PotChimp's Side Projects

That's not a bad idea if I take a look at the plant and do it some at a time. I think a while ago I read that people do that to Neville's Haze. Maybe it said that the plant can go a few months of doing that. Fuggit, fuggit. I think I'll smoke the buds and chuck it. :)

I'm wearing the Roger Miller joke out, huh?

More pics. Old Timers Haze, looking like it's on its way out:

010936.JPG

GDP flower:

012729.JPG

Free Tibet clone:

011804.JPG
014615.JPG

Next Free Tibet clone (bottom) and GDP clone (top) to start 12/12. I have to take clones of each one first:

0071235.JPG

Slow Bubba Kush revegs again. The Pre '98:

0091013.JPG

The Katsu cut:

0081132.JPG

I just remembered that I bred some of the first Original Grand Daddy Purple seeds I purchased when they came out. I have to look back at my records here to see what I did, but I found the seeds yesterday. :) I grew Connoisseur Genetics GDP S1 before too, but I don't think I used that in the cross. Man I got seeds from the GDP father in that mess crossed with 818 headband too. I got SLH with a DJ Short Blueberry father, damn I did a few crosses before I realized the stock I was doing it with wasn't stable. I'll see what else I did.....

:peace:

Notes: I fed the GDP in flower AN Iguana Bloom, Organic B1, Sensi-Cal Bloom, H2, F1, Liquid Carboload, Sensi-Zym, and GWS this morning. The OTH is looking bad and I'll just let it die off. I've got another hard to grow strain if I want to go that route again. I'll start feeding that Free Tibet AN again now that I have it darker green from the FF. I have to get two more clones into flower soon, so that OTH has to go.

I'm going to get the batteries and apparatus to do an assembly today and I'm gonna S1 the other GDP clone I have; the company isn't breaking any land speed records getting GDP seeds out there again. I'll put it in a closet 13 hours a day until it starts showing; spraying it down maybe a week before I start 12/12 and continuing until I see the male flowers. Hopefully I'll have enough left to do a Pre '98 clone and shake that over a Katsu cut clone.

Okay I know I'm always changing my mind but I like my reason this time :) I was going to do a grow with Critical crosses, but I looked at all my seeds and didn't like the idea anymore. I was thinking of doing one of them, but I guess I'll do it later. I just don't want to do freebies right now I just got too much goodness going on right now.
We were talking about GDP the other day on Buckshot's thread and it got me to thinking. I'm glad I remembered 'cause it made me look in my seeds and find some stuff I did about a year and a half ago breeding (until I learned more and found out that breeders sell you unstable stock to protect their work). When Ken's Original Grand Daddy Purple seeds first came out I got them that very day. I grew 6 of the 10 reg seeds, took a male and pollinated a female with it. The last 4 seeds I grew is where I got the clone I have now :)
I had another plant in the grow, so I thought I'd pollinate it too. 818 Headband, which I thought would be cool. And the last thing I saw I was bummed when I remembered it. All 3 of my DJ Short Blueberry plants I grew were male. The last one looked good, so I thought to myself "Man I don't want all three of these to be a waste of cash!" and pollinated my SLH clone with it (damn decent pot, that SLH.....). The last thing on my list is a Katsu cut Bubba Kush seed I have. I have a reveg that just won't take (that strain doesn't clone well for me, either) so I think I would be better off to plant it because I want to CS a Pre '98 clone which will be big enough to take by then.
So I think what I'll do for my next grow is this:

1 fem Katsu cut Bubba Kush
3 reg SLH x DJ Short Blueberry
3 reg 818 Headband x GDP
3 reg GDP x GDP - PotChimp cut :)

Notes: I fed my GDP clone, Old Timers Haze clone, and Free Tibet clone today (AN Iguana Bloom and all organic additives). The GDP clone looks pretty good, but the FT clone is a bit N toxic from the FF. It should pull out quick; it's not bad. The Old Timers Haze clone looks just like an old timer about to meet his maker. Real bad. :(
I would have put pics up but it's too late tonight the light went off. I'll get some up tomorrow. What I'll do is water the OTH 2 more times and let it dry up :) That should put it at 20 or 21 weeks of flowering, which would be about right for it being a clone.
The Bubba revegs are going slow. The Pre '98 will be a few weeks and the Katsu cut is about to hit the trash can. I have a Katsu cut seed that will be the right size quicker, so if the reveg isn't looking reasonable by then I'll plant it.

Wow, mother GDP looks strong! And OTH is its usual mess ...

