Psychoactive Mushrooms & Cacti Discussion

Ok so wen u say put in into a bucket n put the lid on are u meaning the pressure cooker? Like mix the coco brick an all that into the 4 quarts boiling in the pressure cooker an lit it sit over night?
Also what do you mean by double check the field capacity i dont know what that means?
Nope, I mean a 5 gallon pail with a lid or even a cooler you can close. Since the coir and verm is pretty clean to begin with all you need to do is pasteurize it, not sterilize in a PC. It makes it super easy.

Field capacity is the amount of water the substrate is holding. You want to take a handful and squeeze it as hard as possible with only a drip of water coming from it. Too wet or too dry and you'll have issues.

roger rabbit is that sum1 on youtube i take it?
RR actually has his own website with a good amount of useful information on it but they want to sell you a DVD, go figure. Google Roger Rabbit Mushrooms and the site is the first one listed.

The other two I mention were active in another forum I belonged to, like with RR if you put mushroom behind their name in a Google search their work will pop up in the first few results.

Then when i mix the grain spawn an let it sit in the dark i dnt open the lid at all right. If im understanding the way the monotubs work are like a mix it an let it set kinda thing right? An once its fully colonized n i start fruiting conditions is that when i open the lid n let light in? Is that what u meant by increasing fresh air exchange? Sorry for all the questions i jus wana make sure i understand all the stuff im tryn to research n watch an all that lol. But thanx again guys i appreciate all the help every1 is given me.
Sorry missed this, yes you are correct it is a mix it and leave it kind of thing. So with monotubs all you need to do is loosen your polyfill in your holes and that should increase your FAE to where fruiting starts.

Yeah like growing pot there's a lot of bad and incomplete information out there. Roger Rabbit, Frank Horrigan, and BOD are the go to people to look up when starting out.
Absolutely, i based most of my tech off of Frank, but everyone who is interested in growing mushies needs to read Roger Rabbits data, you can find it in PDF format the last time I checked.

You know I tried 2 grams which should have given me a little tracers at least so I think I am on something that is blocking its effects
A friend of mine has done shrooms many times and never really felt that much(mild body high) until he did powder with orange juice. He doesn't doubt the power of psilocybin now. In my opinion, I will never eat another dry mushroom in my life... FRESH... different story! :laughtwo:

So do u have to dry them an then eat them in order to trip or can u pick them an eat them fresh? Whats the best way to block the taste like can i chop em up N jus drink em down with orange juice or sumthn or any otherways?

You can eat them fresh or frozen. You can dry completely the grind them into powder and mix it up in a glass of orange juice. Some say that’s the potent way to take shrooms.

You can eat them fresh or frozen. You can dry completely the grind them into powder and mix it up in a glass of orange juice. Some say that’s the potent way to take shrooms.

Hmm im guna have 2 try that out sounds like it wud b fun lol.

In kiwiland we tend to put 50 to 250 goldtops into water, bring to the boil for approx 5mins, filter liquid through a kitchen sift and then make about 5-6 coffee size cups to skull back.... One cup is enough per person for a good life changing trip, a decent buzz with amazing visuals....
It's been decades since i indulged in mushrooms but I still believe it helped my mind and perspectives on life for the better. Good dam i can still remember the buzz hahahahahaha
Nowadays people are selling ground up shrooms in double o pills for what I'd consider over priced as they grow abundantly on our coastlines / forests in NZ, so you can pick for free ....... A warmed Autumn ground transitioning to the first frost brings magic mushrooms in NZ.

Ok first of all I throughly enjoyed reading through the entirety of this thread and watching the videos as well. I hope to try again in the next few weeks when I can order more supplies.

My first try by myself turned out to be a failure. I'm pretty sure I know what I did wrong lol. I tried to use sterilized manure instead of some type of grain to inoculate my spores. Also mixing the spore prints and then squirting them into the jars with a dropper thing wasn't good either.

I had no contams in the jars after a month but no mycelium growth either. So maybe one thing to look at in which I succeeded is that I was able to keep everything clean! That shit stank too when I opened the jars. Dont wanna use that again in my substrate tbh lol.

Thanks for all the help Phantom, PW and others!! Excited to learn about this much more, ive always enjoyed mushrooms and how they grow differently than anything else. Cant wait to get some going and watch the action!

Back
Top Bottom