ProfessorFlora Presents: Growing On A Journey

Hey 420!

So today I watered the flowering plants with what I believe will be their final watering. I think a couple may get a splash of water next week but I won't be watering them with anymore nutrients for this grow. Most have slowed down in their drinking to a point where it's taking longer than a week to dry out the pots so I'll take that as a sign that the end is nigh. We have less than 3 weeks before the end of the grow and I'd like to allow them to dry out quite a bit before the end so as to stress them out. This is to try to get them to produce a bit more frost if possible but also to keep the humidity down as the buds finish fattening up over the next couple of weeks. I'm probably going to cut them down before the 26th otherwise the harvest might get delayed for a bit too long as I'm likely to be hung over after the wedding which I'll be attending on that weekend. I'm less concerned about how the flowering plants are doing than I am about the veg plants, which are getting bigger each day. Soon they'll exceed the limit and I'll be forced to start choping them up to avoid them escaping the tent lol.

So first up we have these ladies....

The G-Mint's....

The GTA's....

And the Pine Tar Kushes....

It's a good thing I installed that carbon filter as its stinking in there now!

Here's the bonus pics where I turn the lights right down and try to show the plants true colours. The phone camera of course, doesn't like this as much....

And now onto the newbies. Firstly though, we have to get the bad news out of the way. The auto never germinated. I don't think I stored the seeds very well and because of this they were damaged. I have one more seed which I will have a go at but I don't feel overly confident that it will work. Not to worry, this just means that I'll have to get another to run which doesn't worry me too much....

So after a pic of a pot of coco we move onto the fun stuff....

All of the vegging plants are growing well. A bit too well in some cases and today I decided that they could do with some root pruning. The tell tale signs of most becoming root bound are there with some starting to become a bit scraggly looking over the last couple of days. I was quite surprised to find that the Blueberry plants actually have more developed root systems that the sativa leaning hybrids which are growing faster. Some of those plants really needed the extra space, and some, not so much. I repotted all though to save having to do it again before they are put into the flowering tent at the end of the month. This is going to be a real challenge to keep them from taking off and growing too large but we can do it.

So, here are the plants today. First we have the DJ Short Blueberry F5's...

There is something about these plants that just feels right. I love the look of them and they feel pretty resilient. The cat will love to eat one of these as the leaves smell quite strong lol.

Next we have the mixed fems grow....

All are good and none seem weak at this point. I'm just not liking the gap in development between the older and newer plants. My fingers are crossed for this one.

Here are the Blue Dream's and the GMO's....

The Sour Diesel....

The ZDF, the Mango and the 24K Gold....

Here is the larger GMO out of her pot....

And here is the largest Blueberry out of hers....

When it comes to root pruning with plants in coco I just wait for the pot to dry out, carefully remove said plants and shake the coco from the roots. I then put the plants back into the pots with the same coco and water them again. Easy. I did this to all of them, cleaned the tent and off we go. That should be them happy for about another 3 weeks to a month. Hooray!....

And so we have it. Another week in the growroom done.

Happy growing everyone and be cool.
:passitleft:

I almost forgot about these....

I did a bit of shopping and got some triploid seeds for a bit of fun. These were purchased from Freedom of seeds website. I bought 4 triploid seeds and got 7 Purple Punch seeds for free. That's awesome! Also, I didn't notice until I took this picture that there are actually 2 seeds in the Donutz pack. Then I decided to count the Purple Punch seeds and there are in fact 8. I'll definitely be shopping there again lol. I was actually meant to get some FoS strains but was distracted by the triploid genetics lol. I will be going back for some Romberry and maybe some 3 King's in the not too distant future though lol.

Back
Top Bottom