OTM's DIY Bubble Cloning & Sprouting 40 Year Old Seeds & Current RDWC Harvest

The Donald needs to get rid of him, I personally think he is a Justice Dept. Deep State plant for the establishment and there to hide the misdeeds done from the past 30 years by the FBI, CIA, DEA, IRS, and every other alphabet agency...DC is nothing but a big career cesspool full of backstabbers...it needs big time draining!

That is my political rant for the day!:laughtwo::slide::passitleft:

OTM how is your low and slow refrigerator working out for you? What is humidity in it and how long do they stay in refrigerator? Your journal is great to watch! I remember the Maui!

Hi Jax, thank you and welcome! :welcome:

The temp in the fridge is around 40 degrees and the RH will start out in the high 60% range and slowly drop to around 35-40% as the buds cure, I quit using the paper bags and went to using case flats (the cardboard (4) 6 pack can cardboard case holders)

The fridge I have is self defrosting so it is circulating and exchanging the air inside, I "flip" the buds once a day so they get even air exposure and in 10-12 days I start putting them in jars outside the fridge for final cure starting with smallest buds first. The bigger "show" cola's will take up to 14 days if I don't break them down.

In the jars I continue to burp them once a day for the next 2-3 weeks. I start testing them with a RH meter in the jar for a hour until the RH is steady around 65% and then I add a 62% Boveda and keep burping once a week for the next month or so and after that every 2-3 weeks.

Personally I think it is a great way to start the cure process, having a dedicated fridge is key, you wouldn't want to do it in a fridge used daily with food or that is opened a lot, your food would smell like weedy alfalfa...all I have in there beside bud's is cans of beer or pop and jars of pickles or other condiments and the odor seems to attach itself to the containers. For this cure I moved my fridge into my grow area to keep the smell under control...it stunk up the whole basement on the last run! :laughtwo:

Nice pic of the nugs, the back built ones looked shorter for sure.

What are your thoughts on that process?

I did it on my last harvest only on select cola's and really had nothing to compare to, on this harvest the back-built buds seem to be a bit more dense, and if you look back at that picture of the harvested buds, you will see that the flat top ones seem to be fatter in the middle like it encouraged another spur of flowering when nipped.
I plan on doing it again on the next run with the Widow clones, two get nipped and two will be spared...I think it has some merit, how much is really hard to say at this point...I don't think it hurt anything.:smokin:

You have a great selection to play with in your grow, pick out a couple of the same strain and experiment like I did...hell, its only weeds!:laughtwo:

Great stuff OTM! Nice big nugs on that WW and wow what a long flower time, you weren't kidding!

Thanks Newty, I really think longer veg & flower will give better results...seems like the seed banks promote fast quick grows with big promises, back in the day my outdoor grows started in February and ended in October, the plants were 6-8 ft tall and no #lilladydicks!...more like #bigasshorsedicks :laughtwo:

As your nice grows progress and you build up your stock give a longer veg/flower a try, you are great at training them and they seem to respond well to the care you give them, start slow and add a couple weeks, then add a couple more on the next...I don't think you will be disappointed!:goodjob:

Thanks Newty, I really think longer veg & flower will give better results...seems like the seed banks promote fast quick grows with big promises, back in the day my outdoor grows started in February and ended in October, the plants were 6-8 ft tall and no #lilladydicks!...more like #bigasshorsedicks :laughtwo:

As your nice grows progress and you build up your stock give a longer veg/flower a try, you are great at training them and they seem to respond well to the care you give them, start slow and add a couple weeks, then add a couple more on the next...I don't think you will be disappointed!:goodjob:

Bahahahahahahaha .. nice morning laugh! Nice use of hashtags OTM.

I've been hearing to add a couple extra weeks to whatever the seed bank suggests. AMS says 8 weeks but I'll let them go 10-12 or whenever the trichs tell me. Thanks for the great advice. My dad does a 3 month Veg and 3 month flower so only grows every 6 months. I think like you said, once I get some in reserves I can do longer times and am all aboard that train;) Have a great day .

Nice adventure. Thanks and best of luck with your plan. I remember all those strains.

Thank you for checking out the adventure CS :welcome:
It has been a lot of fun and has brought back a lot of memories of the good old days. The real benefit has been meeting and exchanging idea's with great people all over the world in a very short time with the same passion!

Don't mean to harp on the refrigerator but does it smell with the door closed?

Thanks a lot!

The smell is contained with the door closed but when you open it up, it about knocks you over and will quickly smell up the house, by moving it into the grow area which is pretty much sealed from the rest of the house and scrubbed with a carbon filter, I eliminated that problem.

You really kept them 40 years??? WoW I'm 41 this makes me feel insignificant

Back
Top Bottom