OldMedMan's First Grow Couchlock 2009

do the old string the cans together, filled with pebbles and hang em about a foot off the ground, then when someone comes a looking at least you'll have a chance to catch em !!!!!!!! :popcorn:

second thought get a baby monitor they are cheap and watch from inside hell do both then when you hear the cans just look at monitor and know who gotcha !!!!!

yeah i might be a lil high right now but hey its how i get creative lol :bong: :roorrip: :grinjoint: :cool: :ganjamon: :rollit:

Great Idea! I was trying to think of some way to get an early warning system in.:cheer:
If my sleep pattern remains the same, I'll be awake most of the night anyway. Where I'm sitting right now is about 20 feet aways from them.:ganjamon:

those are some great looking plants you got there...

Thanks Man:grinjoint:

Bob Marley and Ozzy O are right :cheer: Booze is poison.
When we bought this place the agent gave us a bottle of Champagne, its still in the refrigerator. 22 years ago.:ganjamon:

thats such a beautiful sight!! Brada karmas on yo side. Who doesnt love ta see some beautiful pakalolo in da mornin on ther porch. i'm one jealous fool right now!!

Howzit Bra? Never spected to have pakalolo on da back porch :grinjoint:
Eat cha heart out.:peace:

Your plants are looking nice!

Did you run out of space mostly vertically or horizontally or both?

Hey Sun glad you looked in. :popcorn:
Mainly vertically. I think horizontally I could have squeezed them in. They grew right into the lights and the lights were as high as they could go.

Now I worry about critters. I have hundreds of lizards and geckos in my back yard. Hope they help. Of all places I found some actual Neem Spray at one of the military bases here in the garden section. So I'm getting prepared.

One of the great side effects on this move is my electric bill will go down at least $150 a month. Hooray. No more AC and freezing my butt off. :peace:

By the way Sun your journal helped me in many ways on doing this.:thanks: I hope these girls do as good as the males you had out side with indirect light. :ganjamon:

First of all I'm glad I was able to offer some useful information, just passing it on actually. Second, Whoa! Looka those babies! We need some close ups! Wanna have a look see at the buds!

Don't let 'em walk off....sleep with one eye open like Tom Mix use to do.

Great job OMM

OMM,
Once the girls get acclimated to outside they will do great. You live in the ideal climate.

My wife and I were recently out your direction. Now working our asses off to figure out how we can make it our home full time. Love the islands.

Hello, thanks for dropping in.:welcome:
Yep, love it here. Temps stay around the high 80s and although the Humidity stays high I love it.

That's what happened to me too. Kept visiting until I finally said, "I'm not coming back until I can live here". Took me a long time, but here I am.:ganjamon:

First of all I'm glad I was able to offer some useful information, just passing it on actually. Second, Whoa! Looka those babies! We need some close ups! Wanna have a look see at the buds!

Don't let 'em walk off....sleep with one eye open like Tom Mix use to do.

Great job OMM

Modesty looks good on you my friend:grinjoint:
I'll try to get some close ups tomorrow. Kinda letting them settle in to they're
environment a little. Replanting and sun have to be a shock to them. Until they get too big, I'll be putting them into a cool dark room at night. After that I do the Tom Mix thing. I did some finger LST on them. Pulling out the bud sites from under neath the big leaves and so on.
Hope I'm lucky, this sure is fun.:ganjamon:

trust me i am !!! I only have minnies when i can just got a new neighbor so dont know what to expect just yet. My last ones smoked and always grew at least 1 plant every year. Never told em I knew though. Sometimes its just better not to say anything. Or at least in my case.

trust me i am !!! I only have minnies when i can just got a new neighbor so dont know what to expect just yet. My last ones smoked and always grew at least 1 plant every year. Never told em I knew though. Sometimes its just better not to say anything. Or at least in my case.

Hey Butcher I was just looking at your fantastic girls.:popcorn:
I can smell em from here.:grinjoint:
hope the new neighbor is cool......
My thoughts exactly. What they don't know will never hurt you.
I tell no one about my grow, not even my best friend.:smokin:
Only one of my neighbors can actually see my porch . He's building a big out rigger in his yard. Never even seen him look up. Fingers crossed. :ganjamon:

Hey Sun glad you looked in. :popcorn:
Mainly vertically. I think horizontally I could have squeezed them in. They grew right into the lights and the lights were as high as they could go.

I asked because if things get sketchy outdoors, you might be able to LST the main stems, reduce their height, and bush them out. Your plants are big, and I don't know how flexible the main stems are, but it might be an option if you've got the horizontal space indoors.

Now I worry about critters. I have hundreds of lizards and geckos in my back yard. Hope they help. Of all places I found some actual Neem Spray at one of the military bases here in the garden section. So I'm getting prepared.

The perils outdoors are somewhat different, I've learned ;).

One of the great side effects on this move is my electric bill will go down at least $150 a month. Hooray. No more AC and freezing my butt off. :peace:

Those are big benefits to having them outside.

