PotChimp's Side Projects

Note: It's not likely that this 1024 cutting I put in the test tube for 5 days is going to live :(
Here's a pic of it:

0032517.JPG

I'll let it go until it shrivels up. I won't throw in the towel. I'm not sure these cuttings can take it.

Thanks man I just now started me another journal I'll be doing S1s of that GDP along with a Pre '98 Bubba Kush S1. It should be a cool grow. I expect plants that looks more like Purple Urkel from what I've seen of the S1s of this GDP so far.

Sweet I'll be sure to watch it. Your S1s don't breed true? I saw you say they are similar to an f2 hybrid but I had read in the second edition of the growers bible that selfed plants basically produce seed clones so to say. I seem to recall you saying your GDP was big bud dominant which wasn't what you prefer. So if they take after purple urkel is that not of what you were going for?

That 1024 cut is still green it may just pull through.

I was hoping for exact replicas of the mother when I S1'ed, but I think I should have taken two clones, treated one, then shook that one over the second. I only took one clone, treated the top cola to get male parts, and let the pollen drift down on the lower branches of that same clone to get seeds. I think that's the reason I got Purple Urkel dominant S1s, which I would rather have if I had to choose between the two grandparents of GDP.
Maybe the two prior S1s I grew were just a bad grow and they really are exact copies.

This Grand Daddy Purple is gonna be my first chop of the year (thought it was gonna be my Hippie Killer grow but the foxtailing won't stop on those):

0071840.JPG
0081675.JPG
0091491.JPG

In that second pic you can see one new calyx forming on the right side of the bud I'll chop it in a few days if there aren't any more that grow out.
This upcoming GDP is just now starting to show some coloration in the upper fan leaves. I'm flowering it all the way under the 600 watt lamp instead of running it under the 400 watt one:

0101371.JPG

The resin you get is always amazing Pot Chimp. I love the way every single bit of the buds and sugar leaves are just coated. You inspire me. :love:

How about that the friggin' chimp got a plant to the end without looking like a meteor hit the Earth next to it; pin a badge on him somebody! :party:

:rofl:

I was hoping for exact replicas of the mother when I S1'ed, but I think I should have taken two clones, treated one, then shook that one over the second. I only took one clone, treated the top cola to get male parts, and let the pollen drift down on the lower branches of that same clone to get seeds. I think that's the reason I got Purple Urkel dominant S1s, which I would rather have if I had to choose between the two grandparents of GDP.
Maybe the two prior S1s I grew were just a bad grow and they really are exact copies.
They may be very close anyways. From what I understand there are many things that can bring out different phenotypic expressions with environment and stress being major ones. The part there where you said you should have pollinated one using pollen from another forced hermie, while I'm sure it would work would that really create an s1? I always figured the s was for selfed. I guess it wouldn't really be any different just a different way to do it.

How about that the friggin' chimp got a plant to the end without looking like a meteor hit the Earth next to it; pin a badge on him somebody! :party:

:cheesygrinsmiley:

:clap:

The resin you get is always amazing Pot Chimp. I love the way every single bit of the buds and sugar leaves are just coated. You inspire me. :love:

Thanks that pheno being so dark is what I think makes the trichomes stand out like that. :)

They may be very close anyways. From what I understand there are many things that can bring out different phenotypic expressions with environment and stress being major ones. The part there where you said you should have pollinated one using pollen from another forced hermie, while I'm sure it would work would that really create an s1? I always figured the s was for selfed. I guess it wouldn't really be any different just a different way to do it.

Yeah it's the same chromosome either way. I'm just thinking that I'd rather pollinate a clone of the same plant that didn't have its chemistry altered to make sure the seeds don't do anything funny.

I really enjoy your GDPs. They look amazing. Definitely genetics I would like to possess. I just can't justify the cost of the seeds especially with everything I hear about the high male to female ratio. If they would release a feminized version of it I would consider it.

I have two clones of this GDP that are about a foot tall now. I'm thinking of taking the top of the tallest one, cloning it again, then treating that clone with CS after it takes. Then I can put it in the locker I have my C4DD parents in now; they'll be done by then. I'll take the GDP plant that I took the clone from and put it in there too (for another S1 breeding). It's gonna be in about 3 weeks if I do it.

inspiring indeed, sort of waffles and chicken:rofl:
:hippy:

I'm goin' through those wraps like crap goes through a goose! :tokin:

I just can't manage to do it with an equatorial Sativa..... :(

Well I thought it out and here's what I think I should do:
Two of the four GDP S1 plants I just started are going into the breeding locker after the C4DDs are done, along with a clone of the original. I'll treat one of the S1s with colloidal silver so what I'll get when it throws pollen is S2 seeds from a treated plant and S2 seeds from an untreated plant. I can grow those out and see if they are different. I read once that if you self a plant five times, it's stable. So for S3 I'll take clones from both S2s I produced and treat one again with CS. After that, I'll just go with the best looking plant to use until S5.
With the clone put in, I'll be doing an unstable S1 backcross to the original mother. I'm curious to see what it does. :)

Back
Top Bottom