OldMedMan's First Grow Couchlock 2009

I seen them. Was hella pretty. It's just under that little X. Site is called 420. They got some roses I posted. But It's a great site. They jusy want all pic's releated to 420 things. OMM nice grow. like one just said bambo will be a good thing. Just get some 6'ers. Looks like you going to need them. Looks sweet.

Whewwww!!!!!..Took a few hours, but I managed to make it all the way through from the beginning! I am finally here brother grower. I must admit, big time jealous of your location. Haven't been in port since 1979. Last time I was on the USS Constellation... :). Guess that kinda dates me...lol. Your plants have had a tough time of it, but in the end, ya did the right things. Now it's time to watch the buds grow and thicken out. That's gonna be the time to watch for thieves. You have come a longgg way bro. Battled a major PH problem, over watering, and electrical, not to mention what mother nature threw at ya. You certainly handled it well. A big salute is in order. I am in for the duration on this one, just gotta see how those buds turn out. +reps on keepin them alive and doing a fine job of growing with them.

Believe it or not this is Vicky.
Picture_144_Vicky.jpg

I @lmost don't!!! Keep it up buddy!!! It's going to be gre@t to w@tch these girls fill in. :popcorn:

Hi OMM pics look great with the new cam. Starting to bud up, those girls must love all that fresh air and sunshine. I'd love to be able to take it outside in Summer but neighbors are way too close. Gotta move out of town again.

Major improvement OMM! Once those girls start forming colas....oh my.

What's the current light/dark period now in the islands? 12/12? Is it pretty close to that year 'round? Just curious.

Whewwww!!!!!..Took a few hours, but I managed to make it all the way through from the beginning! I am finally here brother grower. I must admit, big time jealous of your location. Haven't been in port since 1979. Last time I was on the USS Constellation... :). Guess that kinda dates me...lol. Your plants have had a tough time of it, but in the end, ya did the right things. Now it's time to watch the buds grow and thicken out. That's gonna be the time to watch for thieves. You have come a longgg way bro. Battled a major PH problem, over watering, and electrical, not to mention what mother nature threw at ya. You certainly handled it well. A big salute is in order. I am in for the duration on this one, just gotta see how those buds turn out. +reps on keepin them alive and doing a fine job of growing with them.

What a great post GMT.

I couldn't agree more.

This grow has been challenged many ways, but OMM has handled all of it and grown right along with them.

:goodjob: brother!

Hey Thanks GMT1975A Thanks for reading it all. Whewwww!!! is right.
Luckily I followed yours from almost the beginning and didn't have to back read much. Pretty soon you'll just forget about being old. I try to. As you can tell this journey has been a kick in the ass to me. Hard times, bad luck, problems, but I've loved it. It's made me fell much younger. I was out playing with them this morning. What they have done in their time outside is amazing. Yea, I keep the screen door locked, but still watch them. Hate to lose them now.:peace:
Thanks for the good words my friend and the +reps.

Hi OMM pics look great with the new cam. Starting to bud up, those girls must love all that fresh air and sunshine. I'd love to be able to take it outside in Summer but neighbors are way too close. Gotta move out of town again.

Thanks Mmmmick:surf:
Yep, would love to move a ways out here too.
Your grow is so beautiful and so well done. It puts ideas in my mind.:ganjamon: Thanks for looking in. :peace:

Major improvement OMM! Once those girls start forming colas....oh my.

What's the current light/dark period now in the islands? 12/12? Is it pretty close to that year 'round? Just curious.

Hey OldSkoool:welcome:
It is almost exactly 12/12. I put one of the short ones in extra full sun for a while today. Can't do that to the tall ones. To obvious.:surf:
They have the street in front my house all torn up. Makes it pretty safe right now.:peace:

What a great post GMT.

I couldn't agree more.

This grow has been challenged many ways, but OMM has handled all of it and grown right along with them.

:goodjob: brother!

Thanks Sun you should take a bit of the credit too, for keeping me going. You've played a big part in helping keep these poor girls alive.

By the way, when I coined my name I wondered how long it would take for people to call me OMM. I would have. he he

Thanks Sun you should take a bit of the credit too, for keeping me going. You've played a big part in helping keep these poor girls alive.

Every time I visit your journal I can tell you're having as much fun as I am with your grow.

By the way, when I coined my name I wondered how long it would take for people to call me OMM. I would have. he he

puts me in a meditative mood too, lol

Every time I visit your journal I can tell you're having as much fun as I am with your grow.

puts me in a meditative mood too, lol

It's true, you and are having blast at something we love:ganjamon:
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOmm.:slide:

Now that I have chance to ask you. Have you ever used bamboo to hold up your plants? I've posted a query in the grow section, but no answers yet.
I don't want to drive a stake into the roots. Gleep!
There must be a right way. :surf:

It's true, you and are having blast at something we love:ganjamon:
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOmm.:slide:

Now that I have chance to ask you. Have you ever used bamboo to hold up your plants? I've posted a query in the grow section, but no answers yet.
I don't want to drive a stake into the roots. Gleep!
There must be a right way. :surf:

I'm using bamboo stakes to hold up two of my plants right now. The only thing I watch out for is to not damage the main tap root system. If you drive the stake down too close to the stem, you can damage large roots.

I go at least 2" out from the stem and haven't had any problems. Sometimes I drive the stake in at a slight angle leaning towards the plant, which helps compensate for the 2" clearance at dirt level.

Bamboo also usually has a narrower end. I think the narrower end slides through the root mass with less damage.

take care OMM ;)

Don't worry, be happy OMM

I have 5 long bamboo teri akai skewers stuck in the soil around Wanda. No worries. Use 'em to tie the tops inward. Like setting sun says, keep them away from the center.

But if those girls get any bigger, you might want to consider old telephone poles instead of bamboo:ganjamon:

Don't worry, be happy OMM

I have 5 long bamboo teri akai skewers stuck in the soil around Wanda. No worries. Use 'em to tie the tops inward. Like setting sun says, keep them away from the center.

But if those girls get any bigger, you might want to consider old telephone poles instead of bamboo:ganjamon:

Yeah, I got 6'ers I hope need that much height.:ganjamon:
I know now exactly where I'll put em in the outer part. Slanting in of course.

Think I better start shopping around for sturdy, but used telephone poles.:ganjamon:

If you can keep them in the sun you'll need every bit of those 6er's.....damn I'm jealous.

My other aloha buddy says the dooldrums are back? Trades fall off?

(((((((((((((OMM))))))))))))))) :hug: I went back and viewed the lastest shot of the girls and THEY LOOK AWESOME! I just love Rose and Mary, the twins are my favorite cuz I remember their start and loved how you named them! All yer ex's look terrific tho. Starting to see some buds - YES!:yummy: Me too! It looks like yer ladies loved the bigger pots and the direct sunshine!

SUCH A GREAT JOB!!! No snitchin' any buds now - no matter how tempting! That's gonna be hard for me!!!!

Back
Top Bottom