Psychoactive Mushrooms & Cacti Discussion

Well my back yard neighbor had those two clones and his lemon kush stolen . Mine lucky are fine and hidden from his yard but now I am scared shitless been bringing any pots inside in case my big girls get stolen
Your pup will tell you if someone's in the yard. Some people suck! Sorry to hear it'
so close.

Well my back yard neighbor had those two clones and his lemon kush stolen . Mine lucky are fine and hidden from his yard but now I am scared shitless been bringing any pots inside in case my big girls get stolen

Dam tht sux fukn rippers the dam basturds. I dnt blame u for bringing them in lol shit i wud b to haha. But yea gud luck hope they dnt get ya 2 man wishn u the best of luck. I figured id try my hand at groaing sum shrooms now that i found out im fairly gud at gardening hahaha mite as well try sum shroom growing. Any 1 got any tips for a first time grower?

Well my first attempt at growing Mushrooms is a failure so I have to get more grain spawn and try again
20200907_171805.jpg
20200907_171803.jpg
20200907_171755.jpg

What was the reason it didnt work do you know? Jus trying to figure out what i need 2 start growing shrooms myself n wana have the best possible result so any tips or tricks would greatly be appreciated. Also do i need grains 2 start or can i jus use a good coco vermiculite and gypsum mix?

You'll need to spawn the spores onto grain, they won't take going straight into substrate.

Ok thanx alot man that saved my ass so i didnt buy the wrong thing lmao. So would i even need the coco mix then could i essentially jus get a grain bag n put them in tht way or should i get both an mix it up? Also if i got a 10 cc syringe of spores do i need to use the whole 10 cc to start growing or do i jus use alil at a time?

You will still need the coco coir mix. You'll take a 10cc spore syringe and inoculate a few 3lb bags of grain to spawn the mycelium on. Once the mycelium has colonized the grain 100% you then break it up and mix it in with your coco mix. That goes into a monotub to allow for the mycelium to then colonize the entire substrate, at which point you start fruiting.

@Blazinjones this will give you a basic idea on the full process I just described. Do some more in depth research on all of this since the video doesn't get very descriptive on the entire process going on. Look up things like sterile techniques (SAB or still air box), Bucket TEK for your substrate making, and either monotubs or Martha TEK for fruiting.
Awesome man thanks this helps me alot i now know what i need 2 get. Do u no about how long it takes for the colonization to occur or is it based upon the strain of fungi im growing?

Also ive been thinking about trying either Golden Teacher or B+ as my first time to try but ive seen that they say that the oyster shrooms are the fastest growing type of shrooms so was thinkn about tryn some pink oyster or maybe yellow oysters they look like a weird cheese color so i bet they really stink lmao. Altho the pink oysters look cool as shit ive never seen how good they r or do i no any1 who has tried them so idk maybe ill try those down the line lol. But yea thanx man ill be doing alot of reasearch to see what i need to get first to start up my project here lol.

Do u no about how long it takes for the colonization to occur or is it based upon the strain of fungi im growing?
It depends on that plus the amount of grain and substrate you are trying to colonize. You are looking at 10-14 days to colonize smaller grain bags/jars, another 10-14 to colonize your substrate, and then just a few days until you are harvesting fruits.

It depends on that plus the amount of grain and substrate you are trying to colonize. You are looking at 10-14 days to colonize smaller grain bags/jars, another 10-14 to colonize your substrate, and then just a few days until you are harvesting fruits.
Ok so shit it only takes about a month to get a harvest dang thats awesome n quick me lickey haha. But ok thanx man im thinking about getting some Golden Teacher spores an then get a 3lb grain bag is how much the one place i was lookn had i think or maybe 5lb or sumthn im not sure now lmao. But ill check wen i go to order jus trying to figure out if i can wait to get the soil part till my next check an jus get the grain bag n spores rite nw. An since 10 to 14 will be enuf time i think maybe ill jus get a bigger grain bag instead of smaller will tht get me more of a yield or increase chances of success or anything like tht?

