Outdoors IKLWA And Cherries Dubelee In MA

Highya SO,

I'm surprised about the 2 foot outdoor Cherries Dubilee and 12.5 oz. I guess it's just a short indica. I'm guessing you liked the smoke enough to grow some more this year. Glad to see Krissi back!! Makes 420 mag fun again!! I'm getting excited for you with the new grow, and new lights. Your old grows are so nice, it'll be hard to beat. Happy Smokin'
That 2 footer was in the SIP in the 3 x 3 and the first one I grew. You have/had a bag of her. These of yours and mine will be the first outdoors a Cherries DubeLee has lived. So far mine has a good start with no bug infestation and she has firm shiny leaves. And she's not dainty like the IKLWA! IKLWA is growing nicely and has the daintiest branches and leaves! She's a real cutie! Cherries DubeLee looks like a bodybuilder compared!

I will bet the IKLWA will go wild when the weather get really hot being it is from the hotter region . From what i have seen (pics.) the plant is massif in height anyway .
That's my thought Smokes! Now for some help from Mother Nature to test our theory!
Excellent earwax and happy plants! Off to the new journal two days late and at least $50 short. :surf:
Busy is good Shed! Great to see you around!

GETTING THEIR PRE STRETCH ON UPDATE

Hi all, good day to you! Yesterday these babies got to just over 3 feet tall for the Cherries DubeLee and just under 4 feet for IKLWA. They seem to be doing well in their rather sunless life. Still seeing very little of that, hours a week rather than a day so they're slow going. But healthy so all good.

So I lost my ingredients to mix some sts up, :rolleyes: the order came yesterday and I'll be on that today mixing so I can begin reversing sex on a branch on IKLWA and SURPRISE, the gorgeous male in the solo cup getting Geoflora wasn't a male afterall! It didn't show sex after the 10 day 12/12 light regimen earlier in the grow for sex reveal. I like a surprise! I put her in a 3 gallon plastic pot of used LOS soil and I'm feeding her Geoflora. I'll do the reversal on her, she's a perfect specimen I've been admiring for a while. Pic of her in a bit.
IKLWA
Cherries DubeLee
Have a great day!

Highya SO,

This grow season has been like no other. And yet, my plants look very well anyways (except for peppers). I love how the fans on the Cherries Dubelee are so fat! Very Indica. I have a Chunky Cherry Thai X wedding cake that has the fat leaves as well. Hoping for some very sedating product. My cherries Dubelee isn't as full as yours, but looking good. Happy Smokin'

Highya SO,

This grow season has been like no other. And yet, my plants look very well anyways (except for peppers). I love how the fans on the Cherries Dubelee are so fat! Very Indica. I have a Chunky Cherry Thai X wedding cake that has the fat leaves as well. Hoping for some very sedating product. My cherries Dubelee isn't as full as yours, but looking good. Happy Smokin'
For some reason they are Bode! Mine too! Not going to be 12 footers probably but it looks like they know what they're doing. Can't ask for more.
You grow stunners brother. Showroom condition.
Hah! I'd say I have it made in the shade but that's too close to the weather here! :) Man they'd be something with some sun on them!
What Lerugged said! ↓↓

And nice you've got a reversal candidate to round out the summer. :thumb:
I'm going to paint/spray both IKLWA and CDubeLee with the sts I mixed today, tomorrow. Just a branch of IKLWA and who knows with the one in the 3 gal pot. Maybe a few branches and I'll take it in and give it a room if it stays smallish when things develop.

SUPERCROPPED AND WAITING UPDATE

Hi all, I've been reading all around, and over in @Danishoes21 beautiful organic garden I noticed he supercrops his ladies instead of topping, getting the hormonal bennies and not the lost time for repair of a lost limb. And the lost limb. I decided to try it.
Here's IKLWA bent over right above a set of three beautiful nodes. Let's see where this leads us! Thanks Dan!
IKLWA got bent!

Hi all, I've been reading all around, and over in @Danishoes21 beautiful organic garden I noticed he supercrops his ladies instead of topping, getting the hormonal bennies and not the lost time for repair of a lost limb. And the lost limb. I decided to try it.
Here's IKLWA bent over right above a set of three beautiful nodes. Let's see where this leads us! Thanks Dan!
IKLWA got bent!
gonna try it too! thanks guys!

IKLWA got bent!
Looking great stone 👌🏼 after our discussion of not topping mature plants I think this is definitely the way to go.. once nodes start staggering you'd only be sacrificing a top to get a bushy plant instead of two main colas but this way you can get that same result without loosing a top by super cropping. I use this indoors too as it just makes sense 👍🏽

Highya SO,

Great idea. I'd like to see how she turns out. I read a report for July that says it'll get better after the 4th or 5th. We can hope! Everything is growing okay. Could be way better. We get what we get. Happy Smokin'

gonna try it too! thanks guys!
I used the technique once on an unruly plant in the tent just to get her to calm down and have her branches catch up to the canopy. It was a good compromise that time because that plant wasn't about to do anything I asked otherwise :) .
Looking great stone 👌🏼 after our discussion of not topping mature plants I think this is definitely the way to go.. once nodes start staggering you'd only be sacrificing a top to get a bushy plant instead of two main colas but this way you can get that same result without loosing a top by super cropping. I use this indoors too as it just makes sense 👍🏽
Yep, makes sense! I watered a minute ago, of course I had trouble and couldn't take a pic, but the wound is fine and she's healing up nicely facing up again! I'll get back out for a peek to share in a while. The node/nodes below isn't, but appears like a triple whatever that's called. I have a special place in my heart for those oddities! The mother(Wedding Cake) of the Cherries DubeLee was one and a real beauty!
Highya SO,

