OMM's Social Network Grow

I was going to say Ron Paul 2016, but you already did :)

I like oatmeal in my banana peanut butter yogurt chocolate coffee smoothies, but only uncooked whole old fashioned oats.

We once tried to blend sushi- I do not recommend it. Raw tuna, wasabi, shoyu (soy sauce), and avocado was not cool, as good as those things are on rice.

Congrats on the LED's and harvest, but bummer the trimmer didn't work out the way you thought. I think you're right, just wait a little longer...

Check out my weight reports and new journal when you get the chance.
:surf:

Actually that sounds really good... I know you're probably just kidding me, but, really, it does sound nice and rich and filling.

A Trimmer Test

The Trimmer.

giinder.JPG

blades.jpg

Filled with White Widow....which was harvested today

leaves9.JPG

White Widow after using the Trimmer.

ww341.JPG

The NYCD after trim

nycd47.JPG

Wet weight of the White Widow 34 grams

Wet weight of the NYCD 47 grams.

So my thoughts on the Trimmer.

My over all opinion was it was wasteful. (Sorry CF) I'm an old time trimmer and I am sure I would have ended up with few more grams on each strain. The NYCD turned out to have pretty nice nugs with the Trimmer. I think the reason for it was the plant hung for 24 hours before being trimmed. Next time I will do the hang dry until the stems snap. Them use the trimmer.

The White Widow was harvested today and was wet. The Trimmer did a bad job and I got ugly ruff nugs.

Now then the trim. After each plant was trimmed, THsea and I had to fish through the bowl of trim for popcorn buds. That took about 30 minutes for each plant.

Trimming a whole plant was over all quicker than it would normally take, so that part was good. In my opinion it was not worth the price. I felt that I lost a few grams I shouldn't have.

If you have a ton of buds to clean the Trimmer will save you allot of time. If you do have a ton of buds to Trim then the waste would probably not matter to you anyway.

I will continue to use the Trimmer and I hope I find how to use it better.

Another thing I did not like was that once the buds were trimmed, they were still wet and I had to dry them in a paper bag. Since they were already trimmed, I could not hang them to dry. As soon as they are dry enough, they will be put in jars to be burped until they reach that magic number 67% humidity for the long cure. I think I'll buy some hanging clothes holders and do the drying on them from now on.

Maybe I'm resistant to change. Hand trimmed buds still rock in my mind.
:high-five:

That machine looks industrial, I think it takes away the pleasure of touching your babies, inspecting them closely, trimming them lovingly, caressing them, smelling them, and getting to know them. I just walked into my room, it smells like a fruity heaven for first time in there, excitement of a 1st timer I guess. Thanks for sharing/grace:thumb:

That machine looks industrial, I think it takes away the pleasure of touching your babies, inspecting them closely, trimming them lovingly, caressing them, smelling them, and getting to know them. I just walked into my room, it smells like a fruity heaven for first time in there, excitement of a 1st timer I guess. Thanks for sharing/grace:thumb:

The love of the grow is quickly diminished by a 4-6 hour trimming job.

you make it sound like your cleaning a hundred fish. I have to side with grace the fun of trimming makes all those days waiting a worthy task. unless your doing pounds and pounds then maybe that cotton gin thingy might be the ticket:)

I don't know if I would like a trimmer and that thing looks like something out a horror movie with those blades. I think I would prefer scissors.

you make it sound like your cleaning a hundred fish. I have to side with grace the fun of trimming makes all those days waiting a worthy task. unless your doing pounds and pounds then maybe that cotton gin thingy might be the ticket:)

I don't know if I would like a trimmer and that thing looks like something out a horror movie with those blades. I think I would prefer scissors.

Arthritis, 2-3 hours trimming last harvest, and back spasms every time I reach for another stem to trim, make me wish I could afford one of these.

Hey Buddy.....you may be right! Does yours make allot of noise? This one does. :smokin:

Bring your own bag, come to think of it, none of my vapes will fill a bag. We might have to just sample them all! :party:

I have a 5 gallon garbage bag attached to a scuba mask! One fill up and that is all I need!! Then well hit Sandy Beach with our boogie boards!!

Mine does not make any unusual noise. I think you should hear the metal blade turning but that is it. What kind of noise are you hearing? Is it a grinding noise?

I just used mine as is with the original blade. It only needs one small blade to work. I wouldn't use the serrated blade.
:circle-of-love::high-five:

and if you time it rite its something to do when your sick of watching the browns:)
The love of the grow is the grow, and tasting your finished product, as much as you can save. And a little bit of bud and some wine helps, just my opinion/grace

I totally agree! I hate trimming. I can't stand getting all that sticky resin on my trimmers and fingers. I find it awkward to wear gloves and trim. I have actually let plants go too long before because of my dread of trimming them by hand! LoL!!

aint you boys got no freinds?
I totally agree! I hate trimming. I can't stand getting all that sticky resin on my trimmers and fingers. I find it awkward to wear gloves and trim. I have actually let plants go too long before because of my dread of trimming them by hand! LoL!!

What is even more scary is Edward Scissor Hands!!! He creeps me out!!! This is more like a contraption out of Saw!! As long as you read the instructions and don't get it angry you survive with killer buds and no sticky fingers!!!
:circle-of-love:

lol edward scissorhands wasnt scary he was just misunderstood =]

i'll stick with the hand method, nothing wrong with taking breaks and having someone to help is always good!

I never get sick of Johnny Depp, he's my man, love his movies, especially Edward scissorhands, he can trim me anytime.:high-five: I mean help me trim. Hey, do the blades on that machine get sticky with resin, or the sides of the machine? Is it hard to clean?

lol edward scissorhands wasnt scary he was just misunderstood =]

i'll stick with the hand method, nothing wrong with taking breaks and having someone to help is always good!

He was misunderstood! Definatetly was a lady magnate!!

I never get sick of Johnny Depp, he's my man, love his movies, especially Edward scissorhands, he can trim me anytime.:high-five: I mean help me trim. Hey, do the blades on that machine get sticky with resin, or the sides of the machine? Is it hard to clean?

Ha!! He can trim me too!! LoL!! Just be carefull around my sack!! :rofl:

Hi Grace. It is industrial.
You put the whole thing in persecutive. That's the point of view I like too....up close and personal. They are our babies. Sometimes we forget to smell the roses. :thanks:

Not to me.....little Ice Tea..some rock and Roll....sharp scissors....and away I go trimming till they are done. With a smile on my face.:love:

Back
Top Bottom