Old G's New Auto Grow

Tell you what if I got spider mites on these plants I’d be screwed. It was hard enough on one but 4 , I think it’s cold enough here they die or hibernate

CEBEAD00-72E7-4675-85CF-D6D3DA141BC9.jpeg

AA14E4E2-E409-487D-B813-55784B18F701.jpeg

Day 31 leaves are turning yellow on one plant, too much nitrogen I’m thinking

C3DC69E8-6161-4E5A-8FC5-091D217F87FE.jpeg

5B886972-CA4F-43CB-BF65-2F60FF687E75.jpeg
Hey @Old g how are you this morning.
It actually looks similar to a nitrogen def.
Are you in soil?
Are you letting dry properly in between?
Following feed chart for your nutrients?
Stay safe.
Bill

Hey @Old g how are you this morning.
It actually looks similar to a nitrogen def.
Are you in soil?
Are you letting dry properly in between?
Following feed chart for your nutrients?
Stay safe.
Bill
I used FFFrog which has bat guano and worm castings in it, I put bat guano I had on it and I was using grow big from FF. My last feed was a bloom feed. I’m watering 1litre every other day.Too much water maybe, what do u think, it’s def not a def

I used FFFrog which has bat guano and worm castings in it, I put bat guano I had on it and I was using grow big from FF. My last feed was a bloom feed. I’m watering 1litre every other day.Too much water maybe, what do u think, it’s def not a def
Too much water can cause a def regardless of the amount going in.
You need to wait till she is bone dry before rewatering.
Could take 3 days or more.
Feed her let her dry right out.
Then plain ph'd water, let her dry right out.
Then feed again, dry.
Water,dry
Feed,dry.........
Your roots are getting waterlogged I'm afraid.
3-4 days in-between.
Stay safe.
Bill

They are looking good apart from the yellowing

848DD7F2-0EA6-4CB4-84E5-2E3E7B0E06F9.png

E43DB03A-0380-4A87-BF32-12E82D225CA8.jpeg
Your doing good, just make sure to wait before rewatering.
Dry enough to let air into the roots.
Next run cloth bags will help.
Those pots aren't the best for them. :Namaste:
Cloth doesn't trap water and let's air into your roots.
Stay safe.
Bill

I honestly can't imagine a plant that size growing that fast in that small of a pot taking 3 days to use up water.
If anything id say it may be getting root bound.
And fabric pots would definitely be better, the roots air prune instead of twisting around, you get a far superior root system.

You got a lot of plant on top of a tiny little root system in a hard sided pot.

I honestly can't imagine a plant that size growing that fast in that small of a pot taking 3 days to use up water.
If anything id say it may be getting root bound.
And fabric pots would definitely be better, the roots air prune instead of twisting around, you get a far superior root system.
He was pouring in a liter every other day.
I thought they needed a dry cycle as they never get air that way.
Might be worth slipping out of the pot to see how they are?
What do you think?
Stay safe.
Bill

He was pouring in a liter every other day.
I thought they needed a dry cycle as they never get air that way.
Might be worth slipping out of the pot to see how they are?
What do you think?
Stay safe.
Bill
Yep, should just pop right out.
If a plant is growing good , even if he were in 7 gallon fabric it could be dry as a bone in hours not days.
My last grow I had a little 7 gallon fabric pot squeezed along side my regular pots and I had to water it to run off twice per day and it was still bone dry every morning.

His space is limited for bigger pots or I am sure he would have them in there by now. I think it's the pots not expanding enough for his roots

I think if he overwatered they would be drooping more...

His space is limited for bigger pots or I am sure he would have them in there by now. I think it's the pots not expanding enough for his roots

I think if he overwatered they would be drooping more...
Yes it's tight for space.
Can you pop one out of the pot and see if it's root bound in the plastic?
I still think it's got an issue from watering every other day.
Stay safe.
Bill

Yes it's tight for space.
Can you pop one out of the pot and see if it's root bound in the plastic?
I still think it's got an issue from watering every other day.
Stay safe.
Bill
Now that I just noticed that the pots are really small, too, yes, I would have to agree Bill. That's a lot of water for a little pot...I want to give him these extra I have so he can get better tomatoes moving forward....

Without the ability/space to put them in larger pots they have reached the end of the proverbial road.
About all thats left is palliative care.
Thats true...I was hoping that we could shove em in a different pot but he is flowering or pre flowering already...his next grow he will be more set up from the beginning. He's done so well with what he has

In a very tight space it is possible to use bigger pots but put two plants in each so they just share the root space, especially with 60 day autos (I know, more like 70-80 every time lol)
I've put two autos in a 5L (1 UK Gal/1.5 US Gal) pot with no problems other than them taking a hell of a lot of water
If you cut to leave just a couple of main colas on each plant the yield per sq ft is virtually doubled
I've also done lazy grows before - just lay down a bag of compost and stick three seeds in - zero fuss

In a very tight space it is possible to use bigger pots but put two plants in each so they just share the root space, especially with 60 day autos (I know, more like 70-80 every time lol)
I've put two autos in a 5L (1 UK Gal/1.5 US Gal) pot with no problems other than them taking a hell of a lot of water
If you cut to leave just a couple of main colas on each plant the yield per sq ft is virtually doubled
I've also done lazy grows before - just lay down a bag of compost and stick three seeds in - zero fuss
Grow, have you potted 2 in 1? Do you have pics? I'd love to see!

Grow, have you potted 2 in 1? Do you have pics? I'd love to see!
dsc_0110-jpg.2405865

4 colas per plant, 2 x Lemon Kush Auto 70 days from seed in a 4.8L pot
There are more pics in last year's journo

Without the ability/space to put them in larger pots they have reached the end of the proverbial road.
About all thats left is palliative care.

@Nunyabiz is correct
he's rootbound likely and feeding direct to root now. it's possible to do but not in a clay pot.

@Growings what was your media in that pic ?

note the air holes. with enough oxygen at the roots the plant air prunes better, and won't suffer the same if it gets bound. it's the same principle behind the cloth pots. it's how you get a larger plant.

Back
Top Bottom