Pheno's Perpetual: Ocean Grown Dark Plasma, Other Top Shelf TBD, Breeding For THC-V

Nice! Glad your cuts panned out! Sterling kit car! Call me pbnjelly haha!

It will definitely be easier to control everything in a nice new shed. It gets pricy trying to waterproof the old basements. Building out a corner in the garage would give you a really nice space. Could be easily vapor sealed and insulated with just 2*4 walls. Which makes co2 a viable option. Our ground water is a great source for water cooling and geo thermal heating at 55°. I can do a water cooled conversion if you (or anyone else) want.

Excellent Turbo! This is exactly the information I needed. I had been planning around building out the garage so that seems to be the winner. The shed would be about 6 months-12 months out and for the winter run I'm gonna scramble to setup the garage. Ya this home is basically mine, it's willed to me so my mother has said to make any modifications that I want. Couldn't ask for more from a woman that once took apart my 15" subwoofers, found and flushed a QP of xmas bud. lol.

The world's changing. I have a Dr who loves that i'm tapering most pharmaceuticals for cannabis and others that hate it but hey, progress:)

Anyway, I like this idea. I'll start making the room out there this weekend and getting the logistics down. I want to run air through 3-4 hoods, I have an idea to do this in parallel so the lights cool evenly (old watercooling multiple GPUs trick). But it might be ok to run 8 inch insulated from outside, through the 4x4 light, through the 4x8 light then back outside with the glass sealed with tape,

The rest shouldn't need AC until summer and by then I'll have it all installed. I can insulate the rest it's built out perfectly with the 2x4s just needs insulation and drywall.

Another question :) would you still actively cool hoods in a C02 rich room? Can a seal be created that is good enough I guess is my question.

You could get by with sealed tube extractors and co2 but will end up using more co2 depending on how well you can actually get them sealed.

FRP is a nice material for wet/moist locations as a wall covering, we hang it over 3/8 osb not cheap but incredibly durable and easy to clean.

In my room built in a out building I used 1/2 plywood for the wall and ceiling coverings. Painted it top to bottom with white Kilz. Worked out really well. The plywood is nice to hang stuff on. I used slotted angle on the ceiling for the lights. Got a cheap hole saw at HF and used PVC pipe thru the walls for air flow thru my hoods. I used a 70 pint dehumidifier that has a garden hose outlet that I plumbed outside along with my AC. I considered spray foaming the whole thing, but it's not cost effective. I ended up using a mix of foam board and roll insulation. Where I used the foam board I cut it to fit tight and used cans of spray foam on the edges. Sorry for rambling. Good luck bro

In my room built in a out building I used 1/2 plywood for the wall and ceiling coverings. Painted it top to bottom with white Kilz. Worked out really well. The plywood is nice to hang stuff on. I used slotted angle on the ceiling for the lights. Got a cheap hole saw at HF and used PVC pipe thru the walls for air flow thru my hoods. I used a 70 pint dehumidifier that has a garden hose outlet that I plumbed outside along with my AC. I considered spray foaming the whole thing, but it's not cost effective. I ended up using a mix of foam board and roll insulation. Where I used the foam board I cut it to fit tight and used cans of spray foam on the edges. Sorry for rambling. Good luck bro

Brilliant! I didn't think PVC but the foam board is on the list. What a savings from getting the damn vent attachments!! That's been my hold-up on doing the downstairs tent correctly. Basically it sounds like what I was planning to do in the garage as the permanent solution.

See I Had a line on 3 tents and lights as a package, but wasn't able to scramble together the cash before the guy got rid of it:( But I see deals like this almost daily on Craig's list Detroit. XXXL hoods for $50-75 Lumatek Ballasts for 50-75 etc. ppl selling whole Ops for cheap. It's crazy. For those who tried the first wave of Michigan's green rush and decided it wasn't working for them is definitely helping out the local medical patients who are on a tight budget.

Craigslist for some things is looking really good right now in the Detroit area. Cleanable things obviously. Tent is really pushing it for me for what I would take from another garden but most of them clean well. Dude had a 4x8 with 2 XXXL Dom. hood and a ballast, a 4x4 with a "1000w reflector hood and ballast" bulbs ranging from 400-1000W both new and used for $600.

