OldMedMan's First Grow Couchlock 2009

Know if you can make the jump to Win 7 directly from XP?

I don't know (just realized what you actually asked), I went and read all the descriptions of the upgrades and none of them tell you upgrade from what?
So damned if I know.:smokin:

That is a crazy story, that would of scared the crap out of me also. Not sure what I would have done. Sorry that happened, crazy world we live in. Glad he did not see the plants, thats one positive..

That is a crazy story, that would of scared the crap out of me also. Not sure what I would have done. Sorry that happened, crazy world we live in. Glad he did not see the plants, thats one positive..

I always thought someone coming in the yard would be after the girls. I was mentally ready for that. I knew they would run once they realized that they we tied down. Ya never know what's really gonna happen :ganjamon:

I had the same thing happen to us in Florida, it was in the early evening when I heard someone open the screen door to my patio which is on the ground floor like yours, and some drunk guy was starting to open the slider when I grabbed the door handle and shut it back closed and locked it.

He looked at me like I was crazy and wanted to get in. I walked out of the front door and around the side to find him still trying to open the slider and now he was banging against the glass.

My wife had just gotten back from the hosp. after having our son and that is why my parental or guardian instinct kicked in, I was so full of adrenaline that I grabbed him from his collar and spun him 180 off my patio. He was just a mess screwed up drunk so I asked him where he lived and he pointed to my door.

All of the apt. looked the same so I figured out he was just a drunk neighbor that was confused. I walked him to the next building and saw a few more drunk guys there so I turned him over to his partners and that was that. He was just lucky he didn't make it in the apt. or he would have been in serious trouble.

So ya, I can see how you would be surprised to see a stranger at your place. Just glad you are fine and the girls were OK.:smokin:

Take care my friend, if you need me to fly over and camp out in the backyard with all of your ex's I think I can make up a good lie.:rollit:

Hey Buddy I know what you mean. My ahhhh Download computer went down on Sunday night. New MB in now and stetting it up now.
I ditched Vista long ago. Still running XP. Will probably go to Win7 soon as service pack 1 comes out. First bugs will worked out my then. Tried the Beta and loved it.

Yes, the vape is well made, main thing for me is it works:Rasta:

The girls or still looking good. Thanks:peace:

My problem was OS related and I should have just upgraded to 7 but need to clean up too many files first so I just fixed this load. I was planning to reload XPpro and might yet, but I've heard good things about 7.
Thanks for the vape report, I'm pretty much decided on that model.

You certainly had an exciting night. Luckily the drunk went away without any need for the cops, never a good thing to get them involved. I keep a 4 foot length of ash standing right beside my door to ring any bells that need to be rung.
Too bad about your gate but it could have been a lot worse. I'm glad that you and your girls didn't get more than a little adrenaline rush out of the encounter.

I had the same thing happen to us in Florida, it was in the early evening when I heard someone open the screen door to my patio which is on the ground floor like yours, and some drunk guy was starting to open the slider when I grabbed the door handle and shut it back closed and locked it.

He looked at me like I was crazy and wanted to get in. I walked out of the front door and around the side to find him still trying to open the slider and now he was banging against the glass.

My wife had just gotten back from the hosp. after having our son and that is why my parental or guardian instinct kicked in, I was so full of adrenaline that I grabbed him from his collar and spun him 180 off my patio. He was just a mess screwed up drunk so I asked him where he lived and he pointed to my door.

All of the apt. looked the same so I figured out he was just a drunk neighbor that was confused. I walked him to the next building and saw a few more drunk guys there so I turned him over to his partners and that was that. He was just lucky he didn't make it in the apt. or he would have been in serious trouble.

So ya, I can see how you would be surprised to see a stranger at your place. Just glad you are fine and the girls were OK.:smokin:

Take care my friend, if you need me to fly over and camp out in the backyard with all of your ex's I think I can make up a good lie.:rollit:

WoW sisco:grinjoint:
You've had you've had your share too. Damn drunks.:smokin:
If it gets worse expect a call.:ganjamon:

My problem was OS related and I should have just upgraded to 7 but need to clean up too many files first so I just fixed this load. I was planning to reload XPpro and might yet, but I've heard good things about 7.
Thanks for the vape report, I'm pretty much decided on that model.

