Psychoactive Mushrooms & Cacti Discussion

Ok cool, I’ll set up one with Ecuador and one with golden teacher.

Oh boy thts guna be an awesome run. U got the spores rite nw an guna do all tht? I still gotta get sum vermiculite but jus got my coco brick 2day n the store was out of vermiculite so guna have 2 look else where lol. But yea how much vermiculite shud i get? I got a 2.5 cubic ft bale of coco so i figured tht wud b enuf for tht lol. But im not sure how much vermiculite n gypsum i shud use?

Its all gud. An ok do u no what the sg stands for? Eitherway noce job with a gaint jar full. I hope my first run i can atleast get a few shrooms but would love a gaint outcome like tht lol.
Supposedly it's a resurrected strain from a 30 year old print. I actually haven't tried the SG30 since I was interested in BHT since it had or has great reviews for VISUALS. Very SMOOTH, nothing WAVY(No yawns) at all in my experience. I'm due for two tablespoons of honey in some tea and a splash of lemon. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Keeping unused spores in the fridge is where you want to keep them.
The good news IS...they can survive in a room temperature drawer, but DEF NOT recommended(lost 2 syringes to 7 quarts of wasted WBS with NO growth). I have life in one of my 3.5 year old syringes, I'm pretty sure it's Mycelium anyway. Nothing yet out of the other test jars(Taz,GT), but the Z strain showed signs of growth slightly over 2 days, I noticed it last night and this morning it has grown. This afternoon would be 3 days so Z strain is FAST as advertised. The spores are right at the injection port so it lines up, I hope it isn't Cobweb or something, but I doubt it being this fast showing. And just for growers sake, I have multispore experience only and I am in NOWAY shape or form a PRO at this. I just wanted to grow some good shrooms that you could trust for myself a few others. That being said, READ as much as you can about this hobby(videos as well), I was obsessed for quite awhile. If this jar is good to go, I may do a grain to grain transfer, I'll definitely take a print for keeps sake this time, I have no idea why I didn't with the BHT.

View media item 1794773
View media item 1794774
View media item 1794775Not the greatest pictures, came out looking a bit grey, but it's fuzzy white in person. , What do you think Phantom?

Try to get the grain bags a little warmer.

For making substrate you want 650 grams coir, 2 quarts vermiculite, 1 cup gypsum, and 5 quarts boiling water. That is enough for a 66 quart monotub with 5 quarts of grain spawn mixed in.
This is exactly what I use, 66 quart for BIG Mono, and an 18qt for a Mini Mono with 1 quart jar of spawn. I usually use 6-7 quarts of spawn(or save one for a Mini), a little overkill, but it consolidates FAST! I pasteurize my mix, but there are plenty of people that don't and works fine. I know the old Damion thread didn't pasteurize with success so it's NOT a requirement.

Try to get the grain bags a little warmer.

For making substrate you want 650 grams coir, 2 quarts vermiculite, 1 cup gypsum, and 5 quarts boiling water. That is enough for a 66 quart monotub with 5 quarts of grain spawn mixed in.

Ok so with this mixup can i use parts of it for seperate smaller monotubs like these or will these not work for like a mini monotub? There are 4 tubs here they came in 4 packs lol.

View media item 1794395

There's something growing in that jar, hopefully some healthy mycelium. :blunt:
I hope so, get me doing some other things other than shooting multispore jars and fruiting and that's it. Here's a little better picture, tough through the jar. It's getting warm/steamy in there so it looks fuzzy and dome like. This thing was a small spot last night, whatever it is IT'S FAST!

View media item 1794868

Ok so with this mixup can i use parts of it for seperate smaller monotubs like these or will these not work for like a mini monotub?
I'm not a fan of the grey lids, you want something clear or at least able to let some light in. Unless you decide to setup a Martha tent and only need the totes to colonize the substrate before transferring into the tent to fruit.

I'm not a fan of the grey lids, you want something clear or at least able to let some light in. Unless you decide to setup a Martha tent and only need the totes to colonize the substrate before transferring into the tent to fruit.
I am glad you answered that question. I had a couple bigger totes but the tops are black and will not let indirect light in the tub so I bought 3 with clear tops, Not sure what size they are but they are the typical totes. I don't think they say how many gallons they are but they are the average size, Like most things in my life Just average Lol

My spores and a nice Brownie I just made
20200924_133038.jpg
20200924_133433.jpg

I am glad you answered that question. I had a couple bigger totes but the tops are black and will not let indirect light in the tub so I bought 3 with clear tops, Not sure what size they are but they are the typical totes. I don't think they say how many gallons they are but they are the average size, Like most things in my life Just average Lol
Just so you and @Blazinjones know you can cut out some of the lid and tape plastic wrap over the opening as a window of sorts. People do it with their SABs sometimes when the plastic isn't as see through and I don't see why it wouldn't work for your monotubs. It's just difficult to cut the plastic lid without it cracking in the process.

Back
Top Bottom