OTM's DIY Bubble Cloning & Sprouting 40 Year Old Seeds & Current RDWC Harvest

You really kept them 40 years??? WoW I'm 41 this makes me feel insignificant
I was looking at the bottle they are in!!! 1975.. I was born in October 76 shit man 70s weed my dad most probably smoked on that!!!! "Impressed"

You really kept them 40 years??? WoW I'm 41 this makes me feel insignificant

I am not going to take the credit for keeping them, that goes to my dear mother who passed a few years back, she was what I called an organized hoarder...when I left the nest she boxed up the things I left behind rather than toss them...I was a pleasant surprise when I found them last summer!

Welcome aboard Legend, I wish I was 41 again!:welcome:

I am not going to take the credit for keeping them, that goes to my dear mother who passed a few years back, she was what I called an organized hoarder...when I left the nest she boxed up the things I left behind rather than toss them...I was a pleasant surprise when I found them last summer!

Welcome aboard Legend, I wish I was 41 again!:welcome:
I managed to get my hands on some old school shoreline seeds. That's 80s would love to have them old beans haha. Old weed under new lights!!!
Goto respect your mam she sounded a diamond
Sorry for your loss

The smell is contained with the door closed but when you open it up, it about knocks you over and will quickly smell up the house, by moving it into the grow area which is pretty much sealed from the rest of the house and scrubbed with a carbon filter, I eliminated that problem.

And to add to that - you can pretty much write it off as a "normal" fridge once you've dried in it. I haven't dried a batch in mine for months and I still smell dankness when I open the door to get a drink!

And to add to that - you can pretty much write it off as a "normal" fridge once you've dried in it. I haven't dried a batch in mine for months and I still smell dankness when I open the door to get a drink!

That Dank Fridge.....

Yes, the smell does linger awhile, I scrubbed mine after the last harvest and it helped but there still was a hint that remained...the beer and pop don't seem to mind.:laughtwo:

I knew you'd appreciate this so I brought her by to share.

VE8B02251.jpg

:passitleft::yahoo::morenutes:

1-9-18 Harvest Update;

I started pulling the Purple Kush clone harvest out of the "Dank Fridge" :laughtwo: This is mostly popcorn and slightly larger buds from the lower branches;

1-9-18_003.JPG

There is still 2 beer flats in the fridge with the cola's and larger buds that may take another 2-3 days before they can go into the jars...I don't think a couple of them will fit into a quart jar with out snipping them down to size...they are too long.

1-9-18_007.JPG

1-9-18_011.JPG

These are much more "hairy" compared to my last round with the PK's, the stuff that I jarred is what I considered good to smoke buds when I was trimming, the fluff and the larf made its way in the freezer with the sugar leaves, and in a couple weeks I will again sort everything again putting the smallest of the smaller buds together for edible use, at that time I will get a final dry weight...pretty sure this run is a better producer.

The RH of the stuff that is jarred is between 65-70% and they will get burped at least once a day for the next 20-30 days...so far no real spectacular looking buds, but most of these are the bottom 2/3rds of the plants.

1-9-18_017.JPG

I took a hint from Scrogdawg and plucked a calyx off of Hayley and the White Widow clone and used my USB scope on its stand that came with it to check them out...much simpler this way...Thanks! SD! :adore:

White Widow clone

201801092124475571.jpg

Hayley

20180109212447557.jpg

The Widow is cloudy with spotty amber and Hayley is starting to show some cloudy trichs, I may start flushing the Widow starting next week which will be on par with the flower time of its mother. Hayley may have another month to go, and should be quite colorful as time goes on! :cheer:

:thanks::surf::popcorn::passitleft:

The USB scopes work great on the stands I find too. So much easier to view.

I'm eager to hear how the Purple Kush smokes as I have one from Crop King Seeds getting ready for the RDWC right now. I'm down to the last ounce of White Widow that I harvested last May so theres two of those going in as well.

Have you got any thoughts on the low and slow process as compared to hanging with a fan?

The USB scopes work great on the stands I find too. So much easier to view.

I'm eager to hear how the Purple Kush smokes as I have one from Crop King Seeds getting ready for the RDWC right now. I'm down to the last ounce of White Widow that I harvested last May so theres two of those going in as well.

Have you got any thoughts on the low and slow process as compared to hanging with a fan?

I really have nothing to compare it to other than old 70's grows where we hung the whole plant upside down in the attic with fans running...I do notice the buds have and seem to keep good moisture content without molding and don't break apart so easily. It works well for me because I can contain it away from sight and control the smell, plus I can keep my grow room a room for growing and not for drying.

A dedicated beer/pop fridge is a must, any food not in cans or jars will absorb the weed, and if you have a frost free fridge, empty out the freezer part because the smell creeps in there too!.

It took 8 days for the smaller stuff and today I will probably jar up the flat with the medium buds, tomorrow the large buds, so 10 days total for a 65-70% remaining moisture content and another 20-30 days of burping to keep it at around 62%.

My last Kush harvest give me a good daytime smoke, definitely a head stone but no couch lock, I could still function well and get things done...a bowl to start with and a couple hits every hour keeps me happy!:bongrip:

Thanks so much for these dank fridge harvest posts! I got my hands on a mini fridge just for my harvest. I had a small harvest last time and dried in paper bags but I like this open box concept! I'm going to do that also. Do you wash and dry your harvest first? And daaaaaaang those pics!! So nice OTM, I'm taking notes here.

Back
Top Bottom