By the way Sun your journal helped me in many ways on doing this.:thanks: I hope these girls do as good as the males you had out side with indirect light. :ganjamon:

I think they may have stretched due to not enough light, but they sure looked good and healthy, and thrived well.

thanks OMM ;)

OldMedMan, if you can pull it off (without the neighboorhood jerk stealing your girls), I think they will be fine. Maybe you should talk to your neighbors who can see your plants, and let them know it's medicine. Or not tell them at all, if they're not smokers, they might not know what they look like and think you just have some nice house plants on your porch.

They will be happy outside though! Wish you well!

I asked because if things get sketchy outdoors, you might be able to LST the main stems, reduce their height, and bush them out. Your plants are big, and I don't know how flexible the main stems are, but it might be an option if you've got the horizontal space indoors.
The perils outdoors are somewhat different, I've learned ;).
Those are big benefits to having them outside.
I think they may have stretched due to not enough light, but they sure looked good and healthy, and thrived well.
thanks OMM ;)

I really should have LST'd way earlier when they were twigs. I was really naive about how high they would go. Gained experience the usual way.:smokin:
:peace:

OldMedMan, if you can pull it off (without the neighboorhood jerk stealing your girls), I think they will be fine. Maybe you should talk to your neighbors who can see your plants, and let them know it's medicine. Or not tell them at all, if they're not smokers, they might not know what they look like and think you just have some nice house plants on your porch.

They will be happy outside though! Wish you well!

Gonna try to pull it off.:grinjoint:
I thought allot about it before hand. Actually only one neighbor can actually see them. He and his children almost never look over here. They are Oriental and very polite. He's building a boat and is always busy.
The other neighbor on the right can't see them without some trouble.
The one I worry about is to the left. They can not see them at all, however they party down allot so I don't feel good about them. They would know what it was.
If some one would turn me in that's OK because I am a legal mmj smoker and not any where near my limit to grow.

Guess I took allot of space to say life's a gamble anyway.:ganjamon:

I've been reading along with your grow and I think you've done what you started out to do. Learn allot and now you know what and how to do your next grow. :smokin:
Thanks for looking in on me.:thanks:

How t@ll were they when you switched them to flower?

Hey Man,
8 to 12 inches if I remember it right:grinjoint:
I knew I had 36" and 38" in each box. I did extend one box to 52" and it still wasn't enough. I bought these particulars seeds because they were supposed
be very small in hight. So much for advertising.:smokin:

At any rate this has been a great learning experience for me and what ever happens, I'll be doing it again. :peace:

Hey Man,
8 to 12 inches if I remember it right:grinjoint:
I knew I had 36" and 38" in each box. I did extend one box to 52" and it still wasn't enough. I bought these particulars seeds because they were supposed
be very small in hight. So much for advertising.:smokin:

At any rate this has been a great learning experience for me and what ever happens, I'll be doing it again. :peace:

Aloha honey!!!! (((((BIG GRANNY HUGS))))) WOW!!! :clap: The ladies got a new home and a bigger pot! I bet they love both! They are gonna pack on the bud for you now!!! :slide::cheer: And I would love to see some closeups too!

I don't know that early LST keeps them short unless you do it like OldSkoool thru the flowering stage also. I grow mine in the veg stage to where they have filled out with 4-6 secondary growths that are at the same level of the main top - then I release them to grow to the height I want them for flowering. This fills them up so they are fuller on the top level (more top colas in the end *I hope*).

However, I think the height when sent to flower also makes a massive difference on how tall the plant will get (with the exception of if you LST as OldSkoool does during flowering too).

I say this cuz with SOME of the first group I sent to flower, I LST'd all strains and grew SOME of them to 12" tall before putting them to flower. They are now massively tall and these included both sativa AND indica varieties. The Blueberry and Medijuana are both indicas - but they have grown just as tall as the sativa dominent strains of White Widow and Thai Tanic. I feel like there is going to be a lot of wasted space at the lower area of these tall ladies. The indicas cuz it's empty space and the sativa dominent cuz there is so much undergrowth it can't get enough light.

Then there were SOME strains in the first group that I LST'd and sent to flower when they were 9" to 10" tall, these included the LD, one non-LST'd Medijuana, and a G13 Haze. The LST'd LD and G13 Haze have grown wide with the LST, full with top budsites, but not nearly as tall. I really prefer this, so the remaining strains I sent to flower this last week have all been 9" to 10" tall. These are full with future cola sights due to the LST, but are a much easier height to grow.

I was under the assumption that the LST would keep them short, and I think how OldSkool continues them with LST in flowering is extremely effective on keeping them short. But I'm experimenting to see if it doesn't have more to do with their height when put to flower. I guess I'll find out soon enough if my theories hold water.

I sure do want to drool over some closeup shots of yer buds? Pretty please? I bet they are saturated with trichs... is it snowing on the beach?:surf:

Back
Top Bottom