Psychoactive Mushrooms & Cacti Discussion

Picture of my still air box and fan and controller
20200911_144504.jpg

Not pictured is my Humidifier and InkBird controller for RH, I have my other two tubs I am going to use stored away I will need to get them out and Clean the Hell out of them after I cut some fresh air holes and one hole for the fan. I am going to be setting up two Mono tubs like that so the environment should be on point. We keep our house right around 71f so temps will be right so as long as I get everything cleaned up and sanitized well enough I should have a successful grow...... I am hoping anyway I would Hate to have contamination on this upcoming grow

Yup, higher concentrations will evaporate too fast to actually get a long enough contact time to kill.
Oh i didnt think of tht gud thing u let me no cuz i was out lookn for sum 2day at wallmart an they are all out of alcohol lol. So guna go sumwhere else but i was lookn for 90% but will now get the 70% kind thanx for letn me no cuz im out shopping for items to setup my mushroom grow setup lol. I think im pretty sure im jus guna do a monotub they seem to get bigger yields then say pf tek. Is the sab jus to work on ur grow like inoculating the grain spore or taking prints n stuff like that? U dont use ur sab for the monotub do u? I gotta do alil more research into the monotub method. But yea this will all prolly be alot easier once i do my first round lol. I feel like it was this way for highbrix growing too lol. Atleast for me cause i thought it would be to hard so didnt do the plunge n start hb growing for the longest time lol. So im hoping tht it wont be 2 hard an i dnt screw it up 2 badly lol. Atleast ill have alil xtra spores so if my first 2 jars dnt work out i can essentially do 3 more after tht so im hoping that i atleast can get 1 of the jars to take lol.

Is the sab jus to work on ur grow like inoculating the grain spore or taking prints n stuff like that? U dont use ur sab for the monotub do u?
Yeah the SAB is just for doing sterile work. The hand/arm holes you put in your SAB won't work for a monotub, too large. I went and found the biggest clear bottom tote I could find, like 115 quarts or something like that for my SAB. For monotubs the 36-54 quart range is the sweet spot, not too big or too small.

Yup, higher concentrations will evaporate too fast to actually get a long enough contact time to kill.
That could have been the problem all along I used 90% thinking it would work better. See that's the kind of advice that's SO helpful. We are Lucky to have you helping Phantom Thanks and now I need to go to the store and get some 70%

Yeah the SAB is just for doing sterile work. The hand/arm holes you put in your SAB won't work for a monotub, too large. I went and found the biggest clear bottom tote I could find, like 115 quarts or something like that for my SAB. For monotubs the 36-54 quart range is the sweet spot, not too big or too small.

Shit i went with a 64qt for my monotub did i get 2 big of one shud i go n get a smaller1 or will it be ok? Or maybe ill get a smaller 1 for my trial grows wen i wana do a grow for spore prints or sumthn like tht an then this bigger 1 ill save for wen i do my big grow. I jus wana do a smaller1 for my first time so i can get atleast 2 or 3 grows under my belt b4 i go an do a big one so i no alil more what to do and expect ya no.

That could have been the problem all along I used 90% thinking it would work better. See that's the kind of advice that's SO helpful. We are Lucky to have you helping Phantom Thanks and now I need to go to the store and get some 70%

Haha i no right im so glad 2 have him around shit its saved me from makn sum mistakes already lol. N yea i had 2 get 70% alcohol pads cuz i cudnt find any alcohol they were all out everywhere. Dam covid has every1 panic buying shit over here where im at. But ill get sum sumwhere im sure b4 my spores arrive.

i went with a 64qt for my monotub did i get 2 big of one shud i go n get a smaller1 or will it be ok?
64 quart will be ok, this isn't exactly rocket science once you get going, just keep in mind you may want/need more grain spawn and substrate than most TEK will have in their "recipe" since you are in a big tote. Growing mushrooms is actually a lot easy than growing marijuana once you get it to click. I'm sure pot maybe the say way, I just haven't made it to that point, yet. You learn quick with mushrooms, like in weeks versus months.

If you haven't bought a SAB yet, use the 64 quart as your SAB and buy a 54 quart Sterilite clear storage tote (aquarium blue handles) for your monotub, they are admittedly the best you can get for monotubs, actually a monotub TEK is based off these specific totes. If you can't find that specific one or found something similar for cheaper, go for it, it's just a plastic tote after all. Again not rocket science.

Try a grow store maybe for alcohol
Your favorite fast food place with alcohol wipes. ;) I had an ex who is a nurse and now I have boxes of alcohol wipes, gloves, and masks from her work and she's been gone for years. :laughtwo:

This thread is cool as Hell :thumb: I think maybe I'll follow along if nobody minds. I love doing intricate stuff like this; always wanted to work with agar and petri dishes. I'll go back and watch the videos and if I like it and it's not too time consuming maybe I'll give it a try. It'd be a nice stash to have, if they lasted stored in jars.
But I keep reading these very insightful statements about demons. So they'll stay jarred up for the time being. :eek:

Back
Top Bottom