Peter Green's Microbial Soil: Cheese, 9 Pound Hammer & Sugar Candy, 2019

@Big Sparks So amped for this! The 9lb is smelling more fruity than the others. I'd say passion fruit/mango like :drool:When I'm in the room again, I'll stick my nose in deep and try to give a better discription for you :high-five: Here are some shots from this morning, day 34:

Cheese

Sugar Candy

9 Pound Hammer

Hi guys. So last night, before lights out, I top dressed some volcanic rock dust and mixed in a top layer of vermicompost soil before watering with liquid gold (beneficial microbes) and worm tea. I only fed about 1,1 lt water to each 20lt pot but that's about all I normally feed. I very seldom get runoff but I will aim for that in my next watering. From here on out I won't be adding anything to the soil, only ph'd water. My ph is about 6,4 - 6.8, I'll let you know about the runoff but I'll only water again in about 2 or 3 days. The pistols on the 9lb and the Sugar Candy have started turning brown a few days ago, looks as though the Cheese'll take a bit longer. The bud formation on all 3 are different. The 9lb has more tight, dense buds, the SC has fatter looking buds and less apart from each other than the 9lb. The Cheese is more similar to the SC in the sense that the buds look like they're winding around the stem (it just appears that way, I don't mean that they really wind around). The room is smelling great! I don't have an air purifier or whatever but I don't want nor need one :drool:I'm intrigued by the smell of the 9lb, it's super fruity. I can't stop smelling my fingers :laugh: Patiently counting down the days...

@Big Sparks I’ve stuck my nose in real deep and I can only still describe it as pineapple/mangoish maybe with a touch of lime :passitleft:
...Someone out there is going, “I know exactly what you mean”

@Big Sparks So amped for this! The 9lb is smelling more fruity than the others. I'd say passion fruit/mango like :drool:When I'm in the room again, I'll stick my nose in deep and try to give a better discription for you :high-five: Here are some shots from this morning, day 34:

Cheese
IMG_2440.JPG

Sugar Candy
IMG_2439.JPG

9 Pound Hammer
IMG_2438.JPG

You had me at passion fruit/mango! Plants
...Someone out there is going, “I know exactly what you mean”

*nods in agreement *
That would be me! Lol!

Hi guys. So last night, before lights out, I top dressed some volcanic rock dust and mixed in a top layer of vermicompost soil before watering with liquid gold (beneficial microbes) and worm tea. I only fed about 1,1 lt water to each 20lt pot but that's about all I normally feed. I very seldom get runoff but I will aim for that in my next watering. From here on out I won't be adding anything to the soil, only ph'd water. My ph is about 6,4 - 6.8, I'll let you know about the runoff but I'll only water again in about 2 or 3 days. The pistols on the 9lb and the Sugar Candy have started turning brown a few days ago, looks as though the Cheese'll take a bit longer. The bud formation on all 3 are different. The 9lb has more tight, dense buds, the SC has fatter looking buds and less apart from each other than the 9lb. The Cheese is more similar to the SC in the sense that the buds look like they're winding around the stem (it just appears that way, I don't mean that they really wind around). The room is smelling great! I don't have an air purifier or whatever but I don't want nor need one :drool:I'm intrigued by the smell of the 9lb, it's super fruity. I can't stop smelling my fingers :laugh: Patiently counting down the days...

Evening brother Green :bongrip: i'm sure they'll love the feeding you gave them. That liquid gold is a winner and my plants seem to love it and i don't think i'll be growing without it anytime soon.
I've been through quite a couple grows and i'm still not sure if flush is for me or not. I've always been an organic feeder so that may be why it has not effected the quality of my smoke badly - my bud comes out smooth and dank without a flush. I do believe if you were using synthetic nutes then it will be beneficial to flush. But just my opinion bro. When September comes i'll grow two seeds of the same strain side by side, flush & no flush and i'll know for sure after that. :headbanger:

Hi guys. Here are some pics to show the bud formation I’m talking about.

Cheese
2120BC04-56D1-4209-ADC2-F24C0E2A5591.jpeg

Sugar Candy
059A45E4-25CE-47FC-B041-F9EACB642A5D.jpeg

9 Pound Hammer
650638C8-04C2-4F20-A3FA-12F7D35EC752.jpeg

I may start to sound like a broken record player right 'bout now but damn it's looking sexy in there. So frosty and i can almost smell that granadilla/mango aroma you're describing all the way from here...:rofl::yummy:

Evening brother Green :bongrip: i'm sure they'll love the feeding you gave them. That liquid gold is a winner and my plants seem to love it and i don't think i'll be growing without it anytime soon.
I've been through quite a couple grows and i'm still not sure if flush is for me or not. I've always been an organic feeder so that may be why it has not effected the quality of my smoke badly - my bud comes out smooth and dank without a flush. I do believe if you were using synthetic nutes then it will be beneficial to flush. But just my opinion bro. When September comes i'll grow two seeds of the same strain side by side, flush & no flush and i'll know for sure after that. :headbanger:

I may start to sound like a broken record player right 'bout now but damn it's looking sexy in there. So frosty and i can almost smell that granadilla/mango aroma you're describing all the way from here...:rofl::yummy:

@irie lion
The right way to do that test would be by using clones from the same mother. That way you can get a true test.
Just my two cents..

I should’ve done an AB test during this grow because here are two of each strian, from the same mother. Looking back I think I really should’ve. One likes to believe that we know best and that an AB comparison would only leave you with one inferior plant :laugh: Yet, if we just do the damn AB, we’ll have more supurb grows in the future. Besides, it wouldn’t even take an entire grow to see if one of the plants prefer a specific nutrient or additive. ..maybe even only a few days. Ok, next grow, I’m using at least one plant to AB against.

I should’ve done an AB test during this grow because here are two of each strian, from the same mother. Looking back I think I really should’ve. One likes to believe that we know best and that an AB comparison would only leave you with one inferior plant :laugh: Yet, if we just do the damn AB, we’ll have more supurb grows in the future. Besides, it wouldn’t even take an entire grow to see if one of the plants prefer a specific nutrient or additive. ..maybe even only a few days. Ok, next grow, I’m using at least one plant to AB against.
Lol! I'll be watching.
:thumb:

@irie lion Ahoi bro :passitleft:Regarding the flush, I read something last night which said something along the lines of, during the final 3 weeks, by not feeding nutes, the plant doesn’t use that energy on taking up nutes and intead, uses the energy toward bud production.

Your plants are looking incredible, you can give yourself a pat on the back :bravo:
Gonna be a real dank harvest. How long do you think you'll still let them go?

Hey Lion. Thanks but it was nothing, really *blush* I recon another 2-3weeks should do them good. I think the Cheese may finish about a week after the others, it’s pistols started browning later. Not sure though, we’ll see. I couldn’t resist giving the plants one last feed, a 1/2 strength feed of parts B & MPK along with a little calmag. It doesn’t look like I’m gonna get a crazy yield but the quality does look top notch.

Hey Lion. Thanks but it was nothing, really *blush* I recon another 2-3weeks should do them good. I think the Cheese may finish about a week after the others, it’s pistols started browning later. Not sure though, we’ll see. I couldn’t resist giving the plants one last feed, a 1/2 strength feed of parts B & MPK along with a little calmag. It doesn’t look like I’m gonna get a crazy yield but the quality does look top notch.
Sweet same with my current grow, i am sure the cheese will finish last (it's got that extra sativa in it ;)). Nice bro. Quality over quantity always :bongrip:

Back
Top Bottom