Noobs First Grow - First In Ten Years

Looking amazing in there 4x4grow! I like the different strategies you've employed. It's the best way to learn how, I think You'll be happy with all of them in a couple weeks. I bet they're already shooting out from the bottom.. Right?

Good work brother... KiG :green_heart:cheers

Thanks Snid! Once I realized that all I was doing with these plants are sexing and then looking for phenos. Why not experiment with some other things to get a feel for it as well. The clones are really what I want.

Yep thats what i though knoob, Im just worried im using my filter wrong and they why i get a little wiff of you know what now and then,

Yep thats what i though knoob, Im just worried im using my filter wrong and they why i get a little wiff of you know what now and then,

cmay!...as Noob said,...never push air thru these filters,...they are not designed for that. Bolt the fan to the filter with a gasket in between and as few turns and 90's. in the duct work as possible. Done like this with the fan on 75-80% of max. , they work great , for a long time.Keep the pre-filter clean , and don't have it running when you sweep up and or create alot of dust....it will only shorten it's life. The longer the smelly air is in contact with the carbon....the better....so don't have the fan screaming away , thinking it's doing a better job,....cuz it aint. The fan will last longer (mainly bearings) and run a little quieter as well....:thumb:Cheers cmay and Noob....you've heard me say all this already, right?:high-five:

Hey cmay
Always pull air through your carbon scrubbers unless you have one that allows for air to be pushed through is my understanding. If you pull the air through the filter with the filter being in the tent, you are guaranteeing no odor escapes the room. Even if there are leaks in the line out somewhere, the air has already been cleaned. But if you push air out of the room then through a scrubber, and there are any leaks what so ever, odor will leak out. Just my understanding of the subject. Others could chime in and over rule me as I am still a noob.

Actually with this set up (filter-ducting-fan) you have to take the utmost care not to have any leaks. Think of it this way. The air enters the filter then goes into a duct and possibly cool tube etc., then out of the tent. If there are any leaks past the filter in the ducting, it will suck in air that is not filtered.

If the fan is inside and pushes air to an outside filter then yes you can be right.

My solution is to have a filter and fan inside my room just filtering circulated air. I have a separate fan that pulls air out of the room. It is attached to an inline box filter that cleans the hot air and sends it outside. So it goes lights-ducts-room wall-in line box filter-fan-duct-outside. Or in winter it just circulates air in the basement. The inline filter is key. I love it and the flat cassettes inside are easy to empty and refill. But this way the air is prescrubbed in the room and then the last thing the air hits before being blown outside is the air filter and then the fan. As long as I maintain the seal from filter to fan no smell will exit with the exhaust.

I might be overdoing it a bit but it gets hot where I live in the summer. I'm on the second floor too so even warmer than my basement. So I have a fan for my lights and a fan for the tent. Just to be safe.

I don't think you're overdoing it at all. Better to have too much power and the option to turn it down than to find yourself with too little climate control or filtering power at a critical time.

Good afternoon Noob. :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug: :kisstwo:

Good afternoon Sue!! :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug: My thoughts exactly. I just hooked it up the way duggan told me to. I tried not to have any bends but some are inevitable. I'm hoping my central air can keep that room cool in the summer. I put panda film white side out over my south facing window hoping to reflect some of the sun and also keep the light out the room. Just trying to be proactive.

Mornin Noob...about the fan/filter stuff...now that ya know all this info....your a bright person , so you will be able to put it all together...ya just have to think a minute ...what your doing and want to accomplish, once you get it all going it's worry free until ya need to change the pre-filter, and that's easy , so.... have an awesome day Noob!

Mornin Noob...about the fan/filter stuff...now that ya know all this info....your a bright person , so you will be able to put it all together...ya just have to think a minute ...what your doing and want to accomplish, once you get it all going it's worry free until ya need to change the pre-filter, and that's easy , so.... have an awesome day Noob!

Morning duggan. I already have the ventilation hooked up thanks to you and others in the community.

image11158.jpeg

image11159.jpeg

image11160.jpeg

The closet is running at 3-4 degrees above ambient. The tent will be a little higher. When I tested with no plants in the tent it was around 7 degrees above ambient with both fans going. I keep my house at 72 all day long so I think I should be ok until the temps outside start climbing. Might have to look into some LED for the summer and I can use the HPS in winter and spring.

I bought a replacement pre-filter when I ordered the Can filter.

Thanks for all your help duggan. Hope you have a relaxing Sunday brotha

Morning duggan. I already have the ventilation hooked up thanks to you and others in the community.

image11158.jpeg

image11159.jpeg

image11160.jpeg

The closet is running at 3-4 degrees above ambient. The tent will be a little higher. When I tested with no plants in the tent it was around 7 degrees above ambient with both fans going. I keep my house at 72 all day long so I think I should be ok until the temps outside start climbing. Might have to look into some LED for the summer and I can use the HPS in winter and spring.

I bought a replacement pre-filter when I ordered the Can filter.

Thanks for all your help duggan. Hope you have a relaxing Sunday brotha

Yes, it all looks proper....The fan/filter location is pretty much perfect and will serve you well for a long time. Have you got them on a speed control Noob? Everthing looks good anyhow and sounds like you have a good plan for summer /spring /winter with the use of H.I.D. in the colder months, it works very well doing it that way. Cheers Noob, and thanks eh!:volcano-smiley:

I have a question for all you amazing seasoned growers. In my first ever grow day 37 of flower have about 17 days left or so. Older fan leaves are dying up on top of the main cola yet everything below that looms green and very healthy. Is this normal?

Sent from my iPhone using 420

I have a question for all you amazing seasoned growers. In my first ever grow day 37 of flower have about 17 days left or so. Older fan leaves are dying up on top of the main cola yet everything below that looms green and very healthy. Is this normal?

Sent from my iPhone using 420

Sounds like bleaching from the lights. Either slightly elevated heat or just a lil dry up there. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom