PotChimp's Side Projects

Ahh what the Hell :) White S1:

0041740.JPG

I guess I'll try feeding this next Free Tibet clone every time:

0031858.JPG

I love this thing, but it don't yield worth a rat's a$$. Pre '98 Bubba Kush S1:

0021936.JPG

Got to check on some things post again soon.....

Wished I wouldn't have checked on things now. Goodbye, Zamal Reunion grow. All males it looks like. :( There would have been my :xmas: smoke.
Well the Free Tibet and Pre '98 are gonna finish out under a stronger light, and maybe I can go ahead with my own BID memorial grow :) What I like about two of the strains I picked for that (Purple Maroc and Purple #1) is that the PM chops in 7 weeks and the P#1 in 8 weeks, so I can make up for the :xmas: smoke if I get it going now. I'll do one of my S1'ed GDPs and a Blue Dream with them to make it a 6 plant grow, but the Blue Dream and the GDP will be separated from the rest of the grow at some point.
Man my luck's been not so good lately..... :straightface:

PC

Sorry to hear about the shitty luck. Gonna save some pollen?

Okay grower's decision time :) When I'm done switching plants around I'll have two open units. I'm going to put a 125 watt blue spectrum CFL in the locker and start my Sensi Star grow. Fall is beginning, so I think I can get some dense Indica grows in without grey mold problems. I'll change the bulb in the other unit to a 250 watt MH/HPS set at high (the bulb is about a year old, so I might as well get the most out of it before I replace). I'm not sure what I'm going to name the grow yet, but I'll be putting 2 fem Purple Maroc, 2 fem Purple #1, 1 fem GDP S1 (my CS project), and 1 fem Blue Dream. My White S1 plant and another FT clone will be going in with them.
I am going to wait until April to start the Thai Stick grow. They take 16-18 weeks of flowering and the pic looks like an outdoor plant. These will be able to take the Summer better in my grow units. I have to do Hippie Killer separate too; they grow differently and will get covered by the TS. A Skunk #1 and Rafael/ACDC grow will be coming up shortly after that.

You have one of the most complex grows of anyone here. How the heck do you keep track? Your calendar must be a mess. :laughtwo:

I'm constantly adjusting, and I only have one unit. Scheduling a perpetual can be a mind-warper, trying to coordinate things 4 months in advance - damned plants don't cooperate. :straightface:

I'm starting to learn that I can't really coordinate, keep track, or schedule them; I just toss some more seeds when I think a unit's going to open up :) This move's an agressive one on my part. 14 seeds in the paper towel and wet, not including the 7 or 8 I have of that 818GDP cross. No reg seeds = no entire grow blown with all males! It's on!

I'm starting to learn that I can't really coordinate, keep track, or schedule them; I just toss some more seeds when I think a unit's going to open up :) This move's an agressive one on my part. 14 seeds in the paper towel and wet, not including the 7 or 8 I have of that 818GDP cross. No reg seeds = no entire grow blown with all males! It's on!

Cool!

You mentioned earlier " (I didn't understand about breeders protecting their work back then and didn't know the results would be unstable). " It is not really them protecting, it is poor breeding! ... but... you can square even a hybrid. The first time it is bred with itself you get a really wonky generation that breaks out all the phenotypes (this can be fun, I got a mango plant like this) but if you have hybrid seeds like you do the probability of "possibility of getting the same plant or something similar" is actually very high

Hopefully I'll get something close to that 818 x GDP then :)
I just realized today that this journal is in the wrong place so I reported it to the moderators. If by putting it under the journals that are in progress it winds up getting lost it'll pop up somewhere hope I don't lose anybody :)

I'm not sure what I'm going to name the grow yet, but I'll be putting 2 fem Purple Maroc, 2 fem Purple #1, 1 fem GDP S1 (my CS project), and 1 fem Blue Dream.

How 'bout "The Grow Formerly Named Prince" ... :cheesygrinsmiley:

I got that 6 plant purp grow in the soil; another GDP S1 seed looks like it's gonna pop I'll plant it too :) That 250 watt MH/HPS is bright when you turn it to the 250X setting. I turned the fan down and it's running about 77 degrees F, so I may have to turn it down more to get it up to CO2 absorbtion temps (82 degrees F). I put a second FT clone and the White S1 plant in with them. And 2 818GDP seeds are in the soil too; hoping a third one opens, but as bad as my luck is with high male ratios I should have done about 4 plants to be sure. The Purple Marocs have some auto in them, according to an ad I read on the strain. I'll adjust my signature after I end my CW Journal. Post more pics soon; the Pre '98 is almost ready to chop :)

everything OK? :straightface:

Yeah sorry I haven't posted in a while. All the seedlings are up but I have to take out my 600 watt unit; I got a 3' x 3' tent to replace it today. I want more control over heat and I can't get it inside of these sealed plywood structures. So it's been busy. I'll try to get some pics up today if I can.

