OldMedMan Goes Indoors Part 2

Hey OMM, take that too big SAGE and cut it back/ prune/ make clones. Make her bend to your wishes. You could do a mini SCROG mounted to the pot to spread her out and keep her low.

Hey OMM, take that too big SAGE and cut it back/ prune/ make clones. Make her bend to your wishes. You could do a mini SCROG mounted to the pot to spread her out and keep her low.

Hey there OG13. Problem is we don't know it's gender. That would mean putting it in flower now and then re-vege. What would be best?

Hey there OG13. Problem is we don't know it's gender. That would mean putting it in flower now and then re-vege. What would be best?

Remember how they did it in the sea of green video you showed me? We can do that if you like... I'll take the cutting and throw it in 12/12. Once everything goes in the tent my closet will be a flower room.. Honestly, I should have done that before I brought it over. :)

With the sage, KH and the 3 kauai electrics (and we have 3 more of those seeds!)... we will probably have a male in there. As long as its not KH I'm good ;)

Jack O Nesia......
I really do like the sound of that.....
who doesn't L-O-V-E:love::circle-of-love::love: a Jack....
and I'm a big fan of everything Haze....'specially "Silver" "Utopia" and "Amnesia"......
What could go wrong?
The "A" family gave it 5 stars...
goood enough for me:thumb::thumb:
I'm doing a Chocolope order....DNA is promoing it right now.
Kharma (an unknown quantity to me) is offering some "5 leaf" goodness, like, Jack O Nesia and a couple others...............:Namaste:
I'm in

*****Liberty Haze is here :)
and my mug :)
Why do I already know I'm gonna love this one?
127 you say?
Thanks for the goal :high-five:
Damn I wish DOD would send my wife to Oceana...
watch what I wish for....
YOU heathens don't even have Gators
:Namaste:

I clone straight to flower to sex a plant, then toss it once sex is determined. It's one reason I built a separate flower box for my grows

I did want to add something to this.... Don't make my mistake of NOT NAME STAKING the clones........... I culled the wrong plant thinking the clone that showed male was from one plant, and it was actually from another plant. Remember "Epic Fail"?

Also, if you do get a male as THSea said, and you want to keep him for future breeding possibilities, one option for doing that is regular pruning back to keep him short until about 3-4 weeks before you're ready to collect some pollen. Then, stop pruning for that last 3-4 weeks to let him bush out, then flower him, and he'll go absolutely bananas! -pardon the pun, but it's quite literal. You could even take a clone or two on your last pruning to keep in veg, for another round.

I clone straight to flower to sex a plant, then toss it once sex is determined. It's one reason I built a separate flower box for my grows

Well, slap me up side my head! I have been watching you do that very thing!

I have a flower box that I can do the same thing in. Duh! :circle-of-love:

Remember how they did it in the sea of green video you showed me? We can do that if you like... I'll take the cutting and throw it in 12/12. Once everything goes in the tent my closet will be a flower room.. Honestly, I should have done that before I brought it over. :)

With the sage, KH and the 3 kauai electrics (and we have 3 more of those seeds!)... we will probably have a male in there. As long as its not KH I'm good ;)

Hey THsea! :high-five:

Right now I seem to be on mind overload.....not thinking to clearly...information is everywhere and I need to fit it all together. Seems like I'm pulled from all sides. Just can't do em all. Think I'll go sit in a corner somewhere! :circle-of-love:

Jack O Nesia......
I really do like the sound of that.....
who doesn't L-O-V-E:love::circle-of-love::love: a Jack....
and I'm a big fan of everything Haze....'specially "Silver" "Utopia" and "Amnesia"......
What could go wrong?
The "A" family gave it 5 stars...
goood enough for me:thumb::thumb:
I'm doing a Chocolope order....DNA is promoing it right now.
Kharma (an unknown quantity to me) is offering some "5 leaf" goodness, like, Jack O Nesia and a couple others...............:Namaste:
I'm in

*****Liberty Haze is here :)
and my mug :)
Why do I already know I'm gonna love this one?
127 you say?
Thanks for the goal :high-five:
Damn I wish DOD would send my wife to Oceana...
watch what I wish for....
YOU heathens don't even have Gators
:Namaste:

I love Jack Too! That sounds great! :high-five:

Haze? My Buddy THsea really loves Haze too.

You'll love the Chocolope if you haven't grown it before. It's been hard to get up until now. Good smoke with good med qualities too.

Yep, 127 a good goal to shoot for. :adore:

This next grow has been delayed a while because of some unavoidable things Jo and I have take care of first. More time to get ready in my eyes.

Yeah, watch what you wish for.:thumb:

Well we do have wild Razorbacks in the mountains around here..mean buggers too!

