OTM's DIY Bubble Cloning & Sprouting 40 Year Old Seeds & Current RDWC Harvest

Thanks so much for these dank fridge harvest posts! I got my hands on a mini fridge just for my harvest. I had a small harvest last time and dried in paper bags but I like this open box concept! I'm going to do that also. Do you wash and dry your harvest first? And daaaaaaang those pics!! So nice OTM, I'm taking notes here.

Hey Newty!

I don't wash my buds, my grow area has filtered incoming air and is sealed to the rest of the room, no bugs around so I haven't needed to spray them and I try to vacuum & clean the area every couple of weeks if I can. I pick the stray shed hairs I find when doing the final trimming so the buds turn out pretty clean...at least when comparing them to the Mexican ditchweed filled with bug and bird shit we smoked back in the day!:rofl:

On my first run I started with the paper bags, it was a pain in the ass to try and turn them over inside the bags and keep them that way. I just lay a couple sheets of paper towel over the tops of the boxes and I think it serves the same propose.

You better start looking at the rummage sales, for sale ads and estate sales for a full size fridge, with all you have going your going to need a bigger fridge!:thumb:

Thanks, I'll be following suit. I bud washed last harvest because of #neemwars2017

I don't think I will bud wash this time unless things change. I also like a tidy room;)

And LOLOLOL my BF had a hard time accepting this mini fridge into the basement, I best not push my luck just yet! . I'm glad to know you have faith a lot can still go wrong .

Thanks, I'll be following suit. I bud washed last harvest because of #neemwars2017

I don't think I will bud wash this time unless things change. I also like a tidy room;)

And LOLOLOL my BF had a hard time accepting this mini fridge into the basement, I best not push my luck just yet! . I'm glad to know you have faith a lot can still go wrong .

Just wait until you ask him to clean out the garage so you can move your operation in there...that will raise his hairs!:thedoubletake::rofl:

I want to try this method also.

From the looks of it in about 8-9 weeks you will fill a large fridge...you may have to look at a commercial size!:kiss:

Once you dial in the temp its a matter of opening the door once or twice a day to bring down the RH...a outside monitor setup will be my next project so make room in your monitoring software for that!

I wish I had a fridge I could use. I have a 2'x2'x2' grow tent with a 4" exhaust and carbon filter. I hung two harvests in the tent, but wanted more control. I used a food dehydrator, without the heater engaged, the last two harvests. I haven't tried the low and slow, but the dehydrator worked a lot better then I expected. It's had a month or two to cure now and I can't tell any difference between the hung and the dehydrated.

I wish I had a fridge I could use. I have a 2’x2’x2’ grow tent with a 4” exhaust and carbon filter. I hung two harvests in the tent, but wanted more control. I used a food dehydrator, without the heater engaged, the last two harvests. I haven’t tried the low and slow, but the dehydrator worked a lot better then I expected. It’s had a month or two to cure now and I can’t tell any difference between the hung and the dehydrated.

The idea behind low and slow is to try and keep the terpenes contained in the resin glands, how much it does I am unsure of, it does keep the smells contained in the fridge as long as you don't open the door.:laughtwo:

When I jar mine up after I get the RH down to 65-70 range and start burping, I get a weedy alfalfa smell for the first week or so and then the weed smell starts to take over, as the cure and burping progresses, the smells get stronger and stronger so it must help contain it some because after curing a couple months you can really taste what you smell when you take that first hit.

It works well for me because I don't have to alter my veg or flower area and I can keep my beer cold at the same time!

When I jar mine up after I get the RH down to 65-70 range and start burping, I get a weedy alfalfa smell for the first week or so and then the weed smell starts to take over, as the cure and burping progresses, the smells get stronger and stronger so it must help contain it some because after curing a couple months you can really taste what you smell when you take that first hit.

When I hung dried, it it was the same. I'd hang it for 5-10 days then jar'd it up with 62% bovida packs it had the grass smell for a bit then slowly turned to goodness. The stuff from the dehydrator on the other hand didn't have any smell at all at first but then still developed the goodness over time. I put in in for 24 hours and it seemed way too dry, like I fucked up, but after a couple hours in the jar it moistened right back up so I put it back in for another 20 hours or so. The tents RH was 16% at the time so I just left it in jars alternating between open and closed for a couple days until to hit a steady 62%. Those buds look better, but I can't really tell the difference.

I think the theory is to get the water out as fast as possible so it takes less terepines with it. I guess exactly opposite of the fridge method with seemingly similar goals. Like I said though I can't really tell the difference. It does only take 2 days to go from plant to jar though which in my world is huge. Lol you'd need a much larger dehydrator then I got though.

I’m sold on low & slow too. The weed smells and tastes great, and dries well. I do like PW, paper bags, and daily I open the fridge and jostle around what’s in the bags.

I also line my fridge shelves with paper bags, and limit how much time I have it open, to prevent against condensation getting on anything. With a true frost free fridge this likely wouldn’t be a concern.

1-12-18 final Widow Clone Pictures;

I will begin the flush on the lone Widow clone tonight so I figured I better take some final pictures...it was a bright sunny day so I hauled her upstairs by the windows for a more natural light.

IMG_0018266.JPG

She is a shorty at a little over 41" compared to Hayley but has some nice tops

IMG_0025204.JPG

IMG_0031180.JPG

IMG_0040137.JPG

Next weekend will be another harvest round but should be a short one with only 1 plant...Hayley will then have company with her two sisters and 4 second generation Widow clones, I plan on keeping the Maui clones in the veg tent for now.

:thanks:;)

1-12-18 final Widow Clone Pictures;

I will begin the flush on the lone Widow clone tonight so I figured I better take some final pictures...it was a bright sunny day so I hauled her upstairs by the windows for a more natural light.

IMG_0018266.JPG

She is a shorty at a little over 41" compared to Hayley but has some nice tops

IMG_0025204.JPG

IMG_0031180.JPG

IMG_0040137.JPG

Next weekend will be another harvest round but should be a short one with only 1 plant...Hayley will then have company with her two sisters and 4 second generation Widow clones, I plan on keeping the Maui clones in the veg tent for now.

:thanks:;)
Lovin the mug shots haha

Back
Top Bottom