Yeah sorry I haven't posted in a while. All the seedlings are up but I have to take out my 600 watt unit; I got a 3' x 3' tent to replace it today. I want more control over heat and I can't get it inside of these sealed plywood structures. So it's been busy. I'll try to get some pics up today if I can.

Cool I have been busy too, glad it is just work :cheesygrinsmiley:

Tell Cozmo and your grandson I said hey :) This tent better do the trick it cut into my banana fund hard..... :straightface:
I got me another slim gym I got a long one this time :) but my girlfriend piled a bunch of boxes in front of the microwave in the basement it's gonna be a day or so before I can enjoy it. I bet it whips around like a snake with it's head cut off.

Updates:

Yesterday was a five hour long Three Stooges episode, but I got the tent up. Trying to get it put up from the inside it kept collapsing I was yellin' at no one in particular as loud as I could it sucked :) One problem after another; finally decided to hang the inline fan on the outside of the tent so the cooltube will be centered. I mounted that fan to the ceiling and put another one in for airflow for the plants. Looks good. Four normal plants will fit in it just right.

Either later today or tomorrow I'll be doing my first Cannabinoid fingerprint test on those Charlotte's Web plants. I should take it easy today I'm hurting all over so it might get delayed.

The Free Tibet, Pre '98, and my Chem project SCROG are all under the 600 watt lamp in the new tent now. I've got another FT clone that's taking off fast that I need to repot.

That S1'ed White plant is looking pure Indica in appearance and it's growing slow. I'll feed it again next time.

All my purple and the Blue Dream seedlings are doing okay too. I'll add that grow to my signature in a day or two.

All five Sensi star plants are up and I'm keeping the light right on top of them to avoid stretch.

My Pre '98 S1 clone looks bad. I'm going to start me another Pre '98 seed in a few days; this plant will be getting S2'ed in about 5-6 weeks.

My last GDP clone that's alive is looking rough; having S1'ed it and seeing that the seeds are fertile, I don't need it. I'm going to try to keep it alive anyway, just in case.

Both 818 x GDP seedlings are going strong; I wish I could have gotten a third one to take in time.

My CDDBX3 clone is revegging nicely now, but it's going to be a few weeks before I take a clone.

The 4 mother plants in my breeding project are leggy but the buds look okay. They all look alike now; I may have stability already, but I'm doing one more generation to be sure.

Man this is getting to be like a job..... ;)

Tell Cozmo and your grandson I said hey :) This tent better do the trick it cut into my banana fund hard..... :straightface:
I got me another slim gym I got a long one this time :) but my girlfriend piled a bunch of boxes in front of the microwave in the basement it's gonna be a day or so before I can enjoy it. I bet it whips around like a snake with it's head cut off.

Thank you... I will tell them both. So does Bubba duck and cover when the microwave starts screaming :rofl:

Speaking of Cozmo, got a good shot, I think I will post it in OMM's off topic thread

Updates:

Yesterday was a five hour long Three Stooges episode, but I got the tent up. Trying to get it put up from the inside it kept collapsing I was yellin' at no one in particular as loud as I could it sucked :) One problem after another; finally decided to hang the inline fan on the outside of the tent so the cooltube will be centered. I mounted that fan to the ceiling and put another one in for airflow for the plants. Looks good. Four normal plants will fit in it just right.

Either later today or tomorrow I'll be doing my first Cannabinoid fingerprint test on those Charlotte's Web plants. I should take it easy today I'm hurting all over so it might get delayed.

The Free Tibet, Pre '98, and my Chem project SCROG are all under the 600 watt lamp in the new tent now. I've got another FT clone that's taking off fast that I need to repot.

That S1'ed White plant is looking pure Indica in appearance and it's growing slow. I'll feed it again next time.

All my purple and the Blue Dream seedlings are doing okay too. I'll add that grow to my signature in a day or two.

All five Sensi star plants are up and I'm keeping the light right on top of them to avoid stretch.

My Pre '98 S1 clone looks bad. I'm going to start me another Pre '98 seed in a few days; this plant will be getting S2'ed in about 5-6 weeks.

My last GDP clone that's alive is looking rough; having S1'ed it and seeing that the seeds are fertile, I don't need it. I'm going to try to keep it alive anyway, just in case.

Both 818 x GDP seedlings are going strong; I wish I could have gotten a third one to take in time.

My CDDBX3 clone is revegging nicely now, but it's going to be a few weeks before I take a clone.

The 4 mother plants in my breeding project are leggy but the buds look okay. They all look alike now; I may have stability already, but I'm doing one more generation to be sure.

Man this is getting to be like a job..... ;)

:cheesygrinsmiley: Right? The ganja widow calls it "playing"

I keep trying to tell my shoulders I'm having fun playing, but they keep answering me with a loud crunch every time I move them :(
Bubba's the only one that's brave enough to tear into a slim gym; Poop and McScruff go runnin' for the basement every time it gets dark because of the thunder (they're my other dogs). :)

Back
Top Bottom