OldMedMan's First Grow Couchlock 2009

Punch cards huh? Any of you ancients ever process round hole, 90 column Remington Rand punch cards on mechanical monster sorters, and printers? Where OldSKool cut his teeth:cheesygrinsmiley: The first computer I laid eyes on was a Model One Univac, vacuum tube, heat generating monster at Douglas Aircraft in '62. I think it had 8K, or 16K of memory. Then migrated to IBM 1401's, 1410's, 7094's, 360/30/50, and and finally multi headed 370/168's before getting into telecom.....150 baud teletype:cheesygrinsmiley: The best gig was 10 years at Harrah's, back when Bill ran the joint. The perks would make your jaws drop. But all things come to an end. Holiday Inn's bought 'em out during the greedy 80's, turning them into the K-Mart's of the gaming industry. It was all down hill after that. The money was good, but the fun was replaced with frigging CFO bean counters, and hostile takeovers.

Okay, done tripping down memory lane.

Not seeing any cloudy trich's on Tad? With all those orange hairs? All of them are looking yummy as hell. Have your dry box set up yet? Won't be long buddy!!!

lookin good as usual.
Thanks Butcher
Punch cards huh? Any of you ancients ever process round hole, 90 column Remington Rand punch cards on mechanical monster sorters, and printers? Where OldSKool cut his teeth:cheesygrinsmiley: The first computer I laid eyes on was a Model One Univac, vacuum tube, heat generating monster at Douglas Aircraft in '62. I think it had 8K, or 16K of memory. Then migrated to IBM 1401's, 1410's, 7094's, 360/30/50, and and finally multi headed 370/168's before getting into telecom.....150 baud teletype:cheesygrinsmiley: The best gig was 10 years at Harrah's, back when Bill ran the joint. The perks would make your jaws drop. But all things come to an end. Holiday Inn's bought 'em out during the greedy 80's, turning them into the K-Mart's of the gaming industry. It was all down hill after that. The money was good, but the fun was replaced with frigging CFO bean counters, and hostile takeovers.

Not seeing any cloudy trich's on Tad? With all those orange hairs? All of them are looking yummy as hell. Have your dry box set up yet? Won't be long buddy!!!

a Model One Univac You have won the old Dude talk story Award :grinjoint: My God. I saw one of those at The Smithsonian. Whooowee you do go back a while. I played with an IBM 360 at UC Berkley. I think it was a 360. In the hippie days they let the students program it. Not a good idea. :grinjoint: :hippy:
Harrah's was great back then classy. The K-mart of the gaming world.:smokin:
Trich's are nice shinny clear. I looked at all three plants today. Something tells me they will all change very soon. They stink to high heaven. Got my boxes today and will get them ready tomorrow. Probably want need but one. I also bought some scissors too. I'm ready. :ganjamon:

Been watching any sports? 50 foot waves at Sunset beach yesterday:surf::surf: That's a 5 story building!:woohoo:
They have already closed all the beaches for tomorrow, sposed to be even larger.:smokin:

Bloom Day 72

Trichs are still clear.

Joanne has finally joined the party :Rasta:
Joanne3.JPG

More Joanne:cheer:
Joanne21.JPG

Rose and Mary getting nasty:hippy:
Rose_Mary1.JPG

More Rose and Mary :surf:
Rose_mary1.JPG

And Rose and Mary again.:kisstwo:
Rose_mary21.JPG

Tad is beautiful.:woohoo:
Tad6.JPG

Tad Again:adore::adore:
Tad31.JPG

And more Tad.:yummy:
Tad41.JPG

Tad doing her thing.:clap::cheesygrinsmiley::clap:
tad23.JPG

Gonna be a great Xmas if it all goes as planned.:xmas::xmas::allgood::xmas::xmas:

:goodjob::yummy:

Almost there OMM :popcorn:

Starting to get down to the wire Dude. Looking fantastic. Your little babies are growing into fine little ladies. Congrads.

glad you and your ladies are OK after the wandering drunk episode. That would have freaked me out.

