Pennywise Strikes Again

Geez what's the speed on this journal :rofl:

Missing a lot here but found the SCROG discussion interesting

My pressing yeild is hit and miss. I regret not getting caged plates. I need to build a cage for my plates

I’ve got a 10ton dabpress. The one with “drip tech” or whatever. Should be good to go, but something trivial is off.

Geez what's the speed on this journal :rofl:

It’s gone plaid.

I have 30 Solo's with seeds in them. 11 have surfaced. My goal is 24 healthy seedlings. I'll end up culling some out :D

I used to pop 2 for every 1 I wanted. Habit from other gardening. I stopped, and it may have finally bit me in the ass this time.

Pennywise...I think you mentioned wanting a sweet strain....Cali Connection Corleone Kush despite four phenos my last grow all are fruity candy sweet...thick solid buds too. Good if you like a potent indica with some variety.

you son of a .... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Mine has been kicking my ass. There’s some little, fine detail I’m missing somewhere. Talking with some local guys who also squish, so far we can’t figure it out. Either way, I smashed 15g of good bubble a week or two ago, and got back just over 1g. Not even 10%, and it should have been 60% or better. :(

Bottle tech, check. Temp (160), check. Pressure/time? Check.

I’ve been going by the dabpress “directions”, but returns are for shit. I get about average (10%) on cured flower, but that isn’t what I prefer to press.

Maybe the dabpress site is a bit off? Says to calculate your pressure at the plate by doing blah blah blah (math), and coming up with what you should read on the gauge. I think it may be too little pressure? Most people I see get it to the edge, just starting to press out the rosin, then start the timer and (slowly) increase to what looks like a good effort to apply more pressure.

Hell, I dunno. I’m gonna bug Grandpa in his squish thread later, maybe someone can figure out the weird quirk. If not, feck it. I’ll put it on craigslist and get a “source” extractor and a bottle of 200 proof. :rofl:

A buddy got a blasting rig recently, seems to do really well. Don’t really want to mess with butane though, makes me nervous I won’t get it fully purged.

I have no clue whenit comes to this stuff but I want to say I am interested in my own press. I am wondering if it can be built - the manual ones look easy enough. One would just need tofigure out how to apply heat. I was looking at the Pure Oressure Heix 5 ton but at 4K... I have better things I can spend 4k on =] Shopbvv.com may be of benefit - not that you need to buy a new one...

I have heard but have no idea if it is true that CO2 works just as well as butane and you don't have to purge. Try at your own risk =]

I'm always down to throw out a bit of advice on pressing....

The "rosin gurus" hate it, but I guarantee the "redneck style" will always out-perform their high-tech shit when it comes to yield.

Pre-press your puck in a pollen press, squish with no bag, at around 190°.

If your bud is good, you'll see 25-30% return.

:thumb:

I'm always down to throw out a bit of advice on pressing....

The "rosin gurus" hate it, but I guarantee the "redneck style" will always out-perform their high-tech shit when it comes to yield.

Pre-press your puck in a pollen press, squish with no bag, at around 190°.

If your bud is good, you'll see 25-30% return.

Honestly.... I'd be willing to bet, you can pull 20% return, on a bag of street "schwag" with this method.

Ppl are convinced that your rosin gets "muddy" if you press naked.... I've never seen it.

Bag or no bag.... same clarity.

20200807_143106.jpg

Worth it's weight in gold!

Back
Top Bottom