OMM's Social Network Grow

Hey there Buddy! I can't believe I missed a whole page on your journal. Those are some really nice LED lights you have there! I am excited to see how well they work for you in flower.

Did you get to use your trimmer. If so how did it work?
:bravo:

Hey there Buddy! I can't believe I missed a whole page on your journal. Those are some really nice LED lights you have there! I am excited to see how well they work for you in flower.

Did you get to use your trimmer. If so how did it work?
:bravo:

Hi CF. :thumb:

We are even then....I missed your new journal badly! Sorry..been busy around here, Just now unpacked the trimmer.
They sure give you a lot of blades. I think I will use it as it comes first....THsea should be here soon and we will try it out. Me too on the LEDs.....we have stuff to do on the tent before they go in. We are going to be busy.
Good Busy!
:high-five:

Hi CF. :thumb:

We are even then....I missed your new journal badly! Sorry..been busy around here, Just now unpacked the trimmer.
They sure give you a lot of blades. I think I will use it as it comes first....THsea should be here soon and we will try it out. Me too on the LEDs.....we have stuff to do on the tent before they go in. We are going to be busy.
Good Busy!

They sure do give you a lot of blades! I still have the original blade in after trimming 7 plants. I think the most important thing is to make sure the wing nut is tight so the blade hugs the bottom as tight as possible. I don't know what the serated blade would ever be used for.
Those are nice lights. I can't wait to see how they work in your tent!!

:circle-of-love:

had to get through a few pages whew
ok great job on the nycd:thumb:
im gonna give mine another week or 2
medi bomb is gonna be chopped this weekend tho
again great job on the diesel OMM
oh yea nice lights too

A Trimmer Test

The Trimmer.

giinder.JPG

blades.jpg

Filled with White Widow....which was harvested today

leaves9.JPG

White Widow after using the Trimmer.

ww341.JPG

The NYCD after trim

nycd47.JPG

Wet weight of the White Widow 34 grams

Wet weight of the NYCD 47 grams.

So my thoughts on the Trimmer.

My over all opinion was it was wasteful. (Sorry CF) I'm an old time trimmer and I am sure I would have ended up with few more grams on each strain. The NYCD turned out to have pretty nice nugs with the Trimmer. I think the reason for it was the plant hung for 24 hours before being trimmed. Next time I will do the hang dry until the stems snap. Them use the trimmer.

The White Widow was harvested today and was wet. The Trimmer did a bad job and I got ugly ruff nugs.

Now then the trim. After each plant was trimmed, THsea and I had to fish through the bowl of trim for popcorn buds. That took about 30 minutes for each plant.

Trimming a whole plant was over all quicker than it would normally take, so that part was good. In my opinion it was not worth the price. I felt that I lost a few grams I shouldn't have.

If you have a ton of buds to clean the Trimmer will save you allot of time. If you do have a ton of buds to Trim then the waste would probably not matter to you anyway.

I will continue to use the Trimmer and I hope I find how to use it better.

Another thing I did not like was that once the buds were trimmed, they were still wet and I had to dry them in a paper bag. Since they were already trimmed, I could not hang them to dry. As soon as they are dry enough, they will be put in jars to be burped until they reach that magic number 67% humidity for the long cure. I think I'll buy some hanging clothes holders and do the drying on them from now on.

Maybe I'm resistant to change. Hand trimmed buds still rock in my mind.

had to get through a few pages whew
ok great job on the nycd:thumb:
im gonna give mine another week or 2
medi bomb is gonna be chopped this weekend tho
again great job on the diesel OMM
oh yea nice lights too

Thanks Cronic. :thanks:

The NYCD was a real beauty to grow. It was vigorous too. Was surprised she finished so quickly too.

Got one more coming up and she's a beauty too. The WW came down today.

Glad you like the lights. While looking at them today, I think they will be much better than I thought. More on that when I check them out better.
:Namaste:

Well, you know, thinking has always been something I like to do. I think thinking is the best thing to think about. I think if you think about it, with thought, thinking can be thought of as something requiring thought. Y'know, as an afterthought, I think thinking is the thought of thought. Don't you think? Does that answer your question? I think it does.

