Noobs First Grow - First In Ten Years

Good afternoon everyone. My new seeds, OG Kush 1&2 and Carnival 1&2, have sprouted little tails so I gently placed them in some soil so they can stretch their legs.

image12068.jpeg

I knew I was going to need some new soil for this next grow because it will involve seeds and clones. I could have went with Fox Farm Happy Frog and Ocean Forest again but I wanted to try another medium so I could really compare. Yesterday, I bought my bale of ProMix BX.

image12069.jpeg

I tried to get the Earthworm Castings at my local garden center but they were out. So, I went out this morning and got the rest of the ingredients.

image12070.jpeg

image12071.jpeg

image12072.jpeg

Then I had to mix in then magical ingredient (I didn't add any of the liquid but I like the little bottles)

image12073.jpeg

image12074.jpeg

The finished product

image12076.jpeg

image12078.jpeg

Man, let me tell you... That was hard mixing all that up at once. I used my mini pitch fork to turn the soil over and over until I had it mixed really good. But then you have to add water to get the soil moist. That is where the work out came. I was huffing and puffing like my old playing days. I had to take a few breaks in between bins but I got it done. Once I finally had it mixed to the consistency I wanted, I got in there with my hands and really made sure it was all mixed in. I need a nap

Nice work N4x4! Best decision ever. You are going to be so pleased!! We DBHBB are like the Borg. You will be assimilated haha. But assimilated into a system that grows awesome buds and flavors while allowing your individual expression to take place!

Yes!! Very well said Shiggs...my brotha..."like the Borg!!" Now there's a comparison ...i like it. Noob, you did a fantastic job mixing,...next time , if you can , do it as i suggested , with a tarp , flat shovel, etc.It just makes it a little easier, ...but that being said, as Shiggs, i'm so glad we have assimilated you...welcome aboard my brotha! I'm stoked! When you see how easy and fun it is with Doc's gear , you will help us assimilate others....muahahaha...:slide: Make sure and keep those totes nice and warm , OK!:thumb:

Sent from my DeLorean...in the future! :blunt:

Good afternoon everyone. My new seeds, OG Kush 1&2 and Carnival 1&2, have sprouted little tails so I gently placed them in some soil so they can stretch their legs.

image12068.jpeg

I knew I was going to need some new soil for this next grow because it will involve seeds and clones. I could have went with Fox Farm Happy Frog and Ocean Forest again but I wanted to try another medium so I could really compare. Yesterday, I bought my bale of ProMix BX.

image12069.jpeg

I tried to get the Earthworm Castings at my local garden center but they were out. So, I went out this morning and got the rest of the ingredients.

image12070.jpeg

image12071.jpeg

image12072.jpeg

Then I had to mix in then magical ingredient (I didn't add any of the liquid but I like the little bottles)

image12073.jpeg

image12074.jpeg

The finished product

image12076.jpeg

image12078.jpeg

That looks about right... Haha that's what my mixing station looks like. Way to go 4x4grow, you're becoming a true soiless-mix master..

KiG :green_heart:

Hey noob..see ur going to do some experimenting with a new soil mix..
Man I thought you finally got what u were using figured out..
I would have suggested to stick with what u know now but I'm sure ur gonna get great help cause I nothing about any of the soil or pro mix..
I shall be a spectator on this one..maybe ill learn more from it..you got a couple of pros to help you with that route.
Growem BIG!!!
Subbed..
Ps. Thanks again !!

Here we go Noob. :high-five:

Wasn't that fun? I mixed mine in half batches and used a gardening trowel. :laughtwo: I ever mix up more I'll buy a small spade.

A month from now the magic begins.

Nice work N4x4! Best decision ever. You are going to be so pleased!! We DBHBB are like the Borg. You will be assimilated haha. But assimilated into a system that grows awesome buds and flavors while allowing your individual expression to take place!

Thanks, Shiggity. I'm just glad I have other things to do while this soil cooks.

Yes!! Very well said Shiggs...my brotha..."like the Borg!!" Now there's a comparison ...i like it. Noob, you did a fantastic job mixing,...next time , if you can , do it as i suggested , with a tarp , flat shovel, etc.It just makes it a little easier, ...but that being said, as Shiggs, i'm so glad we have assimilated you...welcome aboard my brotha! I'm stoked! When you see how easy and fun it is with Doc's gear , you will help us assimilate others....muahahaha...:slide: Make sure and keep those totes nice and warm , OK!:thumb:

Sent from my DeLorean...in the future! :blunt:

Yeah, I can see why mixing it all in one would be better and easier. I think I'm going to look for a used cement mixer for my next mixes. The totes are in the room next to the tent. Very excited about this new beginning.

Aww yea, beating me to the Hi Brix, I'm excited for you! That's exactly how I mix my mushroom food - in a big bin. I find it easiest to roll up the sleeves and hand mix it from the start.

I've had the kit for a little while now. I just made a decision to just go for it. I think I'm going to find a used cement mixer. If I can't, using your hands and arms is so much easier. I agree with you.

That looks about right... Haha that's what my mixing station looks like. Way to go 4x4grow, you're becoming a true soiless-mix master..

KiG :green_heart:

I was mixing in my grow room in one big tote. Luckily I have hard wood floors because I made a mess.

Hey noob..see ur going to do some experimenting with a new soil mix..
Man I thought you finally got what u were using figured out..
I would have suggested to stick with what u know now but I'm sure ur gonna get great help cause I nothing about any of the soil or pro mix..
I shall be a spectator on this one..maybe ill learn more from it..you got a couple of pros to help you with that route.
Growem BIG!!!
Subbed..
Ps. Thanks again !!

I'm still going to be checking out what your doing. I wanted to try high brix for a while. Hope you check out my new journal when I start it. I won't start it until I actually put these plants and my clones in the cooked soil.

Here we go Noob. :high-five:

Wasn't that fun? I mixed mine in half batches and used a gardening trowel. :laughtwo: I ever mix up more I'll buy a small spade.

A month from now the magic begins.

Thanks Sue. :hug: I wouldn't call it fun but it was satisfying as hell. The pitch fork I use is actually about 3/4 normal size. It really worked good. You can spin the pitchfork like a clothes washer.
Can't wait. I will be starting a new journal when it's cooked. I hope you and everyone here will join me there as well.

Hope everyone is having a great Saturday evening. Thanks for checking it out. :roorrip:

I use 15 gallon totes and kneel on the floor next to it, up to my elbows in the soil, churning it in a series of loving embraces. You have to gently shift it through the arms as they drag in cross directions on the return to keep from spilling it in a container that restricted. You may think I'm crazy working like that but I'm intimately acquainted with my soil and I've infused it all with loving intention.

It works for me. Kinda like that quirky watering method I employ. The plants are happy. :laughtwo: I'm happy. :love:

I use 15 gallon totes and kneel on the floor next to it, up to my elbows in the soil, churning it in a series of loving embraces. You have to gently shift it through the arms as they drag in cross directions on the return to keep from spilling it in a container that restricted. You may think I'm crazy working like that but I'm intimately acquainted with my soil and I've infused it all with loving intention.

It works for me. Kinda like that quirky watering method I employ. The plants are happy. :laughtwo: I'm happy. :love:

I know what you mean about connecting to nature. I can feel it when I mix the soil by hand

Looking good noob! We have been thinking about doing the kit for a couple weeks now. After seeing the loads of success everyone is having with it, how could you not do it? :thumb:

Oh on a side note, on Friday night we watched gran torino. Thanks for the suggestion, it made for a good chuckle.

Back
Top Bottom