Psychoactive Mushrooms & Cacti Discussion

You mean a day or two? :rofl: That's the best thing about shrooming, it happens so fast.
The Spore syringe must not have had much spores in it because it took 3 or 4 weeks to see any Mycelian then I broke that up and shake it down like it was then leave it. That's when it changed from a nice white color to a Blue/Black mold growing. I don't think the spore syringe had much spores in it and that's what made it take so long to start turning white and it Never got to where the grain was consumed by the mycelian. Just a little white on the grains and mostly in the bottom

@PCaddict it sounds like you may have had something else going on with your grain spawn that it took so long to grow. I did notice in the photos of the contamination, your grain looked a bit on the wet side. Was it like that to start with or was that only after you inoculated?
They were like that when I got them. They came from North Spore and was sterol they use an autoclave and pasteurize too. I also injected bottom, sides , and top which I found out was wrong. I should have injected all of it in the bottom. That's where they said to inject is just the bottom

I shoot mine up against the side in 1-3 spots depending on the bag size. I just stick the needle in and bring it flat so it shoots on the grain against the side of the bag. If I do more than 1 spot I just spin the needle to the next spot. I usually end up on a 5lb grain bag shooting spores at 2, 6, and 10 o'clock on the side of the bag with the port.

If the grain is wet it's not good, things will grow slow and you'll get contaminates. Over soaked grains that burst are no good either. I soak grains overnight but then drain and dry them over the next day or two so they are pretty dry before I PC them.

I shoot mine up against the side in 1-3 spots depending on the bag size. I just stick the needle in and bring it flat so it shoots on the grain against the side of the bag. If I do more than 1 spot I just spin the needle to the next spot. I usually end up on a 5lb grain bag shooting spores at 2, 6, and 10 o'clock on the side of the bag with the port.

If the grain is wet it's not good, things will grow slow and you'll get contaminates. Over soaked grains that burst are no good either. I soak grains overnight but then drain and dry them over the next day or two so they are pretty dry before I PC them.
Thanks Phantom That's kinda how I did it so I guess I did it right except for when I went in an upward pointing needle so some got on the grains that were close to the top

I'm not a fan of the grey lids, you want something clear or at least able to let some light in. Unless you decide to setup a Martha tent and only need the totes to colonize the substrate before transferring into the tent to fruit.

Hmm ill have 2 look tht up lol. Otherwise 2morow ill look for clear lid totes but 2day i got this for the polyfill is this the right stuff?

View media item 1794957
Also check out my grain jars at 3days an i see lil white fuzz around some grains is tht mycelium starting? I got Golden Teacher spores jus so u no. This is grain jar #2.

View media item 1794958
View media item 1794960
View media item 1794959
An then here we got grain jar #1.

View media item 1794961
View media item 1794963
View media item 1794962
My spores and a nice Brownie I just made
20200924_133038.jpg
20200924_133433.jpg

Ohh what u guna do start them in the cake hahaha jk. I actually jus made a canna cake yesterday lol.

Oh an i also got a heating pad put in with the grain jars now an it bumped the heat up 2 76.9°f now so that should really help things out now lol. If they were already startn lil fuzzies wit how it was b4 with the temp then now they shud kick into high gear hahaha.

Looking good, don't be shaking or moving the grains around too much now and make sure the heating pad doesn't get out of control. You'll be eating freshies in no time. I'll have to check my bags when I get in from the garden. I also have inoculate the 39 dishes I ended up pouring the other night.
20200923_145452.jpg

Also that is the correct polyfill.

Looking good, don't be shaking or moving the grains around too much now and make sure the heating pad doesn't get out of control. You'll be eating freshies in no time. I'll have to check my bags when I get in from the garden. I also have inoculate the 39 dishes I ended up pouring the other night.
20200923_145452.jpg

Also that is the correct polyfill.

Yea i jus wen n checked it again several hours later an it still holding at at 76.0°f so i think thts jus how hot its guna get. An i shook one can up gud an the other jus kinda rolled around lookn at it but was that a no no hopefully i didnt ruin them. An sweet tht looks like its guna be some fun lol. I cant wait to try agar an all tht lol.

I’ve got Ecuador, Brazil and Mexican ordered.

Awesome man next thing u no we all will be trading spore prints an syringes lol. But yea man sounds like u got a nice lineup. I'll have to check out what the brazils are like are they supposed to be pretty potent or what?

Sounds like a good mix PW.. cool to see everyone getting in gear. Nice start blazin and Johnnie!

Thanx man much appreciated i cant wait till i got acouple mini totes filled with shrooms lmao. My plan is to eventually have several little monotubs going like 2 or 3 for each strain ill have going. An i wana get like 4 or 5 different kinds. So depending on how my day is going tht day or what kind of trip im in the mood for i can take lol. Plus then ill have some for every occasion hahaha.

Also slightly off topic does any1 know if shrooms are like lsd an if u wana trip the next day after already tripping u gotta double ur dose from how much u took the day b4?

It’s similar to lsd but not the same, it builds tolerance fast but not sure about having to double the dose

Ok thanx for the info.

So this is my new tote i got will tht work since its got a clear lid but the whole thing is clear lol. This was the only 1 i cud find with a clear top so will that work? Shud i paint the bottom black so light dnt get in that part or is it fine?

View media item 1795057
View media item 1795056
Then here we got some vermiculite to make my substrate.

View media item 1795055

Ok thanx for the info.

So this is my new tote i got will tht work since its got a clear lid but the whole thing is clear lol. This was the only 1 i cud find with a clear top so will that work? Shud i paint the bottom black so light dnt get in that part or is it fine?

View media item 1795057
View media item 1795056

View media item 1795055
I am going to paint the bottom of mine about 1/4 to 1/3 way up the sides then two vent holes on each side and one hole for each end. The one end of mine will have a fan and one side vent will be a humidifier so my Mono tub will be decked out if I can ever get some grain spawn to spawn without contamination

Your tub seems shallow but I have no idea of what I am talking about when it comes to growing Mushrooms

Ok thanx for the info.

View media item 1795057
View media item 1795056

View media item 1795055
You will need some vent holes. If you haven't done it yet watch the video I shared a few pages back. It is a step by step guide on making and filling a mono tub.

Ok thanx for the info.

View media item 1795057
View media item 1795056

View media item 1795055
That's the right Mono brand in my humble opinion, but it looks a bit shallow as stated above (will work), but i have a mini 18q that panned out fine so definitely can be done. 32 quart tub, you're looking at 2-3 jars, two would be fine, 3 will colonize exceptionally quick.

I just use a trash bag(never used paint) and duct tape, thick ones for leaves that are durable. A well constructed Mono will do everything all on it's own. The good thing is... the work's already been done, TIGHT polyfill in the bottom holes, and LOOSE(Fluffy) on the Top holes. You need good fresh air exchange(FAE), slow and steady evaporation, and a 6500k light and your pretty much in the sweet spot... Kaboom!(ers). :volcano-smiley:

Back
Top Bottom