As a great man once said, "...what a waste it is to lose one's mind or not to have a mind is being very wasteful."

Say what ? That is hard to think about, I think!:popcorn:

wow OMM I think that there wacky contraption looks like it could make acres of cole slaw. is that the bassamatic3000? seems like it would take some of the fun out of holding each nug. :)I think a pair of sissors and a fatty will be just fine for me thanx. nice buds tho.maybe with those new fangeld lights you got there your next grow will be so huge that it will justify that there thing(Ihope):circle-of-love:

Hey There Buddy! I am sorry that you don't like the trimmer. I don't know why the buds are not as trimmed as you would like. You might end up with a few more grams if I hand trim too but I actually don't mind the extra trim for cooking and hash making. I absolutely love that trimmer. When I come over I am going to see if there is a difference in the way you use it compared to me! Really feel bad that it didn't do the job for you. I guess you cannot count on me for giving good advise 100% of the time. Just 99.9% of the time!!
Maybe waiting a day then trimming is not a good idea. I have always used that trimmer as soon as the plant is chopped. I get a lot of popcorn bud and I have never noticed it fall through the screen. If you do use it again. Try it as soon as you pull the plant.

Hey X, I had some topped plants that were well over 2 ft tall in those little Air-Cells on my last grow . . . I broke down and transplanted them into 3 liter Air-Pots halfway through flower

For Vapedogg223 and OldMedMan - If and when you've transplanted from a small, say, Air-Cell into a bigger Air-Pot, did you notice any new lateral root growth at harvest?

What I mean is that for the first 145mm of the root system (the height of the Air-Cell) the primary lateral roots are intentionally dessicated and truncated, spawning new root growth and preventing the root-bound business. Then you transplant into a 3L Air-Pot that's 90mm taller so you get new root development down south, but what about the initial portion of the root system? Does it take off again with the increased volume of soil?

Thanks for reading and nice to meet you.

This fall I am voting only for politicians that are for personal freedom. Personal Freedom is what this Country was founded on. Any candidate that realizes this has my vote!
I wish one of the Presidential nomonies realized this.

I was going to say Ron Paul 2016, but you already did :)

Hey, OMM, glad that ensure is working for you. I broke my jaw when I was a kid, and they made my drink that stuff...(shudders) I couldn't stand the consistency. Well, anyway, mt family one night ordered pizza while my mouth was wired... I got pissed, then got out the blender, added about a cup of marinara, and walked over to the table and YANKED two slices of pizza out of the box and slammed it in the blender and mashed "frappe". I was trying to be an asshole by making them sorry for me having to drink everything I consumed, but you know what? It was actually better than I thought it'd be... quite tasty, actually. After that I started experimenting with different foods in the blender with their accompanying sauces. It's amazing what actually works! Peanut butter and jelly, pizza, STEAK, if you can believe it! I even did Breast of chicken, a buttered biscuit, and some chicken broth... CHICKEN AND DUMPLINGS!

I tried oatmeal... don't try that one; I wouldn't suggest it. But bananas, Half and Half, a store bought sponge cake (the little round ones for strawberry shortcake), and a bit of honey... You know, I still do that one. You should try it. I actually GAINED 20lbs on a liquid diet over six months. Do you know how hard it is is to gain weight for a 14 y.o. that doesn't know how to sit down for 10 minutes?

People cringe at the thought of pureed food, but when that's the only thing you can get down...

I like oatmeal in my banana peanut butter yogurt chocolate coffee smoothies, but only uncooked whole old fashioned oats.

We once tried to blend sushi- I do not recommend it. Raw tuna, wasabi, shoyu (soy sauce), and avocado was not cool, as good as those things are on rice.

Congrats on the LED's and harvest, but bummer the trimmer didn't work out the way you thought. I think you're right, just wait a little longer...

