick 1/4 to 1/2 and see how much it makes up. Then boil some water and pour over it in a 5 gal. bucket then drain, cool and spread evenly over the top of the Mycelian. First check field capacity just a drip when squished into a fist am I on the right track ?

You dont need to worry about a casing with cubensis PC sorry to repeat.. but I remember seeing that in a video.

I realized that I could use my grow tent to fruit the monos in.. what kind of light and size will I need for mushrooms? Probably nothing like what I have for cannabis I assume lol.

My local hydro store sells the Canna Coco bricks for $11. They are so nice to work with but are like $30 on the Zon. I'm going in next week to see if I can buy 10 more. Earlier this month when I stopped by they were still swamped with Rona related grower orders and are worried about all the people coming in if when the recreational prop gets passed in Nov. here. I'm stocked up with everything grow related I need to get me through the year and maybe to next spring besides coir and maybe another bag of MC or possibly GeoFlora Bloom depending on how this clone run goes with it.

The only cubes that need a casing later on is Penis Envy. However I do like dusting a 1/4" layer on top of just substrate after I get the spawn and substrate mixed together leveled out. Just enough to make sure any grains are covered.

My local hydro store sells the Canna Coco bricks for $11. They are so nice to work with but are like $30 on the Zon. I'm going in next week to see if I can buy 10 more. Earlier this month when I stopped by they were still swamped with Rona related grower orders and are worried about all the people coming in if when the recreational prop gets passed in Nov. here. I'm stocked up with everything grow related I need to get me through the year and maybe to next spring besides coir and maybe another bag of MC or possibly GeoFlora Bloom depending on how this clone run goes with it.

The only cubes that need a casing later on is Penis Envy. However I do like dusting a 1/4" layer on top of just substrate after I get the spawn and substrate mixed together leveled out. Just enough to make sure any grains are covered.
I seen the Casing thing from the North Spore video but If what I have to grow (The Syringes I have) doesn't require a casing layer maybe I will skip it or do like you said and spread a 1/4inch layer on top

Back
Top Bottom