OldMedman Goes Indoors

Don't make me brake out with my trip to the jungles of Peru! lol..it's been over 10 years now so am I safe? :scratchinghead:

I feel the blood pumping again..gonna' need to take a swat or two now. This reminds me of the times I used to listen to stories on the radio (spanish Kali-man) Adventure and mystery!

Did I mention you have some great looking buds?

Hey Nephew ! :)
Good to see you. I wish I could put some better better lights on the autos, but will only be using CFLs for them....will add many more CFLs in there. :yummy:

Ahh yes! The CFLs! Although not as impressive as other grow light types, they are a lot cheaper, and as you say, you can use a lot of them where needed! I liked how you just hang yours down off lamp cords! I couldn't do that here, but seeing your CFLs with no shades on them gave me an idea.

I just bought a few more 45 watters along with another four clamp on fixtures, and a couple of those "Y" things to put TWO CFLs on one fixture! :) I plan to toss the metal shades, put the "Y" into the socket and clamp the fixture off one of my main fixture ropes x 2! That will get me another 11,000 lumens (5500 on each back corner for a left and right backfill for final flowering in the bath tub. :yahoo:

I'm enjoying following this journal! Lots of good comments and info! :thumb:

Been there with that feeling Pop's. Cept mine was here in the states. I've always been shy of airports. But then I got in the mix after you did. Hope the garden's good. I had to go back a page or two to catch up on your thread. It's never sleeps, I see.
Keepem Green Pop's.

Old Man's story, I don't write books. At least this is unlike my recent post in MOTM about paying debts forward, which reads like lyric from an old Elton John hit.
Egads! I hope I didn't plagiarize :smokin:

Hi Mr. Gator. :)

I have to go see that......Elton John Huh? Your usually so eloquent in your posts. :grinjoint:

OMM,
No BS, if you don't hire a writer to do your biography, I will. Then I will option it for a movie. I can only imagine the crazy shit we have in store on the OMM roller coaster of life. We still have 40 years more to go. The fact you've survived what I can only imagine is a life that would sound like a combination of a letters to penthouse-james bond-soldier of fortune-tommy chong mashup is beyond comprehension. If 420 doesn't have a "Master Grower Emeritus" title they need to bestow the first on you my friend.

Hey Buddy.
:yahoo:

Thanks, however are you telling me I'm not good enough to write my own story??? (Just Kidding) :yahoo: You have me in fantasy land now. I'm not a big guy....so I see DiCaprio playing my part. Lady GaGa would be RS. :)
This is fun.
Since you pretty much know me by now...you know I want my fair share of all the deals. :yahoo:

Actually there has been and is a "Master Grower Emeritus" already. His name is Mr. Propa Gator! :thumb:

Ahh yes! The CFLs! Although not as impressive as other grow light types, they are a lot cheaper, and as you say, you can use a lot of them where needed! I liked how you just hang yours down off lamp cords! I couldn't do that here, but seeing your CFLs with no shades on them gave me an idea.

I just bought a few more 45 watters along with another four clamp on fixtures, and a couple of those "Y" things to put TWO CFLs on one fixture! :) I plan to toss the metal shades, put the "Y" into the socket and clamp the fixture off one of my main fixture ropes x 2! That will get me another 11,000 lumens (5500 on each back corner for a left and right backfill for final flowering in the bath tub. :yahoo:

I'm enjoying following this journal! Lots of good comments and info! :thumb:

Hi GG7 ;)

That sounds like a good plan with the CFLs........I am totally with you, the more lumens the better. I am not a great DIY person, but I've made some strange CFL arrays that worked. I have two boxes of lights, cords, and shades, so who knows what ugly mess I'll make, but it will work. :)

A flood lit bath tub! Why not! It works!

I noticed under your name all the links you have to really good stuff. Thank Goodness you joined 420. You've made it even better! :clap::clap:

Lady Gaga is very much your style OMM. I do not doubt it a second! I'd see that movie.

Gotta confess, I've been reading the story anyway.

Hope you feel better man. Gotta wake up early, so enjoy your evening! :)

Don't make me brake out with my trip to the jungles of Peru! lol..it's been over 10 years now so am I safe? :scratchinghead:

I feel the blood pumping again..gonna' need to take a swat or two now. This reminds me of the times I used to listen to stories on the radio (spanish Kali-man) Adventure and mystery!

Did I mention you have some great looking buds?

Hi Sisco! :)

So your going to play your Peru card huh? Sure your safe! Fire away...I want to hear it. :yahoo:

I loved the radio days....your mind would fill in the story with visuals.

Nephew if you haven't grown a Bubblelicious, you might want to give it a try.
I just smoked a lower bud sample and she is good! What was I saying? :yummy:

Been there with that feeling Pop's. Cept mine was here in the states. I've always been shy of airports. But then I got in the mix after you did. Hope the garden's good. I had to go back a page or two to catch up on your thread. It's never sleeps, I see.
Keepem Green Pop's.

Hey Sprout! Good to see you Buddy. Yea man I know you've had that rush too. It's addictive as hell. :yahoo: I hear you about airports. There will be some in my story.
The plants are doing good.....they may all be down in week or so. 2 for sure on Friday. Yep, the journal has a mind of it's own, Thank Goodness! :popcorn:

:circle-of-love: To Miss J !