Your right unwashed heaterns :circle-of-love:

I did want to add something to this.... Don't make my mistake of NOT NAME STAKING the clones........... I culled the wrong plant thinking the clone that showed male was from one plant, and it was actually from another plant. Remember "Epic Fail"?

Also, if you do get a male as THSea said, and you want to keep him for future breeding possibilities, one option for doing that is regular pruning back to keep him short until about 3-4 weeks before you're ready to collect some pollen. Then, stop pruning for that last 3-4 weeks to let him bush out, then flower him, and he'll go absolutely bananas! -pardon the pun, but it's quite literal. You could even take a clone or two on your last pruning to keep in veg, for another round.

I remember the "Fail". Gulp! :lot-o-toke: I know the problems of not name tagging everything. :smokin:

The next grow has been delayed a while. Jo and I have some things we have to take care of first. Which is OK by me......I'm starting to get the sinking feeling of information overload. I need to sit down and sort through everything. The old mind, isn't what it once was. :thanks:

Hey chopper! If you wana look up chocolope, it used to be named "D-Line". OMM and i found that out when we kept coming up empty looking for it.

And hazes are awesome :)

Like Jandre2K said, take the clones to flower.....I like to know the sex before I commit a bunch of time, soil, light, nutes and space to a big plant. My first clone is when I top (UBT). I may wait a little long to UBT cause I want a big enough clone to be viable, it goes right under 12/12. That clone gets tossed once I know what it is (for plant count reasons). I will know sex before I have to transplant the "mother" to a bigger pot. I usually start seeds in a party cup. They may get topped or transplanted to a 1 gal pot, but won't go any bigger till I know what they are.

Like Jandre2K said, take the clones to flower.....I like to know the sex before I commit a bunch of time, soil, light, nutes and space to a big plant. My first clone is when I top (UBT). I may wait a little long to UBT cause I want a big enough clone to be viable, it goes right under 12/12. That clone gets tossed once I know what it is (for plant count reasons). I will know sex before I have to transplant the "mother" to a bigger pot. I usually start seeds in a party cup. They may get topped or transplanted to a 1 gal pot, but won't go any bigger till I know what they are.

OG13 Thank You!:thanks:

Well, I may as well be honest with you. I don't think I could handle making clones. I'm at the point in my life that I forget things. I write notes and all, but then forget where I put them. High or not. I'm also losing my stamina that got me this far. Finally got old.

I will continue to grow with seeds because they are easier for me to deal with. If it weren't for THsea's help I would probably grow one or two plants at a time.

I hope I haven't offended you, as your explanations and ideas were perfect as a way to keep things rolling along. OMM :Namaste:

Well, I may as well be honest with you. I don't think I could handle making clones. I'm at the point in my life that I forget things. I write notes and all, but then forget where I put them. High or not. I'm also losing my stamina that got me this far. Finally got old.

I will continue to grow with seeds because they are easier for me to deal with. If it weren't for THsea's help I would probably grow one or two plants at a time.

I hope I haven't offended you, as your explanations and ideas were perfect as a way to keep things rolling along. OMM :Namaste:

The only thing anyone could say to that is this: "What is best for you is best." I would only add that I couldn't do it... I couldn't wait all that time and spend the energy, both mine and electrical, to find out I had been lavishing a plant with the best I can give, only to find that it's a male, and I could have been using the space and energies for meds.

Well, I may as well be honest with you. I don't think I could handle making clones. I'm at the point in my life that I forget things....

My memory is still perfect - it just doesn't last as long! :)

I forget what i ate the night before, really bad with remembering to do anything if i didn't have post its and my trusty note book id be lost...

How about raising your grow room so there is no bending down hey you could even just sit there and tend to your garden, i do not like working off the floor and everything is at least a foot off the ground makes life so much easier!

:thumb:

I forget what i ate the night before, really bad with remembering to do anything if i didn't have post its and my trusty note book id be lost...

How about raising your grow room so there is no bending down hey you could even just sit there and tend to your garden, i do not like working off the floor and everything is at least a foot off the ground makes life so much easier!

:thumb:

YUP! Mine's 20" off the floor. I sit in a chair to look at/ take pics of my ladies.

The only thing anyone could say to that is this: "What is best for you is best." I would only add that I couldn't do it... I couldn't wait all that time and spend the energy, both mine and electrical, to find out I had been lavishing a plant with the best I can give, only to find that it's a male, and I could have been using the space and energies for meds.

I have to agree jandre. Female seeds are perfect for me. The SAGE I have is a cutting and that is the only unknown I have. It won't take long in flower to find out what it is. I have a ton of seeds to keep me in buds for many grows.
Your a good friend Buddy! :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom