OldMedMan's First Grow Couchlock 2009

The first computer I worked on was a Phillips DS 714 Telegraph switch in 1973. CP Telecoms national switch for Canada. All discrete transisitors. It had a mag drum storage capacity of 1024 bytes, lol. The drum weighed 600 pounds, took it 30 mins to spin down for cleaning. All that was necessary was a bottle of alcohol and a rag, after all the heads were physically removed, lol.

Now that is something I have never seen. Good God! Only 1024!:grinjoint:

OMM I admire your patience. It's gotta be tough to behave with such beautiful ladies hangin about your place.

Looking good.

Thanks. Yep, I figure I've waited a long time to get this far, so a little longer
will be easy and worth the rewards. I'll get my hands on the those beauties soon.:clap::clap:

Thanks for the tip on the oil. :ganjamon:

Wow, a bunch of ol DP dino's here!

That brought back a vivid memory. I was walking past an IBM drum storage unit about that same time when one of the high pressure oil lines ruptured, instantly painting the inside glass walls with lubrication fluid as the hose flipped around like an unmanned fire hose. Scared the bejeezus outa me.

Anyone ever mount disk packs? I dropped one on a late Friday afternoon, bending the platters. Oopps. Had the ending Friday payroll data for the one of the businesses we were servicing:cheesygrinsmiley:

Sorry for taking this off topic OMM, but some of it was funny.

I can see where a local wouldn't be as gee whizzie as myself, but just once I'd like to feel the seismic shake of a huge north shore wave.

Hey, glad to pass on what I can from what I've learned. Going to try Flurples hash making method, but don't have a lot of trim.

Mmmmick, thanks for the oil trick, I'll give it a try.

You know I don't mind. We old farts need some place to talk story and slip down memory lane every once in a while. :popcorn:

Didn't mean to sound so flip about the north shore. It is awesome to see and feel the pounding of those giants. I've been up there many times and it is still thrilling to experience.
The folks that live by the beach all have their houses up on stilts and sometimes even that don't help. Splash :grinjoint:
Flurple is pretty amazing.:slide:

Hey on that oil thing.... can u use wet trimmings or no? sorry if u guys were tlking about it already...

To tell you the truth, I have no idea. This will be my first trim and harvest, so I have no experience to go by. One of these distinguished growers will give us the answer. :ganjamon:

My two cents.

Cutting. Just use pruning shears, and cut each branch at the base, trim the fans, hang 'em, and wait.

Trimming. To me it's kind of a personal thing. Nothing for you to waste time worrying about IMHO. The fans are easy, it's the leaves that are embedded in the buds themselves that require some thought. With my eyes, I used a mag glass, checking the smaller leaves for trichs, if none...snip, and into the hash pile. Since we're not grooming for sale, you don't have to go for perfectly groomed buds. If it looks smokable, leave it:cheesygrinsmiley:

Not a bad thing to read some of the other harvesting tips, can't know too much about this craft, somebody has a new tip every day.

People that live in houses on stilts have a death wish....hollywood, or hawaii.

Wow, the response time is s l o w today.

One of these days I'll figure how to post a link.....go to the Harvest, Preparation, and Curing sub forum in the Grow Room, check out 'Curing' posted by Urdedpal. The guy knows his shit. Should be helpful for you.

My two cents.

Cutting. Just use pruning shears, and cut each branch at the base, trim the fans, hang 'em, and wait.

Trimming. To me it's kind of a personal thing. Nothing for you to waste time worrying about IMHO. The fans are easy, it's the leaves that are embedded in the buds themselves that require some thought. With my eyes, I used a mag glass, checking the smaller leaves for trichs, if none...snip, and into the hash pile. Since we're not grooming for sale, you don't have to go for perfectly groomed buds. If it looks smokable, leave it:cheesygrinsmiley:

Not a bad thing to read some of the other harvesting tips, can't know too much about this craft, somebody has a new tip every day.

People that live in houses on stilts have a death wish....hollywood, or hawaii.

Wow, the response time is s l o w today.

Thank You Buddy:grinjoint:
You put into words exactly what I needed to know. I'm so close I don't want to leave any stone unturned. :popcorn:

I don't know if that's really true, I lived in a house on stilts in Thailand and loved it and the lovely damsel that came with it. :smokin:

Really, thanks for the info. :peace:

One of these days I'll figure how to post a link.....go to the Harvest, Preparation, and Curing sub forum in the Grow Room, check out 'Curing' posted by Urdedpal. The guy knows his shit. Should be helpful for you.

Thanks I will do just that:thanks:

definetly great advice from OldSkool. Trimming is a personal thing. Even the growwers who grow for profit leave that extra leaf on . But its all up to you.

Thanks Butcher:welcome:

I usually pay attention to what OldSkoool tells me and he's never been wrong yet.:grinjoint:

Lovin your thread Old Med Man... it is "talk story" - that term brings me right back to my times in Hawaii. :thanks:

Hey OBX:grinjoint:

I have loved that phrase even since I've been here, kinda tells it all.
Another is "chicken skin" :popcorn:

I gotta say that You've been doing alot of work on alot of threads OMM.So to that I say thank you and putting you on notice that when I'm done typing this I will be nominating you for Member Of the Month. Thank You from all of us here at 420 MAG>Great work and eveything you do is apperciated.+reps

I gotta say that You've been doing alot of work on alot of threads OMM.So to that I say thank you and putting you on notice that when I'm done typing this I will be nominating you for Member Of the Month. Thank You from all of us here at 420 MAG>Great work and eveything you do is apperciated.+reps

Got my vote.........ok if I vote twice in Florida?

I am at a loss for words. Thank you Butcher.:thanks:
Thanks man, I love doing what I do. 420 has helped my well being in more ways than I can count and so have you and all the friends I have made here.

Course I wont be at I want be at a loss for words long. :grinjoint:

Hi there OldMedMan i would have looked sooner,
But as you well know I'm a terrible stoner.
I'm glad I took time when I had the chance,
because I got to see your fuckin great plants.
:nicethread::peace: +reps

Hi there OldMedMan i would have looked sooner,
But as you well know I'm a terrible stoner.
I'm glad I took time when I had the chance,
because I got to see your fuckin great plants.
:nicethread::peace: +reps

Glad you stopped by,
Soon the beautiful ladies will die.
Even tho I may cry,
I'll hang em to dry.

Back
Top Bottom