You certainly had an exciting night. Luckily the drunk went away without any need for the cops, never a good thing to get them involved. I keep a 4 foot length of ash standing right beside my door to ring any bells that need to be rung.
Too bad about your gate but it could have been a lot worse. I'm glad that you and your girls didn't get more than a little adrenaline rush out of the encounter.

Hi Buddy:surf:

The vape is easy to use you'll like it.

Yep, didn't want any cops involved, I'm legal but then they would know.
I really didn't want to hit the guy with my baseball bat. Round here if you protect your property and hurt someone you are the one in trouble. Damn laws are crazy.

Your right I'm lucky, the gate can be fixed.
All is normal on the OMM front :cheer:

Sorry, I forgot to comment on win7. I loved the beta copy I had. However I will wait until Win7 comes out with the fist service pack built in. They will have fixed most of the problems, if there are any by then.

OldMedMan's rules of compuing:
1. Never buy a new CPU before it has been in use for 6 months.
2. Never buy an operating System untill service pack 1 comes out.
3. Never buy Vista.

C ya:grinjoint:

Hey there over there OMM.. FFOF was having too many problems, went to use Pro Mix as a base only. Now I am on Sunshine mix 3, again using this with 25% added perlite, for starts. Occasionly i use a 7 gallon bucket,most 99% of my gardens are in the ground or raised beds 3-4 feet deep, I only use a small 8-12 inch layer on top for the sunshine mix 3.
Mahalos..

Hey there over there OMM.. FFOF was having too many problems, went to use Pro Mix as a base only. Now I am on Sunshine mix 3, again using this with 25% added perlite, for starts. Occasionly i use a 7 gallon bucket,most 99% of my gardens are in the ground or raised beds 3-4 feet deep, I only use a small 8-12 inch layer on top for the sunshine mix 3.
Mahalos..

Aloha Cherma Thanks, that helps allot. Sounds like you grow giants.
Yea FFOF just wasn't right for me. Too many problems like you said.
Mahalos....

Well hell OMM, after your experince it's certainly clear to me why our beloved MJ is the evil drug poisoning our nation, and why booze is the accepted legal drug of choice for our brain dead society. Man, don't even get me started.

Had my share of run in's with mean drunks. One time about 15 years ago I was working in my garage, doing some wood working, when all of a sudden this young thing runs in, crying, asking for help from her boyfriend. I knew the young lady from the condo's we were living in, I surfed with her roomate. She had been beaten up, and as I tried to comfort her best as I could, this drunk asshole rounds the corner. He and I have words, then he starts coming at me. Wrong move. I cold cocked his sorry ass with 2'X4' piece of Cocobola wood I was working with. When the cops showed up I thought I was going to be in deep kim chee for assault, hell, the cops wound up thanking me for doing what they couldn't as they hauled his ass off to the hospital, then jail:slide:

I don't have a bat, but I do keep one of my son's samuri swords next to the front door.

On the bright side, at least the the idiot didn't fall over on Joanne.

Your computer rules are spot on. My past life delt mainly with telecom eng aps, both voice, and data, but I did run a large scale data center for Toshiba, and had to practice similar rules with IBM SW upgrades. I miss those headaches like I miss sales reps.

Well hell OMM, after your experince it's certainly clear to me why our beloved MJ is the evil drug poisoning our nation, and why booze is the accepted legal drug of choice for our brain dead society. Man, don't even get me started.

Had my share of run in's with mean drunks. One time about 15 years ago I was working in my garage, doing some wood working, when all of a sudden this young thing runs in, crying, asking for help from her boyfriend. I knew the young lady from the condo's we were living in, I surfed with her roomate. She had been beaten up, and as I tried to comfort her best as I could, this drunk asshole rounds the corner. He and I have words, then he starts coming at me. Wrong move. I cold cocked his sorry ass with 2'X4' piece of Cocobola wood I was working with. When the cops showed up I thought I was going to be in deep kim chee for assault, hell, the cops wound up thanking me for doing what they couldn't as they hauled his ass off to the hospital, then jail:slide:

I don't have a bat, but I do keep one of my son's samuri swords next to the front door.