Check out my weight reports and new journal when you get the chance.
:surf:

wow OMM I think that there wacky contraption looks like it could make acres of cole slaw. is that the bassamatic3000? seems like it would take some of the fun out of holding each nug. :)I think a pair of sissors and a fatty will be just fine for me thanx. nice buds tho.maybe with those new fangeld lights you got there your next grow will be so huge that it will justify that there thing(Ihope):circle-of-love:

Hey There fish cake. There is no doubt it could make acres of cole slaw and more. :high-five:
The Bassamatic of Salad. The trimmer is actually built like a rock. It will last a long time. I think CF will fine tune it when he comes out.
:thumb:

Maybe that's it, I love to trim up close and personnel. Hope your right about the lights...then I wouldn't care! :yahoo:

Hey There Buddy! I am sorry that you don't like the trimmer. I don't know why the buds are not as trimmed as you would like. You might end up with a few more grams if I hand trim too but I actually don't mind the extra trim for cooking and hash making. I absolutely love that trimmer. When I come over I am going to see if there is a difference in the way you use it compared to me! Really feel bad that it didn't do the job for you. I guess you cannot count on me for giving good advise 100% of the time. Just 99.9% of the time!!
Maybe waiting a day then trimming is not a good idea. I have always used that trimmer as soon as the plant is chopped. I get a lot of popcorn bud and I have never noticed it fall through the screen. If you do use it again. Try it as soon as you pull the plant.

The White Widow was chopped and trimmed immediately. To me it did the worse at that point The buds were just not good. They were all over the place. We pre-trimmed the NYCD and it did come out looking good, but that kind of defeated the purpose to me. You'll probably come out, touch a few things and it will work perfectly. :love:

For Vapedogg223 and OldMedMan - If and when you've transplanted from a small, say, Air-Cell into a bigger Air-Pot, did you notice any new lateral root growth at harvest?

What I mean is that for the first 145mm of the root system (the height of the Air-Cell) the primary lateral roots are intentionally dessicated and truncated, spawning new root growth and preventing the root-bound business. Then you transplant into a 3L Air-Pot that's 90mm taller so you get new root development down south, but what about the initial portion of the root system? Does it take off again with the increased volume of soil?

Thanks for reading and nice to meet you.

Nice meeting you too HighWaterMark !:thumb:
My own experience is a yes. They take right off....laterally no problem. I've grown so used to them, I only look at the roots maybe 1 of 4 pots now, unless something turned out really bad.

Myself and one other guy started using AirPots on the same day years ago. We were the first and I still use them. Probably always will.
:yummy:

I was going to say Ron Paul 2016, but you already did :)

I like oatmeal in my banana peanut butter yogurt chocolate coffee smoothies, but only uncooked whole old fashioned oats.

We once tried to blend sushi- I do not recommend it. Raw tuna, wasabi, shoyu (soy sauce), and avocado was not cool, as good as those things are on rice.

Congrats on the LED's and harvest, but bummer the trimmer didn't work out the way you thought. I think you're right, just wait a little longer...

Check out my weight reports and new journal when you get the chance.
:surf:

Sorry, I'm falling behind...too much to do right now....however.....I don't want to miss anything you do, I'm headed your way! :Namaste:

The White Widow was chopped and trimmed immediately. To me it did the worse at that point The buds were just not good. They were all over the place. We pre-trimmed the NYCD and it did come out looking good, but that kind of defeated the purpose to me. You'll probably come out, touch a few things and it will work perfectly. :love:

That is interesting. All the finnished bud photos I have and the one I entered for BOTM were trimmed by that machine and I didn't have to even touch them with a trimmer except to cut them off the stalk. You should not have to pretrim at all. Keep the reciept because there could be something wrong with it.

I will check it out when I come out. My fee is a vape bag of your finest weed!!

That is interesting. All the finnished bud photos I have and the one I entered for BOTM were trimmed by that machine and I didn't have to even touch them with a trimmer except to cut them off the stalk. You should not have to pretrim at all. Keep the reciept because there could be something wrong with it.

I will check it out when I come out. My fee is a vape bag of your finest weed!!

Hey Buddy.....you may be right! Does yours make allot of noise? This one does. :smokin:

Bring your own bag, come to think of it, none of my vapes will fill a bag. We might have to just sample them all! :party:

You can please all of the people some of the time
OR, Some of the people all of the time.
BUT, never all of the people all of the time.

Back
Top Bottom