Lady Gaga is very much your style OMM. I do not doubt it a second! I'd see that movie.

Gotta confess, I've been reading the story anyway.

Hope you feel better man. Gotta wake up early, so enjoy your evening! :)

:yahoo: You know me too well Buddy! I'd love to see it too. :yahoo:

I knew you would read it. It's close to your story in allot of ways. :love:

Yep, the breathing is better now. See you Friday. Your scissors are ready. :ganjamon:

Hi GG7 ;)

That sounds like a good plan with the CFLs........I am totally with you, the more lumens the better. I am not a great DIY person, but I've made some strange CFL arrays that worked. I have two boxes of lights, cords, and shades, so who knows what ugly mess I'll make, but it will work. :)

A flood lit bath tub! Why not! It works!

I noticed under your name all the links you have to really good stuff. Thank Goodness you joined 420. You've made it even better! :clap::clap:

I run (2) 600hps in flr, but I have also built 2 separate CFL arrays I built.
1 is a (16) 23w 2700k for additional FLR room lumens and the other is a
(12) 23w 4 3500k and 8 5500k in my VEG area. I love them and they are cheap and if one goes out no big deal!!
I do have to say they work great as extra lumens!
Have a great day everyone
:peace:

Propa Gator:
like lyric from an old Elton John hit.
Egads! I hope I didn't plagiarize

OMM:
I have to go see that......Elton John Huh? You're usually so eloquent in your posts.

Thanks OMM, OK for an old stoner with attytood? I do try, but...

Elton John's songs are written by Bernie Taupin since 1967.
Just the bare, brilliant lyric. Genious :adore: He wrote "Candle in the Wind"

Sir Elton John is a kinky old perv, who gets on well with his peers.

Thanks OMM, OK for an old stoner with attytood? I do try, but...

Elton John's songs are written by Bernie Taupin since 1967.
Just the bare, brilliant lyric. Genious :adore: He wrote "Candle in the Wind"

Sir Elton John is a kinky old perv, who gets on well with his peers.

Hi Mr. Gator. :)

Buddy you are preaching to the choir. Mr. Taupin was/ is sher genius. For that matter so is Sir. John......he put those lyrics to music. I've seen Sir. John 7 times in concert....thank goodness he loves Hawaii. First time I saw him was at the Cow Place in SF years ago. Bennie and the Jets was a throw in on Yellow Brick Road.....and it made millions..ya never know. :) We could go on and on about that pair. I commend you for your good taste! ;)

America is playing out here next week.....I should go....nothing but senior citizens. :yahoo: (Stoners)

I run (2) 600hps in flr, but I have also built 2 separate CFL arrays I built.
1 is a (16) 23w 2700k for additional FLR room lumens and the other is a
(12) 23w 4 3500k and 8 5500k in my VEG area. I love them and they are cheap and if one goes out no big deal!!
I do have to say they work great as extra lumens!
Have a great day everyone
:peace:

That sounds great MS
:)

Can I ask a big favor of you? Could you post some pictures of your arrays?
Goshawk would be much better off by seeing yours.
Sorry to say I am not near as scientific as you are.......I just pile them in for a lumen total. In my first grow I had a 3x2x5 grow box with 40,000 lumens. Worked really well. Well, it was a bit warm in there! :yummy:
If it's too much trouble I understand. :yummy:

Excellent journal!...... stories are great and your plants look incredible!.......:goodjob:.......will you show how you set up your cfls, what you use, where to buy them, the spectrums and wattage etc with pictures?............................:morenutes:

Hi Goshawk :welcome:

I've asked MSquared to post his arrays for us. He is much more scientific about CFLs than I am. I just go for as many lumens as I can get in my space.
I do like the higher wattage ones.....300w, 200w, 150w, and lots of 100 watters. Like I said before.....I'm pretty bad at DIY stuff. Truthfully I probably will not get to the CFLs until I harvest the girls I have now. So much to do, so little time. :hmmmm::ganjamon:

Here is a very good link to how to use CFLs Properly, :yummy:

That should answer some of your questions and how to make arrays. :thumb:

Note: You can find the big ones at Home Depot or Lowes.

A picture update before THsea and I go in the tent with our Machetes swinging! :yahoo:

First an update on the Autos.....they are doing very well....getting taller by the day.

autos1.JPG

Here is inside the tent....not many leaves left. :)

DSCN30081.JPG

DSCN3005.JPG

DSCN3003.JPG

DSCN3001.JPG

Only the one's ready will come down....2 for sure. Seems like I've been growing these girls forever! Impatience again! :yahoo:

I'm not even gonna try to catch up......................I'll just say HI!!!!

Hi OMM!

Blueberry coming down? Mine only had the blueberry flavor for a little while, near the beginning. It still tasted good after that, but it didn't keep it forever. The funny thing is, I noticed it more on the inhale than the exhale if that makes sense. Your autos are sure looking good! Making some progress fast - hope these go great for you. Exciting that chop time is coming! :high-five:

Oh, and if you get time, I started a new journal - feel free to pop in when you get a moment (that goes for anyone here who is interested!):

Xlr8's "Flo N Gro" Hydro Multiple Strains 2011

Take care my friend! :)

Back
Top Bottom