Great idea. I'd like to see how she turns out. I read a report for July that says it'll get better after the 4th or 5th. We can hope! Everything is growing okay. Could be way better. We get what we get. Happy Smokin'
That's the best news I've heard in a while Bode! We're going with the flow brother! I'm getting impressed with them and this lack of sun. They seem to have grown well in spite! @KeithLemon will like to hear that![/USER]
Supercropping? Never heard of it! :)

Supercropping can slow down growth during the knuckling, so quality LST might be a better idea for non-topped autos. No reason not to experiment though if you're in the mood!
Good morning Shed! Thanks! I was watching Danishoes in his garden and thought I'd give his method a shot on the sativa. I was surprised how easy this one was to crush in my fingers! She's fairly fragile up top there. I would have liked a less broken plant. She's facing up today so no big issue. I don't want to climb a ladder too if I can help it so there's that.
I'm letting the CDubeLee go natch to see what she does. I don't think she'll be a tower. Let's see.

IKLWA got bent!

I applaud and appreciate your bravery Stone.

Bending and snapping stems isn’t easy from a conventional growers point of view.

I’ve seen your plants, you grow healthy thriving plants, you should expect a 24 hrs relocation of the main you just bent.
Look for a hook like shape that’s the sign of the hormones acting, also to be expected the lower growth to “jump nodes”, the lowers will have a huge gap between nodes that’s the elongated growth pushed by Auxins to meet that Apical main at the same height.

Once you start pushing hormones the plant takes the successive bending and snapping like nothing. I find it hard to stop once I start this training. It helps me project the size to be of the plant. You can make them to have 30 main tops, or 50.

When you get the nasty never bending Apical main, that’s when you pull out the string and tie her down. The ultimate blast for the lower growth, after that they all become main with their own apical dominant gravity to them.

Tie down of the apical main.
E61A6108-ABCD-4C12-814C-D75D11D1027C.jpeg

Hook 🪝 effect on a recovered apical main 24 hrs after heavy bending and training.
6981255C-A155-4069-81A4-D436B9A2A94E.jpeg

Apical dominant main blasted on a flowering Auto.
D64462C9-3CCC-453F-AB46-5A5C9D56F435.jpeg

Hope this helps and encourages you to keep doing it.

All the best

:passitleft:

IKLWA got bent!
I’m liking your experimental approach. Dani gets some unbelievable results from his n I’m expecting you will also. This will be a fun 1 to watch. Same as Dani’s are. CL🍀. :popcorn: :ciao:

I applaud and appreciate your bravery Stone.

Bending and snapping stems isn’t easy from a conventional growers point of view.

I’ve seen your plants, you grow healthy thriving plants, you should expect a 24 hrs relocation of the main you just bent.
Look for a hook like shape that’s the sign of the hormones acting, also to be expected the lower growth to “jump nodes”, the lowers will have a huge gap between nodes that’s the elongated growth pushed by Auxins to meet that Apical main at the same height.

Once you start pushing hormones the plant takes the successive bending and snapping like nothing. I find it hard to stop once I start this training. It helps me project the size to be of the plant. You can make them to have 30 main tops, or 50.

When you get the nasty never bending Apical main, that’s when you pull out the string and tie her down. The ultimate blast for the lower growth, after that they all become main with their own apical dominant gravity to them.

Tie down of the apical main.
E61A6108-ABCD-4C12-814C-D75D11D1027C.jpeg

Hook 🪝 effect on a recovered apical main 24 hrs after heavy bending and training.
6981255C-A155-4069-81A4-D436B9A2A94E.jpeg

Apical dominant main blasted on a flowering Auto.
D64462C9-3CCC-453F-AB46-5A5C9D56F435.jpeg

Hope this helps and encourages you to keep doing it.

All the best

:passitleft:
Thanks Dan! She's made the hook already! Pic to come!
I’m liking your experimental approach. Dani gets some unbelievable results from his n I’m expecting you will also. This will be a fun 1 to watch. Same as Dani’s are. CL🍀. :popcorn: :ciao:
This will be good to watch having the one next to her unbent!

GETTING BENT UPDATE

Hi all, the supercrop worked as thought so far. She's healing the bend and is curling up to the sky again. There's a nice arc in her now! That should get hormones rolling since the old apical dominant point of this plant is no longer that. Let's see what happens!
IKLWA
And in the area of surprises we have the male that isn't! This one gave blurred indication after the 10 days of 12/12 to determine sex in the fast lane. Lately she's been popping pistols! I'm loving her structure! She'll go from the 3 gallon to a 5 to flower any day now.
Cherries DubeLee
Have a nice first of July!

Highya SO,

Lovely looking Cherries Dubelee! The side branching is really coming along! Mine is getting there now that the weather has warmed up, but no where's near to yours! But it has the fat leaves, though! Have a great Sunday, you and MRs. O, and a great 4th!! Happy Smokin'

Back
Top Bottom