OldMedman Goes Indoors

WOOOHOOOO!!!! Harvest time!!!
And now John sounds even more like my pops...was this john a navy man?? my uncle john was....

Hi GT.....no and Army man. Was one good dude to have on your side! ;)

OMM, this has turned out to be quite some adventure huh!? Not the story, but the indoor grow!! You've done incredible! I need to get a bigger scale(when I said that in my early 20's it was a bad thing) But I wish I could take pics of my haul while on the scale! My scale is only 100G, and it is from my younger, more reckless days. Glad those times are over, and glad to be here sharing this chapter of my life with you all!! Sorry, Ol Stinky gets me feeling a bit talkative sometimes....Much love and respect OMM!!

Hey My Buddy Quix ! ;)

Yep, quite an adventure going inside. Thanks Man....you and I have learned allot with our indoors.....I think you did an amazing job..you fought more dragons than I did. .:high-five: I know exactly what kind of scale that you had.....worked good for a quick weight.....reckless days huh? I hear ya!
420 has been a better place with your self here. Ol stinky sounds good! Talk all you want,,,I love to listen! :high-five:

knew him best as Uncle Lut, but first name was John...my uncle, a true hero...3 major wars, sank twice in one war, decorated in all three wars, purple heart, think twice, been a while, miss him ALOT... my father got ill when I was real young and Uncle Lut, short for Luttrel, stepped in and spent alot of time with me... he was the soldier that saw way too much , but couldnt be killed by it...scared me to death first time I heard him wake screaming .. he rarely told me of his nightmares, but said he could tell noone else...I respected and loved my uncle alot, but learned alot of humbleness from him, he was a rare soul....sorry guys, goodnight and God bless

EC is electroconductivity a measure of the concentration of dissolved salts in your water, you need a meter to measure it and it's units are in microsiemens.

If you're using straight RO without mixing, the EC will be quite low and the pH around 7. Many growers us ppm [parts per million] but this is a calculation derived from EC so it's better to use the data rather than its derivative. Why did you decide to use RO, is your tap water hard? Are you in a position to collect rain water?

Budz look great, it always feels good to be done trimming.;)

Hi my Friend:)

Our water here is some of the worst in the country. Even the water company warns of how bad it is....there is usually a a note in our bill that tells us the current dangers. Our rain has Volcanic debris in it, so I don't bother collecting it. Those little PUR water filters I use, really clean the water well. I did some research and they are the best of their type.

Since we just met, I should tell you about myself, I'm old and my medical condition just doesn't let me do things like I would like too. I need helpers to do most things. Sometimes they have things to do so, I just do what I can...some days I feel good and can get many things done, it's kind of hit and miss. :)

All these good folks that ride along with me in my journal know damn well, I'm not too scientific. I find what works and just go with it. If I can get some fair harvests with decent smoke, I'm pretty happy. I love 420 and all the people here...they keep me going. :) They seem to love my stories, so for me it's a win win. Please come back and if you see me doing something totally idiotic, please tell me. Really glad you looked in!:bravo:

OMM, the EC Meter is similar to a TDS meter (Total Dissolved Solids which gives PPM's) but gives measurements in different units. Both are ways of measuring the levels of nutes in your water.

My guess is, as a long-time soil grower, you're probably just mixing up batches of nutes and not really measuring EC or TDS (probably never needed to...just read the plants!), but a TDS/EC meter is kind of a "must have" in hydro.

Thanks Mr. Krip. :) TDS meters I've read up on and fairly well understand them. I love to watch you guys doing Hydro and Flo n Go systems, even though I will never have one of my own. I have 5 pH meters and hardly ever use them. Soil is so forgiving, I don't ever see me changing. Now reading the plants, I do. Sometimes I know exactly what they need, almost always. Seat of the pants growing. Since I've been using some organic nutes, it's even easier. Your the best Buddy. :high-five:

Man that was a nice harvest! Looks grade A quality. So OMM my girl and I are thinking bout goinf on vacation round Jan. Feb.when we make exact plans ill let you know. Would love to come BS with ya

knew him best as Uncle Lut, but first name was John...my uncle, a true hero...3 major wars, sank twice in one war, decorated in all three wars, purple heart, think twice, been a while, miss him ALOT... my father got ill when I was real young and Uncle Lut, short for Luttrel, stepped in and spent alot of time with me... he was the soldier that saw way too much , but couldnt be killed by it...scared me to death first time I heard him wake screaming .. he rarely told me of his nightmares, but said he could tell noone else...I respected and loved my uncle alot, but learned alot of humbleness from him, he was a rare soul....sorry guys, goodnight and God bless

Hi GT ! :)
Man don't say sorry...I love to hear about him..sounds like he was a hero in many ways. He took over for your ill father....we should all hope to have someone like him around. I understand about his nightmares, there's only so much a person can see and do. I feel honored just to find out that people like him exists. :peace: Brother. :Namaste:

Man that was a nice harvest! Looks grade A quality. So OMM my girl and I are thinking bout goinf on vacation round Jan. Feb.when we make exact plans ill let you know. Would love to come BS with ya

Wonderful ! I'll start saving up my BS! Thanks for the compliment! I think I'm starting to see double!
:bravo:

Thanks Mr. Krip ! :)

More coming tomorrow.....:high-five:

I can't wait, but it'll be tough to beat blueberries & sour cream, which sounds like something I'd order for breakfast! :yummy:

Thanks Mr. Krip. :) TDS meters I've read up on and fairly well understand them. I love to watch you guys doing Hydro and Flo n Go systems, even though I will never have one of my own. I have 5 pH meters and hardly ever use them. Soil is so forgiving, I don't ever see me changing. Now reading the plants, I do. Sometimes I know exactly what they need, almost always. Seat of the pants growing. Since I've been using some organic nutes, it's even easier. Your the best Buddy. :high-five:

There's no real difference b/t EC & TDS except the digit that's presented on the screen. There's a formula (actually, there are two different ones that give different results!!!) to convert EC to TDS. On my meter, I can click a button and switch from EC to TDS (and change conversion formulas).

It's helpful in hydro for a number of reasons, but mostly (IMHO) because you can tell by measuring starting EC/PPM's and current EC/PPM's to get an idea how well your plants are uptaking nutes. Also, for adjusting a res back to target PPM's. I don't see it being much use in soil unless you're making (not just mixing!) your own fert's and need to find the right dilution ratio's so you don't burn your plants.

Hey Twelve12 Thanks, there is more to come tomorrow. I love your name...we all live it!:cheer:

I don't know...I'm more of an Eighteen6 kind of guy...I like vegging! :)

I can't wait, but it'll be tough to beat blueberries & sour cream, which sounds like something I'd order for breakfast! :yummy:

There's no real difference b/t EC & TDS except the digit that's presented on the screen. There's a formula (actually, there are two different ones that give different results!!!) to convert EC to TDS. On my meter, I can click a button and switch from EC to TDS (and change conversion formulas).

It's helpful in hydro for a number of reasons, but mostly (IMHO) because you can tell by measuring starting EC/PPM's and current EC/PPM's to get an idea how well your plants are uptaking nutes. Also, for adjusting a res back to target PPM's. I don't see it being much use in soil unless you're making (not just mixing!) your own fert's and need to find the right dilution ratio's so you don't burn your plants.

I don't know...I'm more of an Eighteen6 kind of guy...I like vegging! :)

Your the best Mr. Krip!:love:
Would you believe I've looked at those two plants the whole grow and never though that! :)

I didn't need a meter when I tried making my own nutes....I burned the crap out of them. :popcorn: Crispy Critters. Early stage in OMM's education. :smokin:

Well, you have me going 18/6 too! :)

Just a quick question. If the buds get a bit to close to and get the bleached yellow colour to them will this affect the final smoke. Great havest again omm.
Smooth.

Hey Sisco! ;)

I haven't tried the Blueberry, so it's a first for me too. Gonna let her dry for while before I sample her.

We walked through Jo's room taking the pots out and Jo said "What's that awful smell ?" Guess it did smell Buddy...we didn't even notice. :high-five:

Every time I open a jar of Super Sour OG....wifey pulls her shirt collar over her nose, and complains......If I light it?.....she takes her laptop and leaves the room :bravo:
Guess it stinks a bit :)

Driving fuel convoy is the worst. It can test your humanity and moral fiber in crazy ways. A convoy is maybe two or three miles long with the fuel in the middle section....big fucking target! The Moojies will comandeer camels and sheep from the locals and strap explosives to them, and herd the animals in front of the vehicle...scary......
"IF YOU STOP...YOU DIE" 5 words that sum the whole thing up. These "warriors of god" will get young boys, of 6 or seven years old, and have them stand in the road in front of you....waving their arms to get you to stop. "IF YOU STOP...YOU DIE" Waving at him thru the windscreen to try to get him to step aside, but it does no good and at the very last second......you just close your eyes
The trucks are so heavy with armor, you don't even feel it......but you hear it...."Thump-bump-a-lump....a-lump" Never look into the mirrors
You will wake to that sound for the rest of your life, I think
Cheery thoughts on a Friday morning

Just a quick question. If the buds get a bit to close to and get the bleached yellow colour to them will this affect the final smoke. Great havest again omm.
Smooth.

Yes, it absolutely will. It may not necessarily affect potency, but the taste will definitely be affected. Happened to me on my last grow....:Namaste:

Driving fuel convoy is the worst. It can test your humanity and moral fiber in crazy ways. A convoy is maybe two or three miles long with the fuel in the middle section....big fucking target! The Moojies will comandeer camels and sheep from the locals and strap explosives to them, and herd the animals in front of the vehicle...scary......
"IF YOU STOP...YOU DIE" 5 words that sum the whole thing up. These "warriors of god" will get young boys, of 6 or seven years old, and have them stand in the road in front of you....waving their arms to get you to stop. "IF YOU STOP...YOU DIE" Waving at him thru the windscreen to try to get him to step aside, but it does no good and at the very last second......you just close your eyes
The trucks are so heavy with armor, you don't even feel it......but you hear it...."Thump-bump-a-lump....a-lump" Never look into the mirrors
You will wake to that sound for the rest of your life, I think
Cheery thoughts on a Friday morning

Jeeeeez I thought Nam was bad....glad you made it back Chopper! :high-five:

Back
Top Bottom