Pennywise Strikes Again

It's not quit as cheap here in Canada but I will start looking.
Yeah... closest on Canada Tire is $350...
Screenshot_20200807-155043_Chrome.jpg

But..... it's a biggun!

What size plates are best and caged or not cage?
Depends on the press.

Pay attention to the "opening height" on the press you buy, in comparison to the actual height of the press plates

I had to modify my press to fit my plates...

From Amazon looks like dabpress plates are readily available. Bigger plates just means you can press more at a time?
.... or "have to" press more at a time...

Sometimes "big" plates are counter-productive if you're only trying to squish lil shit...

Too many quotes, so I'll just jump in an what not.

Here's the 10-Ton Driptech, Dabpress that I have.

Added the pump and pressure gauge.

10-dabpress-driptech.png

Pressing area is 3x5 (guessing that's the plate size, anyway.

I have several pre-press molds. A good, heavy one from dabtech (cylinder style, 30mm?), and two other knockoff ones. One that's rectangle, and wide, and the other is like 1.5in square or whatever.

Been using the dabpress cylinder one.

120 micron bag for flower, 37 micron for hash.

"bottletech" approach (as in cylinder smash like a can)

temp: 200 for flower, 160 for hash

pressure...

this may be the area of issue?

going by the amount of pressure recommended on the dabpress site, then using their formula for the 30mm pre-press size, it says that to hit their recommended pressure at the plates it needs to be XXXX on the pump gauge. It was something like 1500 on the gauge or whatever, and gauge goes up to 10,000.

I've tried it a bit higher on the gauge, and for longer, but seems it didn't do much other than make the rosin a lot darker (using more time.)

I don't really care about blowing out a bag. I'm not going to go through the hassle of cleaning them all out. lol

there's got to be some little something holding me back though. i mean c'mon... less than a 10% return on some excellent, full melt bubble hash? yeah, something is way off.

Too many quotes, so I'll just jump in an what not.

Here's the 10-Ton Driptech, Dabpress that I have.

Added the pump and pressure gauge.

10-dabpress-driptech.png

Pressing area is 3x5 (guessing that's the plate size, anyway.

I have several pre-press molds. A good, heavy one from dabtech (cylinder style, 30mm?), and two other knockoff ones. One that's rectangle, and wide, and the other is like 1.5in square or whatever.

Been using the dabpress cylinder one.

120 micron bag for flower, 37 micron for hash.

"bottletech" approach (as in cylinder smash like a can)

temp: 200 for flower, 160 for hash

pressure...

this may be the area of issue?

going by the amount of pressure recommended on the dabpress site, then using their formula for the 30mm pre-press size, it says that to hit their recommended pressure at the plates it needs to be XXXX on the pump gauge. It was something like 1500 on the gauge or whatever, and gauge goes up to 10,000.

I've tried it a bit higher on the gauge, and for longer, but seems it didn't do much other than make the rosin a lot darker (using more time.)

I don't really care about blowing out a bag. I'm not going to go through the hassle of cleaning them all out. lol

there's got to be some little something holding me back though. i mean c'mon... less than a 10% return on some excellent, full melt bubble hash? yeah, something is way off.
2020-08-07-16-59-10.jpg

Hold on to that wallet!

2020-08-07-16-59-10.jpg

Hold on to that wallet!

Yeah, it hurt a lot. Then the pump and gauge too. :rofl:

It's bad ass, but there’s a little something I missin with it. Not sure what though. I’ve read and read til my eyes bled, and watched videos until I was seein tracers.

I personally press at 90C (194F) 12 Ton HF 3x5 Plates and if your buds are the right moisture, you don't need a screen(squish them dry in your hand and see if they stick together or crackle if there too dry). I like screens for smaller airy buds or bubble hash Rosin, but for personal dabs, keep your rosin on your parchment and NOT in the Screen unless your doing production level product with strict protocols.

No Screen GG4

Back
Top Bottom