PotChimp's Side Projects

Forgot to pic the tinctures, but I'll do it later today :) Here's some pics. On the lower left part of this top GDP cola you can see it. An area that looks fuzzy and a bit too trichome covered (you find out later it's not trichomes when the hairs on the buds kink up like pubic hair). It's grey mold:

0021795.JPG

I doused it with SNS. The lowers don't look bad. I just misted those:

0031719.JPG

Here's the whole grow unit:

0011799.JPG

This is the next GDP:

0051536.JPG

And one of the next GDP clones (the one I'll S1). It's the clone in front of the seedlings:

0021794.JPG

:peace:

Thanks again, Graytail. Here's the Free Tibet that I'll be putting an end to cloning after this one (unless I see something spectacular). Even the taste is different; it's frosty but it doesn't have the same buzz it did:

0081170.JPG

I haven't been taking care of it very well, but I will from now on until the end (just to see if it's still okay). The CDDBX3 clone I keep running has all this one has and more, so it's no big deal if I get rid of it.

The pics don't show the difference, but here's that tincture comparison I was talking about the other day but got high and busy so I forgot. Old one:

0031700.JPG

New one:

010965.JPG

I've been doing these with early harvested plants, lower buds, and trim all the times I've done it. I'll do it with good buds (when I get some extra) now that I feel comfortable with the process.

Dang had to pull the GDP about 1 to 1-1/2 weeks early :( I fried the poor girl by using too much SNS-214 with her directly under the light; should have waited until lights off and did it 1/4 hour before. The top cola started to get a spot of grey mold again, so out she goes:

012754.JPG
013694.JPG
014633.JPG
015574.JPG

It gives me room for the rest to grow out, though (another GDP on the right, along with 2 CDDBX3 clones):

0081174.JPG

I'll be doing a kief tumble pretty soon and I'll post pics of the results.....

Excellent! At least you'll have some nice zippy trichs. :thumb:

I gotta do something with all my trim ...

Excellent! At least you'll have some nice zippy trichs. :thumb:

I gotta do something with all my trim ...

Yeah this time I don't mind so much 'cause I got weed plus I got more coming. These Indica and Indica dominant plants do well for me when I harvest early; the buzz is kind of sharper or more to the head. I'll have more GDP in about 6 weeks (plus I'll be doing that S1 clone of it soon). I think I'm going to do some checking to see if you can take an already made tincture, add ground weed to it, and repeat the process of freezing it for 5 days to increase the potency (instead of using new 50% ABV). I got more trim I have to get rid of too and these tinctures aren't strong enough for my liking..... :tokin:

Hey Potchimp

Sorry to hear about mold. I will not spray in bud even if mold sets in. I just rip and tear and out goes the moldy plant.

Bummer Chimp

It happens Buckshot; thanks. I'm hoping a good bud wash will take most of the SNS-244 residue off so I don't taste it, that is if any of the good ones have it on them. The buds with mold and rot I'll cut out the good part and use it for hash oil. I think I'm gonna make hash oil out of this premature Mr. Nice I chopped tomorrow. I put all my trim and lower buds into the 2 jars of tincture I already had an hour ago and put them back in the freezer. Hopefully it'll get stronger.
Post more pics soon.....

I can't show how I do it, but I have a piece of 45 micron screen on one end of a 2" tube about 1' long with a cap on the other end and a small hole drilled in the cap :) This Mr. Nice is gonna make a nice hash oil too I'm smoking a blunt of it about as big around as a Bub's Daddy Red Hot bubble gum stick I got a good buzz too could have been the other blunt plus the 5 or 6 joints I smoked today contributing to the effect also but that's cool I don't mind. I'll have some new pics of the upcoming GDP I'm gonna S1 soon because it's starting to grow now and I need to get it in a 1 gallon pot.

It doesn't look like much but it's thick in the bowl. Here's the oil I extracted from that premature Mr. Nice:

0011811.JPG

I read in one of the grow books about using dry kief as opposed to wet kief, and I know I didn't use a good pheno for extractions. I got more than I thought I would though; a knife blade just touched against the surface of the oil brings up enough of the sticky stuff I gotta wipe a tad off to wet a rolling paper.

