Our Ongoing Grows

Just was looking back and seen this pic. It's one I always liked so I'm going to throw it back up for the hella it.
flower66.jpg

Keepem Green

Just was looking back and seen this pic. It's one I always liked so I'm going to throw it back up for the hella it.
flower66.jpg

Keepem Green

Wood, thanks for coming by my thread. Much appreciated. Ive been at the site since May I think and you are one of the most knowledgeable here. It be nice to have your expertise when needed.
I think it was captain Jacks brew that you say is a great ONE TIME spray for fall caterpillars? I wrote it down. I have some 2yr old Safer Cat. spray Im using up and its working, I just have to spray every 4-5 days because you can tell its gone already and I read where Safer has to actually hit the worm for it to work? I still have some Cat. damage but way less Im assuming.
Ok Wood, heres a question everyone shys away from and lets see if you can answer...... I was told a few yrs. ago to plant Marigolds with your plants to ward off fall caterpillars. Ok great, well I noticed at home depot that the marigolds attract a certain orange/red butterfly like crazy. I havent planted Marigolds but this year Ive noticed the same butterflys laying eggs on my plants, what gives? Ive never noticed these butterflys on my plants before and always thought the fall Cats were from white moths? Dude I got a pic.... Whats your thoughts on being told to plant the Marigolds and it attracting these bastards?
Ive learned so much this year from TRYING and EFFORT and $$$$ and this SITE and its GOOD PEOPLE!
Namaste
20160915_110029.jpg

I'm not sure about that one,,, but I'd guess that pretty colorful flowers wood attract them????????????????? Most of the caterpillars your going to get are called cabbage loopers. But all butterflies and moths lay eggs. If you look that up you'll see whats responsible for most infestations in the adult form. But is alot of different worms. I guess it is area sensitive type thing. I like the Captin Jacks Dead Bug Brew with Spinosad, one spray, one time, about the first of Sept., and worms are a thing of the past. It also works on alot of other pests, you can even use it as a drench to treat your soil for soilborne pests.
Rain Damn it.................. Keepem Green and Keepem Dry

A quick clip that might help,,
Marigolds – The marigold is probably the most well known plant for repelling insects. French marigolds repel whiteflies and kill bad nematodes. Mexican marigolds are said to offend a host of destructive insects and wild rabbits as well. If you choose marigolds for your garden they must be scented to work as a repellant. And while this plant drives away many bad bugs, it also attracts spider mites and snails.
Keepem Green

Ok seeing how I have afew new pic's I might as well post them. This is the plant that keeps on giving. It's the BWxBLT plant. Sorry bout the pic quality, rain and clouds with a 'patch' of sun here and there. But we harvested about a lb of top buds, and a shitload of secondary buds. So far she's filled 4 trays on the large dryer racks piled thick of my secondary product for whatever. You can still pick a 5-gallon bucket of popcorn off her.
IMG_79367.JPG
IMG_79356.JPG

Ok I also have a Flo going out there here's what she's doing;
IMG_79576.JPG
IMG_79407.JPG

They are in my nightmare of a greenhouse. I really wanted to doo a nice tight greenhouse this year. Had plans of a Scrog at 4' just for that Flo. But it is what it is. No bud rott,,,, sh knock on wood''''''''
Here's the nightmare;
IMG_79465.JPG

And we still have sideways 'Unknown' man these buds can use every minute. She's still under the patio with the buds pointing out. Miss J has been out thinning her inside braches and small buds. Anything to open her up to the fan and pray;
IMG_79554.JPG

And last, this one is crazy ass covered in trics. The pic sure doesn't do her justice. But when I cut a bud and get in with some light I'll get another. The leaves are rolled up covered with goodies around the buddage. I looked yesterday and had to put on my glasses. I seen all them crystals and thought I had Hemp Mites again...... Yikes. Pitt Bull;
IMG_79376.JPG

Well back to pulling small buds of the girls as needed, Keepem Green

Believe it or not,,, I did really well with them. Three heavy foggings with that Green Cleaner killed them off. I did have afew that were beyond help and were removed, but I'm shocked it worked this well. Isn't a mite one, least i can find', on these girls. I haven't tore up the buddage but I've been walking around everywhere ALOT lately looking at the secondary leaves and nothing. I got lucky, them bugs were a wildcard that snuck up on me. I know that atomizer really helped. If the spray didn't kill them, they got swept away in the hurricane force winds that followed. Now all I have to do is worry about rott or PM which I've found one patch so far on a harvest plant. Wasn't a 'great year' but I did manage to fill alot of empty storage containers. Could've been better, could've been worse. Keepem Green

I loves me some Pit Bull. Yours looks a little different than the ones I grew last year. Are you getting any purple out of her?