The reason I mention the above deal as it's given me the idea for the garage setup. It's a huge garage with about 7' on each side of the door, one side already has a workbench but the other is just needing to be straightened up. We can move the car and likely still be able to pull the body without trouble WITH a 4x8 and 4x4 on that far wall. The 2x4 will be used for drying and I will stagger the harvests so that I do 2-4 plants a week. Just keep them rotating.

The thought for environmental control is so far thus:
I like to veg at 24/7, it's easy for me to maintain environment.
I then take a week or two to decrease the light to 18/6 and start folair IPM applications before I go into bud. I don't do an extended dark period first, just into 12/12 but may try it or add far red initiators. as it seems the latest genetics take a long time to flip over. The goal is then to have the 4x4 veg tent on 24/7 1000W MH essentially heating the garage during the winter to a minimum the plants in the 4x8 will be able to withstand during their night period.
Make sense? Not sure what yet to expect for that but I can always use a space heater too but the idea is to get all the heat from grow lamps.

In this scenario the 4x8 room/tent would be the only one I 'might' need to create an out vent for the heat. We'll see.
Once I get the LED's built for the flower tent/room I should be able to only run AC in the summer fingers crossed.

I will have to experiment a bit but the goal in the end would be to just build out that side of the garage and separate it

No worries on rambling here! I love to discuss cannabis:)

Oh!! Question to the community: Is it ethical to do a highly hybridized cross for a female hunt filled with variety and then cross on of the hunted females a Malawi cross (Likely Hash Plant, G13 etc) and name it, stabilize a little and release the winner? The scenarios is below and the biggest worry is reduced overall Plant Potency

See as luck would have it, my last 2 Dark Plasma, 12 and 13 are female, and not like the others in that they are filled with sites and a bit more compact.

So no male unless I do some Fem breeding which I do not want to do. I up-potted #13 in flower and she loves it. The roots were at the perfect time too, no circling yet just tips poking out of the coco. Living on the edge!

• The Kickflip #1 is a male and will be moved to the garage to flower out and observe.
    • I initially intended to only observe. take notes etc but of course my wheels starting spinning. Of every plant I've grown, this Kickflip male is morphological perfection! Oh man it sucks because I don't have a sister yet to see what to expect.
    • Perfect inter-node spacing, no mutations that I can find, no coddling or odd behavior just an overall beautiful and hyper vigorous plant that is male. So I am wanting to pollinate all of my females with it :) Hell ya! Pollen chucking all the way! kidding,
    • No but seriously, this first cross would be for MY personal medicine and the variation would all over the map. (Forum GSC x Obi-Wan OG) x (Purple Punch x PB&J) as well as all the other elite cuts I would pollinate a little bit with this male if it's doable.

*Ok so for the questions. I don't intend a full breed party yet just selective branches.
  • I want to know people do this without losing potency of the female plant.
    • Does it not matter If I take and remove the plant from the tent, Week 4 or 5 of flower, when already sticky and swollen, carefully wrap a single branch with the baggie or something containing the pollen and seal it up, put it back in the tent for 3 days. remove plant and spray mist water as I remove bag. Let her finish out normally the seeds should be ready. From these I will hunt about 10 females of different varieties to cross with the Malawi male that I chose before I name a strain and call it mine.

The number 13 plasma so far is everything that I wanted in that plant so far fingers crossed, It's also very vigorous and bushy with a lot of bud sites and that delicious Lemon OG spice on a stem rub. Crossed with the Kickflip male I would think to see some really vigorous and potential winners in there.

Anyway, Have a great week everyone, I'm rambin away as usual:)

Well I guess we'll have to look at that ethical question again later. Because I got the greatest news and that is my kickflip number one the most vigorous morphologically perfect female that's correct I just said female is going to be phenomenal I have a feeling. This is the plant that has nearly killed itself a couple times by drinking all of the water too quickly. She's very forgiving and I couldn't be happier.

I'm getting the new Pixel XL today from Google so I will post some nice pics later. supposed to be the best standard camera on phones. Anyway has this feature that is very cool. it can zoom without digitally cropping and resizing but actually snapping the zoomed area in full resolution, fixing lost light and with Google AI recreating logical pixels so what you get is essentially what you see on those ferensic shows. A photo that can actually be enhanced. Great for those buds you can seem to get to in a trellis.

Anyway lots to do... have a great day!

If you want potency just cross a potent female with a potent male and they produce offspring with similar potency. DJ Short has said potency is a given if the parents are potent so he rarely selected for that. He concentrated on strong vigorous growth and terp profiles.

