Pennywise Strikes Again

I really like it. It was real nice off the stem, but cured it was way way better. (Not the we all don't know that, of course.)

That first one was from BlimBurn, and they did a very nice job with it. However there is always the nostalgia for the original of anything. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Speaking of which, Mr Short has a drop coming up. Had some interesting things listed.

Somebody else was too, but can’t remember who/what. Piqued my interest at the time.

What was going on with them? Just not "great" as people say?

I've only grown one of his blueberry, from a gifted seed. It was alright though, but that doesn't mean anything. Some people put out decent enough plants with crap king genetics, but I wouldn't touch them with a 50ft pole.

Blueberry is one of my all time favorites... the only strain that I have grown that has come close to that flavor is Blue/OG from G13. What a treat, but that isn't a pure blueberry, but it did lean to the blue moonshine side of the genetics with a Kush punch to the face. I grew a blueberry clone many years ago and it turned out kind of like you said.. just OK and not really terpy like the stuff I bought from a friend over a decade ago(closer to 15 years ago). It tasted like blueberry muffins or something... it was out of this world flavor wise and that euphoria feeling is.....SO memorable.

I think a lot of strains advertise/emphasize flavor a little more than they actually wind up with most times. There may be 1/10 that does or whatever, but I'm disappointed too when I think it's going to be a certain way (and influences the purchase) and it isn't.

Blueberry is one of my all time favorites... the only strain that I have grown that has come close to that flavor is Blue/OG from G13. What a treat, but that isn't a pure blueberry, but it did lean to the blue moonshine side of the genetics with a Kush punch to the face. I grew a blueberry clone many years ago and it turned out kind of like you said.. just OK and not really terpy like the stuff I bought from a friend over a decade ago(closer to 15 years ago). It tasted like blueberry muffins or something... it was out of this world flavor wise and that euphoria feeling is.....SO memorable.

I have a G13 Strawberry Eclair running right now. Also have a pack of Blueberry Muffin from Humboldt that is "allegedly" pretty terpy. Then somewhere, can't remember exactly, someone swore up and down about Blueberry Bliss from Vision. It's an auto, but that don't bother me a bit. Can't remember whose journal the discussion was on, but it was similar in topic to what we're discussing now about flavor and strains.

Oh, while I'm thinking of it, the sample I had last night of the Deluxe Sugar Cane was less earthy than the night before. Still there, but not heavy like it was. Nice as it let the lemon shine through more, and it's really a nice lemon taste to it. Not sour, more sweet. And that's ok by me.

I think the earlier releases of DJ Blueberry had the berry terps but that’s been many years and new releases ago. I’m thinking you would need to run a few packs to find your blueberry terps

Sounds great. Who doesn't like a good pheno hunt for what should come from any/every seed in the pack that you know, made it "famous" and all. :rofl:

I'll know in January if the blueberry bliss hits it or not. Should be when the autos finish up. Later getting them going than I wanted, but the weather outside hasn't cooperated, and it was just too warm to get it fired off.

I know one thing... Ken's GDP is the the real GDP, I grew out a freebie GDP from Blimburn and it was piney and good smoke, but it's NOT the real deal and nowhere close to the Grand Daddy experience. This stuff will bring back Memories!

The last few pictures had better natural lighting, this camera is OLD.

I have a GDP clone that smelled amazing outside and I wasn't able to take the plant to full potential with the Outdoor season being TOUGH. This strain will always be one of the best smokes in the World(IMHO and many others). This strain dominated CA for SO long(One of Snoop Dog's favorite strains)... and still has a following that is undeniable.

Exactly, it's tough to match that grapey flavor and that powerful Royal Indica stone. This plant has it and I was unsuccessful revegging the plant unfortunately. I'm a little bummed it didn't flip back, I went 6-7 weeks and it just wouldn't switch, but that's my fault for not grabbing a clone or two. The other GDP pheno I grew is nice and fruity, but it's not close to what I'm looking for pheno wise. This clone I took from an Outdoor plant is promising, it dominated the smell of the garden in week 4-5 of bloom. Time will tell, she's bushing out nicely inside.

I have my eyes on Chem 91 lately, The Cali Connection looks legit, I know the TUDE is out of the Greenhouse Chemdog seeds currently. Back and forth on whether I should wait for Greenhouse or just run with CaliC which is pricey, but says it's the original Chem 91. I've always wanted a crack at the Pre-98 Bubba as well, One of my favorite kushes fur sure. I grew up in the 80's as a young kid and 90's as a teenager/young adult so the 90's Cannabis will always and forever be sacred to me. I remember going to a parking lot party at the Grateful Dead concert in 94(last one for Cal expo unfortunately, I am lucky to have experienced the DEAD) and it was just out of this world and wreaked of Skunk weed and Chemdog. Dollar beers, fire dance circles, glow in the dark BIG beach balls flying around(and so much more going ON) and of course... AMAZING music. My buddy at the time named his dog Sugar Magnolia so he is the one who introduced me to the Grateful Dead and now that I'm older... I am SO thankful for the experience. The only thing I knew about the Grateful Dead before I was introduced immensely with there music was that they had an MTV(X gen) video and that's IT. I hung out with older people since I've always been an old soul and the high school kids were still doing dumb ass shit we did in Junior High so I had my click away from school, and a small circle of friends my age. Anyway, thank you Cannabis for always being there for me and remembering old memories that make us the individuals we are today.

Back
Top Bottom