A quick clip that might help,,
Marigolds — The marigold is probably the most well known plant for repelling insects. French marigolds repel whiteflies and kill bad nematodes. Mexican marigolds are said to offend a host of destructive insects and wild rabbits as well. If you choose marigolds for your garden they must be scented to work as a repellant. And while this plant drives away many bad bugs, it also attracts spider mites and snails.
Keepem Green

So Im guessing the Jacks Brew is strong stuff and shouldent be smoked? So do it early? Also it must stay on the plant and kill the worm as it eats the bud? Not like Safer were I read it kills on contact only?
I like that its a drench too. Im a green horn and just found Azamax last year and because of its cost was thinking of maybe researching the difference with it and Neem oil. Im thinking Neem is less $$? But Im going to weigh all this as problems arise.
Just trying to perfect this craft!
Namaste

Captin Jacks is a systemic pesticide that is actually absorbed by a plant when applied to the leaves. So as caterpillars eat any leafage it kills them off. It takes like 3-4 weeks for it to cycle out and dissipate from the plant material. So it doesn't kill on contact really. While most horticultural oils suffocate or destroy the ability to reproduce. Neem is also a repellant. Keepem Green

After the rain sunday I havent seen too much worm damage and I havent sprayed again. I dont think I will. maybe the ones a month off I will.
Next year I want to throw something different at them maybe and I dont think its going to be Marigolds!
Namaste

Well got my replacement genetics today. I opted for single's, being as cheap as I am. But all will make nice additions to my seed jar. I did get afew of the super auto's for outdoors next year. rather than singles.
White Widow Auto XXL
Money Maker -3 seeds
Kushberry
Blue Dream
Flash Autoflowering Seeds Chaze Super Auto 3 seeds
Big Tooth
Wreckage
LSD
Cherry OG
Black D.O.G.
Mozzarella
Purple Orange CBD
Sage 'n' Sour
Rock Star Kush
Flash Autoflowering Seeds Number 1 3 seeds
Got my monies worth for sure. Keepem Green

I'm like a kid in a candy store when it comes to seeds. If I do it right, I get about 90% germination. Least that's the track record. Looking in my packet I see I didn't get the Cherry OG... Got a Saphire OG as replacement. Oh well shit happens..... Keepem Green

I gotta get a bigger seed stash box...... My overflowed. And I still plan on get more next month. I seen the sponsors here have change the freebies they offer. Works for me. As soon as I can justify another order, like finding a strain I wanna try, I'll reorder. One I've really wanted to try is Brothers Grimms C-99. I've heard stories about that one from way back, the Princess's daughter......... Well we have found a spot of mold on the Pit Bull and Miss Unknown too. Miss Unknown has been laying on her side since the rains started like 5 days ago. She has 2 fans on her, but I seen a tell tale brown spot on my way out of the green house. Walked straight up to a bud that was infected. Well she's harvested as I type. Not a sign of any on the Flo yet. The buddage on the Pit Bull, well it's abit thin, but she makes up for it with trichomes. She's loaded. Miss J was stripping acouple small branches and she came out of it with 'black' fingers. But we lost 4 top buds of her to mold..Tomarrow we cut down the Pitt Bull so we can take the main colas off the flo,, and we'll see if I can keep her going enough to get a second harvest off her. I'll have to rob the dehumdifiter from the flower room for a week or two. Good thing they has just started throwing out afew hairs. I got a problem with my 8-Ball Kush plants. Look like a phousphous deficeniices, leaves yellow then become necrodic or something. Guess I'll up the liquid kool bloom. She just started flowering. I put her in Oct 1st. Life is good. My son, who I haven't seen since he was 14, is bringing the grandkid up for a vist. Hope they don't mind the smell of weed, or haveing a redneck hang around all the time. Redneck,,, being me.................... Keepem Green

Back
Top Bottom