On the bright side, at least the the idiot didn't fall over on Joanne.

Your computer rules are spot on. My past life delt mainly with telecom eng aps, both voice, and data, but I did run a large scale data center for Toshiba, and had to practice similar rules with IBM SW upgrades. I miss those headaches like I miss sales reps.

You're so right about our acceptance of a really bad drug. Weekly, and I mean weekly, some drunk asshole kills people here, usually head ons.

Man, a whack in the head with Cocobola wood, from what you've told me that's some hard ass wood. Good for the cops realizing you did them a favor.
WTG!

I will not be sneaking around your house. Samuri sword, you mean business!

I actually thought about him falling on the plants. Yeee Gods!

I did systems analysis for a few years and always subcontracted to have the software written for each job. Using big company software was a bitch to modify for a fit.

Funny how I've suppressed those memories.

So I full understand what your talking about. Your past life sounds cool and a pain at the same time. The only people that like sales reps are Doctors. They get allot of meds for free. :grinjoint:

ROFLMAO!!.. Just stay away from Microsoft products and you will be just fine! Seriously, I spent the first 11 years developing a GIS program for the local Cable/Telecom company. Geeee..I miss those days...NOT! Specially when we had 2 choices, we could lead or we could follow. Seeings how there were actually no systems at the time that we could follow, we ended up going at it on our own....weeee. Took 11 years to develop the software and input the existing background maps for 27 townships, each township being 36 square miles in area. And they wonder why my hair went prematurely grey!

OldMedMan, love your journal and your grow brother, always a smile to be had when I visit. Keep em green fine sir!

You all are so young!! I worked at a place doing card punching! And the young guys had to sign up for night time turns at the Cray. Then, I was locating telephone poles on mylar panels with roads copied from USGS maps. This telephone company never mapped their infrastructure!
And i love GIS - i took a year-long online course from PennState in GIS. Amazing the data you can come up with, just using public data.

ROFLMAO!!.. Just stay away from Microsoft products and you will be just fine! Seriously, I spent the first 11 years developing a GIS program for the local Cable/Telecom company. Geeee..I miss those days...NOT! Specially when we had 2 choices, we could lead or we could follow. Seeings how there were actually no systems at the time that we could follow, we ended up going at it on our own....weeee. Took 11 years to develop the software and input the existing background maps for 27 townships, each township being 36 square miles in area. And they wonder why my hair went prematurely grey!

OldMedMan, love your journal and your grow brother, always a smile to be had when I visit. Keep em green fine sir!

LOMASO Brother

11 years:smokin: No thanks. Maybe that's why we all have gray hair.:grinjoint:

You all are so young!! I worked at a place doing card punching! And the young guys had to sign up for night time turns at the Cray. Then, I was locating telephone poles on mylar panels with roads copied from USGS maps. This telephone company never mapped their infrastructure!
And i love GIS - i took a year-long online course from PennState in GIS. Amazing the data you can come up with, just using public data.

OMG Cray days. No:popcorn:
Not too young. We had to take our cards to the EDP center.
I had the pleasure of dropping a stack on the way over one day.:surrender::straightface::hmmmm::surrender:

Good school..PennState :grinjoint:

When I retired the final time.;) It was from Teaching Computer Science at the graduate level here in Hawaii. 17 years. That was plenty. :popcorn:
You would think that we all were driven here to mmj growing. :cheer:

Bloom Day 72

Trichs are still clear.

Joanne has finally joined the party :Rasta:
Joanne3.JPG

More Joanne:cheer:
Joanne21.JPG

Rose and Mary getting nasty:hippy:
Rose_Mary1.JPG

More Rose and Mary :surf:
Rose_mary1.JPG

And Rose and Mary again.:kisstwo:
Rose_mary21.JPG

Tad is beautiful.:woohoo:
Tad6.JPG

Tad Again:adore::adore:
Tad31.JPG

And more Tad.:yummy:
Tad41.JPG

Tad doing her thing.:clap::cheesygrinsmiley::clap:
tad23.JPG

Gonna be a great Xmas if it all goes as planned.:xmas::xmas::allgood::xmas::xmas:

Back
Top Bottom