If you want potency just cross a potent female with a potent male and they produce offspring with similar potency. DJ Short has said potency is a given if the parents are potent so he rarely selected for that. He concentrated on strong vigorous growth and terp profiles.
I would agree, if only for my personal medicine I don't care about numbers. I know if I get in the biz I should chase it in at least one project for those who it really matter too.
In fact, i want to get a good clean 17% Sativa and hit it on a dirty head to prove my point.
I am just competitive by nature and have admittedly gone on that potency train but for my projects potency has to be at least a certain level (relative to my experience, one of the Jack's didn't cut it and i've a couple more that were "duds" in potency resembling hemp in the autoflower grow, just a heads-up there. Ya for the most part I agree.
The Kickflip girl is so absolutely stunning... Check it PW... Resistances appear high, very strong branching, strong sex and takes abuse without complaint, I cut down her two meristems in veg because I didn't know what to expect on the stretch lol. a bit gun shy after the OGs LMAO now I know her behavior, she would have been the one for the flood/drain as well my number 13 plasma.
Pics:
KickFlip #1

...and the vigor, between the plasma 13 and this girl both are very vigorous and will save a couple weeks of veg time using this system compared to the "Elite" cuts that have seem to have lost vigor before I got them... as I wouldn't expect selection for this slow of vigor.

Between that and I wanted to run 4 of the cuts but room is tight, chose two only.
Death Star and Headband.
I will scramble to setup another 2 lights in a 4x8 in the garage... I am dying to run them all this winter and stock up for the year with lots of veriety can focus on breeding.
Very good point PW

I'm admittedly a bit disappointed that I didn't get a male so I popped some beans. What do you look for to show potency in the male? Do you think they cover the sacs in trichs? Any other indicators?

I am reading marijuana botany but it is brief in this portion so far. Maybe need to get further in.

Before I post my Veg area pics, and while it's transferring files I wanted to ask a couple questions:
Right now Chem 91 S's, blueberry will be open pollination as will the Xmas Bud. Then I'll do Chem D x 4DD and probably some UD's
"Chem 91 S's, (I know and love this) blueberry (Yet to try much on this line... The Kickflip is heavy with Blueberry Genetics, about 50% according to Phylos and has a very interesting smell so far.) will be open pollination as will the Xmas Bud. (Do you mean to run open pollination against itself for preservation?) Then I'll do Chem D x 4DD (Forgive me, what is 4DD?) and probably some UD's (Also cannot think of what this is?)" Again Pennywise, thank you from the bottom of my heart for all the help you give to the folks here. I see you in nearly every thread that I read and you always have great input.
Much thanks!

Ok so here's my little un's and I need some input on what to run...

I suffer from PTSD, Depression, Pain and Anxiety. A tough combo that usually requires a daytime and nighttime strains.

Here they Are:

They have been getting same exact food as those in flower. Jacks 321 at an E.C. of ~1.4, Z-7 for the cold roots and BTI treatment for gnats, Humic acid, Honey, and RAW Suluables "Full Up".

I could try a flood drain again but with so many different varieties...I'll stick with 6 in 3 gallon pots. DTW with Jack's 321. Mammoth P, Z-7 and Humic Acid.

*Note For PK boost I decided to not use the Mono-potassium-phosphate ( it's like a 0-50-30 or something, really heavy in P which I likely get enough of from the Mammoth P).
Instead I plan to use Gen Hydro's Liquid Kool Bloom 0-10-10. in Week 4-5.
The reasoning is thus. I have had great success so far with it. I may try the other later as a soluble powder but may as well use up what I have of the GH stuff too.

Well I think that's all folks. Much growers lover and hope everyone's plants are flourishing!

Just go easy on the pk boosters, girls are looking great!
4DD= (Chem D x (Chem 4 x Chem ibl)
Will do, had my only ever pollination due to an overzealous feed early PK (read Fox Farms lineup starts before flower with open sesame then a couple of others, constantly boosting P insanely high while a moderately high in comparison kick of k... in soil) setting the new guy up for both insanely huge buds... Harsh smoke... And a lot of problems. Great system for tomatoes if your inexperienced. I have seen some pros killing it with FF too though, its aboit knowing what to do, when and how much.
Thanks for that information sounds like great stable genetics to work with...and riggt in the pocket of my favorite strains... Loving the Chem and OG craze. Had much in the OG realm lately going to try some chem line even though likely shares genes there is a beautiful distinction.

Back
Top Bottom