Noobs First Grow - First In Ten Years

Thanks everyone for the advice. I know I need to defoliate. I have been. But the leaves grow back so darn fast. I think I'm a little apprehensive taking too many leaves because it seems wrong. I will get in there tonight and see what I can do. I have a box full of leaves that I have already taken. Lol

Thanks everyone for the advice. I know I need to defoliate. I have been. But the leaves grow back so darn fast. I think I'm a little apprehensive taking too many leaves because it seems wrong. I will get in there tonight and see what I can do. I have a box full of leaves that I have already taken. Lol

Yes, Noob you are correct...it is wrong , and when we do it , Brix drops off some , but that's OK right now. The idea is to get rid of all the crap below so that energy goes into the good stuff up top. We like to shoot for about 12-18" of canopy thickness...know what i mean....below that , the buds are usually very fluffy, thin etc. in our crowded GR'ms.After they get thick up top i like to prune (please use this word...and not defoliate OK...) some of the big shade fans off...but not all...just the one's hiding good bud sites just below them....got it. Ya they grow back pretty fast but it works well....we all do some type of this pruning along the way.Cheers my brotha Noob!:high-five:
Oh ya , almost forgot Noob...take all those leaves ya pruned off and toss them into your soil thats cooking....put them under a bit of soil with a pinch of "Roots"....if ya check on them in about a week...all those leaves will be gone...eaten up ....great stuff!

Yes, Noob you are correct...it is wrong , and when we do it , Brix drops off some , but that's OK right now. The idea is to get rid of all the crap below so that energy goes into the good stuff up top. We like to shoot for about 12-18" of canopy thickness...know what i mean....below that , the buds are usually very fluffy, thin etc. in our crowded GR'ms.After they get thick up top i like to prune (please use this word...and not defoliate OK...) some of the big shade fans off...but not all...just the one's hiding good bud sites just below them....got it. Ya they grow back pretty fast but it works well....we all do some type of this pruning along the way.Cheers my brotha Noob!:high-five:

I have been pruning (you like that? :)) the lower parts of the plants. I should take pictures. I take everything that's new from down under. I have been taking a fan leaf here and there to expose the middle of the plant. Seems like it's all back the next day. I also take all the three leaf ones. My sativas are harder because the fan leaves don't get too big.

Be bold! Fortes fortuna adiuvat!!

I have been pruning (you like that? :)) the lower parts of the plants. I should take pictures. I take everything that's new from down under. I have been taking a fan leaf here and there to expose the middle of the plant. Seems like it's all back the next day. I also take all the three leaf ones. My sativas are harder because the fan leaves don't get too big.

Try and not take too many off Ok...big healthy fans really contribute to the overall health of the plant and are massive sugar producers.The only ones i prune off (after the bottom stuff) are the ones shading bud sites all the time. Have an awesome night my brotha!:circle-of-love:

UPDATE

I took out one of my plants to prune it. As I was bending one of the smaller branches to get it to go where I wanted, I heard a snap. Ouch. I finished pruning and then looked at the snapped stem. It looked like a perfect clone specimen. I hadn't planned on cloning tonight but I didn't want to waste this chance. I dropped the stem in some water and quickly got all of my cloning supplies together. I soaked my grow plugs and poured my Clonex cloning gel into a small glass. Then I cut the stem at a 45 degree angle and shaved it a bit, dipped the stem in the cloning gel, and put it into the soaked grow plug. I used a piece of another grow plug to make the clone nice and snug in its new home. I don't even know if I chose the right cuttings but I enjoyed the process.
I repeated the process on 5 other plants, along with some pruning. I decided not to take a clone from the runt and the other NL that seems to be having problems. What do you guys think?

All of my seedling have sprouted. I had to help the OG Kush babies get rid of their shells.

Some pictures:

The Seedlings

image12287.jpeg

image12288.jpeg

image12289.jpeg

image12290.jpeg

image12291.jpeg

The Clones

image12292.jpeg

image12293.jpeg

image12294.jpeg

The rest of the garden. It doesn't look like it but I took a lot of leaves off of those plants

image12295.jpeg

image12296.jpeg

image12297.jpeg

image12299.jpeg

image12298.jpeg

Thanks for checking it out guys!! :roorrip::roorrip::roorrip:

I sure hope so old school. I'm thinking I might have to take a few more clones due to some already slumping over. We shall see

My bubble cloner they all seem to do that for a day or two then would stand back up and be fine. still would take awhile to root but look better after a day or two...

Just sayin

FE

These are regular seeds, nis. I have no idea which ones are girls yet. Since I only cloned 2 of the NL, I'm hoping at least one of them is female. I'm keeping these plants in veg for another 10 days or so. That way if I have to take another clone due to any of these dying, I can take one before throwing them in the tent. I hope I'm not biting off more than I can chew here. Thanks for checking it out nis. I hope my harvest is as awesome as you and Canna's

You keep going like this and there'll be a second tent showing up someday. :laughtwo: Looking great Noob, all the represented stages are apparently happy with you, and now you're cloning. It's a fast learning curve around here and you're a quick study. Oh the fun we're gonna have with you come harvest. :laughtwo:

You keep going like this and there'll be a second tent showing up someday. :laughtwo: Looking great Noob, all the represented stages are apparently happy with you, and now you're cloning. It's a fast learning curve around here and you're a quick study. Oh the fun we're gonna have with you come harvest. :laughtwo:

I know it looks like I know what I'm doing, but I'm still a noob who is very nervous. :cheesygrinsmiley: I find that it's just easier to jump in and just do it instead of analyzing every little step of the process. I couldn't be this successful if it weren't for this community. I can't say that enough.

Well 4x4grow, it seems you've gone overboard! In a good way obviously, your garden has become quite a sight. I've been absent from here of late, lots of great posts lately.

I took my clones since I was cutting out some of the crammed central canopy's lower shoots. I kept throwing it out like popcorn until a few where bug enough to clone. And Voila I've got 3 Ellabella clones now. Don't lose faith in them, it may take a while.

Things are looking good around here brother, KIG :green_heart:

Have one of these while you're here :volcano-smiley:

Everything is looking swell mate! I'm off to go edit my update video ;)

Thanks Growlow. Your video was awesome brotha!

Yea they slump for sure..but keep takin them..just incase they don't make it..hell there free..

Yeah, I realized that the clones were kind of cramped so I got the bigger humidity dome and also a bigger tray so I can take even more clones. Keeping track of them is what's hard. I have a piece of tape in my closet that says what each one is. Hope I don't get them mixed up down the road. They look like they are going to be ok. fingers crossed.

Well 4x4grow, it seems you've gone overboard! In a good way obviously, your garden has become quite a sight. I've been absent from here of late, lots of great posts lately.

I took my clones since I was cutting out some of the crammed central canopy's lower shoots. I kept throwing it out like popcorn until a few where bug enough to clone. And Voila I've got 3 Ellabella clones now. Don't lose faith in them, it may take a while.

Things are looking good around here brother, KIG :green_heart:

Things have changed quickly. That's for sure. They are about to change even more. The big plants are going in the tent in the next week or so. I hope to take some more clones before then. I am thinking I might have to scrog these beasts. What do you think buddy?

Thanks for checking it out guys :roorrip:

Back
Top Bottom