Good patience on waiting for those buds to ripen, and I think you'll be rewarded for it :Rasta:

Those plants look very sativa dominant. They might take a bit longer.

looking very tasty!

Starting to get down to the wire Dude. Looking fantastic. Your little babies are growing into fine little ladies. Congrads.

Hi Wood glad you looked in. Your opinion means allot to me:grinjoint:

glad you and your ladies are OK after the wandering drunk episode. That would have freaked me out.

Good patience on waiting for those buds to ripen, and I think you'll be rewarded for it :Rasta:

Those plants look very sativa dominant. They might take a bit longer.

looking very tasty!

Hi Sun Freaked me out for sure.:smokin:

I'm all setup for the harvest and cure. I want to do it right so I'm waiting.
Not so patiently, but waiting. The Blackjacks don't look at all alike? Tad and Joanne. Think your right.:grinjoint:

I have my trimming scissors in hand brother, and I am sure MDVL is wayy ready to escape the 6 inches of snow we just got hit with...lol. Figure they should be ready about the same day we arrive...lol. Excellant journal and grow my friend, well on your way to a great harvest.

I have my trimming scissors in hand brother, and I am sure MDVL is wayy ready to escape the 6 inches of snow we just got hit with...lol. Figure they should be ready about the same day we arrive...lol. Excellant journal and grow my friend, well on your way to a great harvest.

You know you might be right. This grows gonna be so big I might have to hire some trimmers.LOL See you when you get here. Bring you're own surfboard.:surf::surf::surf::surf:

Thanks Butcher

a Model One Univac You have won the old Dude talk story Award :grinjoint: My God. I saw one of those at The Smithsonian. Whooowee you do go back a while. I played with an IBM 360 at UC Berkley. I think it was a 360. In the hippie days they let the students program it. Not a good idea. :grinjoint: :hippy:
Harrah's was great back then classy. The K-mart of the gaming world.:smokin:
Trich's are nice shinny clear. I looked at all three plants today. Something tells me they will all change very soon. They stink to high heaven. Got my boxes today and will get them ready tomorrow. Probably want need but one. I also bought some scissors too. I'm ready. :ganjamon:

Been watching any sports? 50 foot waves at Sunset beach yesterday:surf::surf: That's a 5 story building!:woohoo:
They have already closed all the beaches for tomorrow, sposed to be even larger.:smokin:

I was 19 when I laid eyes on that ancient machine. I was the stock boy for the department at the time, lugging boxes of Standard Forms printer paper, and Globe computer punch cards up two flights of stairs for $2.11 an hour LOL.

Let me guess, you guys were probably writing Cobal JCL's, or Fortran pgms?

Harrah's was a class act. Traveling was either on one of the corporate jets, or first class commercial. Hotel stays were limited to a minimum four star property simply because we were representing Harrah's. If I was working a project that kept me away from home, they'd fly my wife out on weekends, and send a stretch to pick her up at the airport. In return we busted our asses, knowing the work was truely appreciated. Jobs like those are mere memories now.

Only need one box? What is it? A frig box :cheesygrinsmiley: May I suggest some utility razors as well, you'll need them to scrape the sweet sticky goo off the scissors, and anything else those buds touch. If you have a sheet of glass (I use the glass in our coffee table), you'll want to use it to lay the buds on to air out during the cure. Followed by scraping the goo off the glass. When someone coined 'labor of love', they must have had this chore in mind:slide:

Some thin tongs would also be a plus, keep from handling the buds with your fingers, it's almost impossible for me to get the resins off my fingers.

50 feet?!! I'd get my ol ass up to the North Shore to watch the show!

I was 19 when I laid eyes on that ancient machine. I was the stock boy for the department at the time, lugging boxes of Standard Forms printer paper, and Globe computer punch cards up two flights of stairs for $2.11 an hour LOL.

Let me guess, you guys were probably writing Cobal JCL's, or Fortran pgms?