It will take longer to colonize giving anything else in your spore syringe a chance to grow before the mycelium has a chance to get a hold and fight it off. I would suggest using maybe 1lb bags if you are using a syringe. It gives you more chances at having uncontaminated grain spawn, not necessarily putting all your eggs in 1 basket. Now if you are using a clean culture the larger size won't be a problem since you're removed the possibility of contaminates.

It will take longer to colonize giving anything else in your spore syringe a chance to grow before the mycelium has a chance to get a hold and fight it off. I would suggest using maybe 1lb bags if you are using a syringe. It gives you more chances at having uncontaminated grain spawn, not necessarily putting all your eggs in 1 basket. Now if you are using a clean culture the larger size won't be a problem since you're removed the possibility of contaminates.

Well in this video i watched it showed using a flame to burn the needle tip to sterlize it an if i get sealed bags of sterilized grain wudnt i then be ok if i got sum kind of sterilization wipes or spray an sprayed the bag an syringe as well an flame the needle tip an wipe/spray each bag as i inject it wud i be fine with a 3lb bag otherwise idk if the place i was guna go threw has anything less then a 3lb grain bag. Ill have 2 check.

Spore prints and syringes are inherently dirty due to how the spores are collected. Some vendors do a really good job being as sterile as possible and some are really bad. You'll always want to treat a print or syringe as if it's already contaminated (checking throughout the grow for contaminates) so shooting up multiple smaller bags in my mind is more ideal than 1 or 2 larger bags. Now if you get clean grain spawn growing in say a 1lb bag you can transfer some of that clean grain spawn into some new larger grain bags to colonize.

Really the only way to get clean mycelium is to do agar work where you force it to grow in only 2 dimensions and can isolate it from any contaminates. You can dump the clean mycelium on agar into grain spawn or into a liquid broth for a liquid culture (LC). When done this way and supplemented with a good sterile technique you basically remove any issues with contaminates for all of your grows.

I know Penny has mention going from spore syringe to LC to get clean mycelium and it definitely can be done, just maybe a little harder. This is because now any contaminates in the spore syringe are suspended in 3 dimensions and being able to get a clean piece of mycelium could be more difficult than on agar. FYI when trying to get clean mycelium from a spore syringe less is better. You only need a tiny drop to get multiple spores onto agar or into LC, also it's less chance of getting any contaminates with it.

I really want this to work and I need to learn more abut Petri dishes and Agar . I have a fan that cane out of my old heat pump. I need to figure out how to make a flow hood and box for doing clean cultures etc. First I got to figure out this Mono Tub thing. I plan to use a different spore syringe this time and I got some in the fridge waiting to be used and the company I got the grain bags from is replacing 2 grain bags no charge to replace the ones I had. I also ordered 3 more grain bags. The clean their Grain Spawn and substrate is sterilized in an auto clave and they take all the precautions they can so I think the grain was good I think it might have come from the syringe. I have another full syringe of Golden Teacher and 3 CCs of the one I used so that one is probably a dude I cant remember which place I got those from.

I really want this to work and I need to learn more abut Petri dishes and Agar . I have a fan that cane out of my old heat pump. I need to figure out how to make a flow hood and box for doing clean cultures etc. First I got to figure out this Mono Tub thing. I plan to use a different spore syringe this time and I got some in the fridge waiting to be used and the company I got the grain bags from is replacing 2 grain bags no charge to replace the ones I had. I also ordered 3 more grain bags. The clean their Grain Spawn and substrate is sterilized in an auto clave and they take all the precautions they can so I think the grain was good I think it might have come from the syringe. I have another full syringe of Golden Teacher and 3 CCs of the one I used so that one is probably a dude I cant remember which place I got those from.

Sweet well im guna go with 2 16oz mason jars or sterlized grains from sporewhore.com n get some Golden Teacher spores n see how tht works for my first run as i try to do the monotub way. I also need to start doing some mre research into agar an all tht was mentioned previously.

Back
Top Bottom