I've been making a shopping list, myself, and trying to decide if I really want to nurse a Dr Grinspoon or a Thai. Your OTH doesn't make me all that eager. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I like the sound of the SLH x Blueberry, and you can't go wrong with the GDPs.

Wow, mother GDP looks strong! And OTH is its usual mess ...

I've been making a shopping list, myself, and trying to decide if I really want to nurse a Dr Grinspoon or a Thai. Your OTH doesn't make me all that eager. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I like the sound of the SLH x Blueberry, and you can't go wrong with the GDPs.

The OTH is because of my mistakes and lack of a proper plan, so don't let my shortcomings as a grower discourage you. :) The Zamal Reunion I'll be doing will be from lessons learned on this one. I've got Dr. Grinspoon fem seeds here, but I'm hesitant for the same reasons.

The Headband/GDP cross sounds cool too if you ask me. Can't wait :)
Oh I found Lowryder #1 seeds yesterday (I bred them out of reg seeds too). That weed is total crap though; I won't use them.

Notes: The Old Timers Haze is in a closet in the dark; I'm done with it. It just keeps getting worse looking. That gives the Free Tibet, GDP, and Chemdawg D BX 3 clones a good amount of room to grow, so it's not a bad move. And in 2-1/2 to 3 weeks when my Chem D breeding project is out of that unit I can squeeze another Free Tibet clone in here, leaving that unit cleared for my next grow. To Hell with sentimental or challenging; I need to make a grower's decision here and off what's not working.
Another growers decision is to chop the WW IBL clone I saved. I just don't like the weed. Period.
The Katsu cut of Bubba Kush I'm trying to reveg is getting the boot too. I have a seed left, and the other 2 I grew looked alike (more so than most strains I've grown) so I'll take my chances. This thing clones hard and isn't doing well.
If this last Free Tibet clone I just started doesn't look okay flowering (like the one I have in flower now looks), I'm not going to keep repeating the cloning of it. The last 2 times the results weren't to my liking (mostly my mistakes, though). The dank is gone off from it too. :(

Post more pics soon.....

Another growers decision is to chop the WW IBL clone I saved. I just don't like the weed. Period.

LOL, yeah, I have a couple of those. White Panther is a marvelous plant to grow and a reliable high and potent yielder - I love it to death, but ...

... I just don't like the smoke. I want to like it, I should like it, it tastes great ... but meh.

LOL, yeah, I have a couple of those. White Panther is a marvelous plant to grow and a reliable high and potent yielder - I love it to death, but ...

... I just don't like the smoke. I want to like it, I should like it, it tastes great ... but meh.

Either way I'm screwed on my TD, Graytail. The smaller clone I took is looking rough, so if I like the weed I got a hard road ahead bringing it back around. And if I don't, there goes the whole grow another waste of time and money. Damn.....
I got a good feeling about it though, at least compared to the WW IBL and Choco-:straightface: pot, which both bring our favorite pastime, the marijuana high to a whole new level of crapticity my throat is fried from having to smoke so much of that Chocodope to get high. Google Froggy from the Little Raskals and listen to his voice if they got it on there that's me lately. :(

"froggy" :cheesygrinsmiley:

Might I suggest blue moon shine. It is one of the few strains that I really like. Just opening a jar makes me happy!

Decisions made :)
Here's the grow unit after getting the OTH out. Plenty of room for the GDP, Free Tibet, and CDDBX3 clones:

0011752.JPG

The CDDBX3 clone has some nute burn from the Grow Big in the FF I gave it; I'll flush later today when I get time and it's AN Iguana Grow from now on when the leaves get light green; what FF I have left I'll use to feed my breeding project:

0021751.JPG

The FT is N toxic still; I'll flush it a bit later too:

0031671.JPG

I don't like the look of that FT clone. It doesn't look as frosty as it did when I first started cloning it:

0061316.JPG

The GDP (the only one I didn't use FF on to green it back up) is okay:

0041581.JPG
0051492.JPG

And everything I wanted out of the lineup is officially gone too. I offed my TD clone; if I like it when it's dry I'll get a grouping of seeds and skip the weak clone revival. Offed the WW IBL and all I have left is a few clones I want to keep going with. The GDP clone is in the upper right, and the clones I took from it are at the bottom of the pic:

0071241.JPG

There's a CDDBX3 clone in the middle of that mess too :)

Interesting bud habit on your GDP - reminds me of my SLH - lots of compact nugs. Looks vigorous, too - I like it!

:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom