OldMedMan's First Grow Couchlock 2009

About skinny..when I was 16 my girl friends mom was a heavy drinker and came home buzzed and looked at me and said slurringly JJ if you get any skinnier your gonna slip thru your asshole and hang yourself.....haha Always get a laugh when I think of her....

OH! NO!:ganjamon: LMAO :thanks::grinjoint:

That's too funny......hey OMM, dropped in before getting ready for my two day a week, sit on my ass job, expecting to see new pics of your ladies. Oh the disappointment. Vog still around?

That's too funny......hey OMM, dropped in before getting ready for my two day a week, sit on my ass job, expecting to see new pics of your ladies. Oh the disappointment. Vog still around?

At least you have job:grinjoint:
I'll try to get some up later today. I hate to disappoint old friends.:ganjamon:
Vog's gone. Beautiful blue Hawaiian sky above.:surf:

The girls are trying to bug me.:grinjoint: They grew into the lights again last night.:ganjamon: They gotta stop soon! I've only got about 8 more inches of room. If not, I'll have to abuse them a bit. When I started this grow a few months ago I never thought this would happen.:smokin:

I did talk to an old friend today who tells me he has a perfect spot outdoors and he would watch them.. Yes, I do trust this guy. It might be the answer if it comes to that.:cheesygrinsmiley:

Glad your having a good Hoot too. :goof::goof::goof:

Nice grow. Are you seeing much of a difference with the UFO? My brother grows and he gave me some bushmasters. He swears by it and says it will stop vertical growth after a day or so. Maybe that would help keep them out of the light? Is Tad a male?

Nice grow. Are you seeing much of a difference with the UFO? My brother grows and he gave me some bushmasters. He swears by it and says it will stop vertical growth after a day or so. Maybe that would help keep them out of the light? Is Tad a male?

Thanks for dropping in:welcome:
Yeah I will get some Bushmaster for the next grow. Tad and Joanne finally have stopped upward growth. Knock on wood.:grinjoint:
They are all female. No, truthfully the UFO is not doing good in flower.:smokin:
In just a few minutes I will be posting some new pics. In one of them I do a size comparison from each box. The ones I am comparing are both the same strain: Blackjack. All planted the same day.
I have a unfix-able humidity problem so you'll see some yellow leaves.
See the early part of this journal for the reasons.

I'm starting to feel like I'm in a natural cycle of lower leaves falling off and yet all other parts are the plants are healthy. Me and many others have tried everything to solve the yellowing leaves but it continues.
I've just finally accepted that's the way it's going to be. :peace:

Ok Folks here are some updated new pics :yummy:
first_grow_132Joanne.jpg

Here's Joanne in all her glory.
first_grow_133_Tad.jpg

Tad is looking good.
first_grow_134_RMV.jpg

Rose and Mary not too bad.
first_grow_135_Vicky.jpg

Vicky is doing well.
first_grow_136_Tad_Vicky.jpg

This Tad from the big box and Vicky from the small box with the UFO.
Big size difference.:surf:
first_grow_137_RMV.jpg

Rose, Mary, and Vicky back home.
first_grow_138_Jo_Tad.jpg

Tad and Joanne back home.

As you can see the growth in the big box is much greater than the plants in the small box. Nothing different in the way they were grown except the lights. If I get a couple oz from all of them combined I will be very happy. :peace:

As you can see the growth in the big box is much greater than the plants in the small box. Nothing different in the way they were grown except the lights. If I get a couple oz from all of them combined I will be very happy. :peace:

Hi OMM,
you are getting close, to the roof, lol. they look good tho otherwise.edit: that sounded like I meant they are stretched but not my intended meaning.
Let me share something that I think is the real key to getting the most from your led. I see your plants are all natural growth as in tallish. If you start in veg with topping, suppercropping and LST to get them low and wide instead of tall you will have much more uniform developement as the bottom of the plant is less affected by the inverse square law. You might only get one or two plants in your space instead of 3 but probably actually yield the same or better.

HPIM17731.JPG

^^^ this plant is only 5 inches or so tall, so the bottom is almost the same distance from the light as the top. If the plant was 3 feet tall the bottom wouldn't be anywhere near finishing when the top was ready. Open them up and keep em short. The less than thick growth is my issue not due to topping and training. This is just the pic that best illustrates plant shape for growth under LEDS. With the cfls that LED should be capable enough, imo. It just can't punch light through that dense foliage.

this plant is in my current grow so you can see how it developes during flower, if you care to drop by now and then for a look.

Yuppers, as long as your tops are looking good screw the yellow leaves.

Like Bob Marley says, 'Don't worry, be happy'

If I understand you correctly, the CFL only plants are doing better?

Great pics, looks like your girls are doing fine despite the humidity. Good to hear you can breath again.

Just a matter of time now for both of us:yummy:

Hi OMM,
you are getting close, to the roof, lol. they look good tho otherwise.edit: that sounded like I meant they are stretched but not my intended meaning.
Let me share something that I think is the real key to getting the most from your led. I see your plants are all natural growth as in tallish. If you start in veg with topping, suppercropping and LST to get them low and wide instead of tall you will have much more uniform developement as the bottom of the plant is less affected by the inverse square law. You might only get one or two plants in your space instead of 3 but probably actually yield the same or better.