Harrah's was a class act. Traveling was either on one of the corporate jets, or first class commercial. Hotel stays were limited to a minimum four star property simply because we were representing Harrah's. If I was working a project that kept me away from home, they'd fly my wife out on weekends, and send a stretch to pick her up at the airport. In return we busted our asses, knowing the work was truely appreciated. Jobs like those are mere memories now.

Only need one box? What is it? A frig box :cheesygrinsmiley: May I suggest some utility razors as well, you'll need them to scrape the sweet sticky goo off the scissors, and anything else those buds touch. If you have a sheet of glass (I use the glass in our coffee table), you'll want to use it to lay the buds on to air out during the cure. Followed by scraping the goo off the glass. When someone coined 'labor of love', they must have had this chore in mind:slide:

Some thin tongs would also be a plus, keep from handling the buds with your fingers, it's almost impossible for me to get the resins off my fingers.

Someday I am going to master breaking a post into multiple quotes. Did it once and immediately forgot how to do it. :smokin:

$2.10 wasn't bad. You had a job.:smokin:

Yep Cobal and Fortran. Cobal was the wordiest language in history.

I read Harrah's Book and he was classy from the word go. What a job. One of those I don't ever want it to end kind of jobs. Had one of those when I was in the Army once. Four year holiday.:grinjoint:

Well, actually I have three boxes, but didn't want to push it.:smokin:

Seriously I thank you for really describing what to expect and how to do. You never see anyone telling about exactly what to expect. Or a vid.

Now to go back the Flurple's journal and read up on that sticky goo he had. :ganjamon:

The 50 foot waves. See one enough times and you start to think of leaving before dawn to get a parking place and the 40 mph speed limit all the way up there and the incredible traffic jam involved you start to just think naaaaa I don't want to do that. Also sometimes they call it off and say come back tomorrow for days on end. Mainly it's the fact I am lazy as hell. :rofl:

The first computer I worked on was a Phillips DS 714 Telegraph switch in 1973. CP Telecoms national switch for Canada. All discrete transisitors. It had a mag drum storage capacity of 1024 bytes, lol. The drum weighed 600 pounds, took it 30 mins to spin down for cleaning. All that was necessary was a bottle of alcohol and a rag, after all the heads were physically removed, lol.

hey OldSKoool I find a little cooking oil works for sticky fingers.

OMM I admire your patience. It's gotta be tough to behave with such beautiful ladies hangin about your place.

Looking good.

The first computer I worked on was a Phillips DS 714 Telegraph switch in 1973. CP Telecoms national switch for Canada. All discrete transisitors. It had a mag drum storage capacity of 1024 bytes, lol. The drum weighed 600 pounds, took it 30 mins to spin down for cleaning. All that was necessary was a bottle of alcohol and a rag, after all the heads were physically removed, lol.

Wow, a bunch of ol DP dino's here!

That brought back a vivid memory. I was walking past an IBM drum storage unit about that same time when one of the high pressure oil lines ruptured, instantly painting the inside glass walls with lubrication fluid as the hose flipped around like an unmanned fire hose. Scared the bejeezus outa me.

Anyone ever mount disk packs? I dropped one on a late Friday afternoon, bending the platters. Oopps. Had the ending Friday payroll data for the one of the businesses we were servicing:cheesygrinsmiley:

Sorry for taking this off topic OMM, but some of it was funny.

I can see where a local wouldn't be as gee whizzie as myself, but just once I'd like to feel the seismic shake of a huge north shore wave.

Hey, glad to pass on what I can from what I've learned. Going to try Flurples hash making method, but don't have a lot of trim.

Mmmmick, thanks for the oil trick, I'll give it a try.

I am thinking if you havest now they should be some what smokeable by the time the Mrs and I land Christmas day. lol. Looking pretty good we will be on Oahu for the holidays. Slim chance Maui.

They night be ready by then and we can have a smoke or two together :grinjoint: Great!

Back
Top Bottom