These tinctures will be done this Saturday afternoon. They are a double extraction; it was a weaker tincture I used to soak this trim/lower bud mix with. It looks good so far; a deep amber (not as deep as the pic implies I suck at getting the colors of some things right):

0021803.JPG

The next GDP:

0071290.JPG
0091053.JPG

Post more pics soon.....

My next few grows I have chosen. Any time (I think even before the ones I list following this) the Chem D project I'm doing will get germed. Other than that I have these grows planned:

(1) GDP fem (CS project).
(4) Zamal Reunion - reg.
(5) Hippie Killer - fem.

Somewhere shortly after these I want to do a grow to see how the S1 GDP seeds turn out. I've been bouncing ideas around, but I think I'll go with:

(5) Sensi Star - fem.
(10) Skunk #1 - reg.
(10) Legend of '91 - reg.

that dang glass bowl is too hard to work with!!! get a small rectangle :cheesygrinsmiley:

I should look online to see if they sell containers specifically for this purpose. They may be made sticky-proof to keep me from feeling like a fly on flypaper every time I wanna get high. What I've been doing is dipping a pocket knife blade into it and wiping a gob of it onto a blunt wrap. I just got done smoking my third one of the day and it helps the blunt a lot; it's worth the hassle and money of doing it. At the end when I can't get the rest out of the bowl I put some 50% ABV in and swirl it, then brew me a cup of tea and dump the bowl into it. :)
I need to tumble me some more kief; of all the extracts I think besides this oil it's my favorite. It's easy to work with as far as just putting it in a doob or a bong, just don't put too much. I've only got a few doobs worth left. I got a good chunk of hash that's been in a container for a while. I should break it up in a blunt and smoke it too. I've got enough trim and some lower buds to work with though. And in no time at all I'm gonna be out of weed as usual. I'm hopin' the next oil has a nice purple hue to it..... :dreamy:

I should look online to see if they sell containers specifically for this purpose. They may be made sticky-proof to keep me from feeling like a fly on flypaper every time I wanna get high. What I've been doing is dipping a pocket knife blade into it and wiping a gob of it onto a blunt wrap. I just got done smoking my third one of the day and it helps the blunt a lot; it's worth the hassle and money of doing it. At the end when I can't get the rest out of the bowl I put some 50% ABV in and swirl it, then brew me a cup of tea and dump the bowl into it. :)
I need to tumble me some more kief; of all the extracts I think besides this oil it's my favorite. It's easy to work with as far as just putting it in a doob or a bong, just don't put too much. I've only got a few doobs worth left. I got a good chunk of hash that's been in a container for a while. I should break it up in a blunt and smoke it too. I've got enough trim and some lower buds to work with though. And in no time at all I'm gonna be out of weed as usual. I'm hopin' the next oil has a nice purple hue to it..... :dreamy:

They do make just the containers you are looking for, check out Stok :cheesygrinsmiley:

I have been using a glass rig to vaporize it... works awesome, if you have not seen it I will shoot a link but this is not a wussy thing, it delivers a killer hit

I'm not sure if I can boil off what I have to boil off inside of those platinum silicone containers without harming them, Buckshot. This stuff I made is already getting the thickness of taffy and it's getting hard to spread out onto a rolling paper I should get me some pot seeds and make me a hippie payday bar out of it. ;)

I'm not sure if I can boil off what I have to boil off inside of those platinum silicone containers without harming them, Buckshot. This stuff I made is already getting the thickness of taffy and it's getting hard to spread out onto a rolling paper I should get me some pot seeds and make me a hippie payday bar out of it. ;)

Maybe I did not get what you requested :hmmmm:

When you do the extraction it would be nice to have the boiling solution go right into the container you keep it in. I think those platinum-silicon containers would crack under that kind of low temp use. If you can boil off straight into them then it would work. If you have to boil off in a pyrex dish and transfer the oil to these containers they wouldn't work for me. Thanks, Buckshot.

Back
Top Bottom