HPIM17731.JPG

^^^ this plant is only 5 inches or so tall, so the bottom is almost the same distance from the light as the top. If the plant was 3 feet tall the bottom wouldn't be anywhere near finishing when the top was ready. Open them up and keep em short. The less than thick growth is my issue not due to topping and training. This is just the pic that best illustrates plant shape for growth under LEDS. With the cfls that LED should be capable enough, imo. It just can't punch light through that dense foliage.

this plant is in my current grow so you can see how it developes during flower, if you care to drop by now and then for a look.

I totally agree with every word you say.:yummy:
The pictures I just posted were the first without bondage as I untied them before the pics. That was my feeble attempt at LST, but it did fill them in a bit. I untied them because I don't have the room. By the way you did your plant was really nice. I've learned allot on this first grow and think about what I can do better next time. :surf:
Are kidding of course i'll be over for a look:popcorn:

Yuppers, as long as your tops are looking good screw the yellow leaves.

Like Bob Marley says, 'Don't worry, be happy'

If I understand you correctly, the CFL only plants are doing better?

Great pics, looks like your girls are doing fine despite the humidity. Good to hear you can breath again.

Just a matter of time now for both of us:yummy:

Yeah screw em:grinjoint:
I'm with Marley:ganjamon:
In my case for some reason yes. Go CFLs:cheer:
Trades are back:surf:

I think I must be morbid or just medicated too much this morning, but I see a double meaning in your last line.:popcorn:

I totally agree with every word you say.:yummy:
The pictures I just posted were the first without bondage as I untied them before the pics. That was my feeble attempt at LST, but it did fill them in a bit. I untied them because I don't have the room. By the way you did your plant was really nice. I've learned allot on this first grow and think about what I can do better next time. :surf:
Are kidding of course i'll be over for a look:popcorn:

I see. You must have been more gentle with them than I ususally am,lol. They straightened up so well. I usually tie them and supercrop them so they'll grow into the bent shape somewhat. Of course as soon as they're beyond the restraints they head straight for the light again. They can get pretty wide so you do have to plan around that floorspace issue.

That Joanne has a sturdy back on her.

I see. You must have been more gentle with them than I ususally am,lol. They straightened up so well. I usually tie them and supercrop them so they'll grow into the bent shape somewhat. Of course as soon as they're beyond the restraints they head straight for the light again. They can get pretty wide so you do have to plan around that floorspace issue.

That Joanne has a sturdy back on her.

Yeah floorspace is the problem. I've been thinking about my next grow maybe a few small auto flower ones. Or just one big pot, bushmaster, and some serious LST to do exactly like what you've done. I think in the long run the yield would be better on the one big pot.:ganjamon:

I've read your journal twice now really like your ideas.:surf: :peace:

Yeah floorspace is the problem. I've been thinking about my next grow maybe a few small auto flower ones. Or just one big pot, bushmaster, and some serious LST to do exactly like what you've done. I think in the long run the yield would be better on the one big pot.:ganjamon:

I've read your journal twice now really like your ideas.:surf: :peace:
Whats the area of your cabinet? You could probably get a screen in there to help keep the ladies low with a little LST on the side. I could see one of those big healthy plants filling the screen and loading right up with bud. I've never used Bushmaster, sounds like it might be the ticket.
Thats great OMM, I hope there's something in there that you can apply to your grow. I've been a knowledge sponge since signing up here at 420 there are so many really experienced growers. Great site.

Parish the thought OMM! Now that really would be a Greek tragedy.

The thing about bondage training (chuckle) is starting early on, which I quite sure your aware of. I like it because I like fiddling with Wanda (no smart remarks now:smokin:), adjusting her little tie downs, keeping her budding buds at the same height 50 times a day. Jesting of course, but people are beginning to talk.

You should save Joanne after you harvest, cure that wood and build a new grow shed outa her.

Parish the thought OMM! Now that really would be a Greek tragedy.

The thing about bondage training (chuckle) is starting early on, which I quite sure your aware of. I like it because I like fiddling with Wanda (no smart remarks now:smokin:), adjusting her little tie downs, keeping her budding buds at the same height 50 times a day. Jesting of course, but people are beginning to talk.

You should save Joanne after you harvest, cure that wood and build a new grow shed outa her.

ok I know it's a little sick but I was startin to get a little turned on there smutmeister,lol.

Whats the area of your cabinet? You could probably get a screen in there to help keep the ladies low with a little LST on the side. I could see one of those big healthy plants filling the screen and loading right up with bud. I've never used Bushmaster, sounds like it might be the ticket.
Thats great OMM, I hope there's something in there that you can apply to your grow. I've been a knowledge sponge since signing up here at 420 there are so many really experienced growers. Great site.

I yes I've heard really good comments on bushmaster and how it does make short fat fanny's out of your plants. :smokin::smokin:
My Cab is 19.5" x 21.5' x 58". About 7.5 sq ft. We think along the same lines, instead of reg 2x2 wire I might just use a small DIY wood frame. Yea I love 420 and all the smart but really fine people here. Its part of a new side of life
for me. A happy one.:ganjamon:

Back
Top Bottom