Noobs First Grow - First In Ten Years

Well done. :high-five:

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

:passitleft: I figured, end of the day, kick back for a few. Just chill. :passitleft:

:passitleft: Thank you for that.

Mornin Noob, everything looks good pal! Your choice of strains was a smart one,....the NL will not let you down and is a premium strain that will NEVER dissapoint. It's history is already written as a stable, strong , easy to grow Indica...you will like it for taste and effect too!Cheers Noob, have a great Sat. bud!:thumb:

I have always wanted to try Northern Lights. I can't believe with all the bud I've smoked over the years that I have never tasted one of the time tested greats. It is supposed to be very forgiving too. The C99 is supposed to smell like pineapples in one of it's phenos. Thank for stopping by Duggan.

Hang on to that extra tray. You're gonna need it later!

I have 20 of those trays. I'm hoping to be in big enough pots by the end tat I won't even be able to use the trays anymore.

I have a problem. This plant, the plant that my son pulled out of the soil, has some irregular coloring on its lower leaves. I am uploading a few pictures so the community could help me to determine my plan of action. For now, I plan to treat the plant as I am the others. I am waiting for the pots to be dry before I water with pH adjusted water, especially now since I transplanted in new soil.

Here is the plant:

image10446.jpeg

My tap water comes out at 7.6 I know there are buffers in the soil that is supposed to correct no matter what pH water you put in the soil. But don't all the nutrients the plant needs fall between 5.5 and 6.8? I just figured I would pH the water to around 6.7 to keep it in that range to make sure they are getting what they need just in case something happens.

EXACTLY...you have to ph the water coming out at 7.6..for sure..As for your plant that got pulled..just let it grow out of it..probally nothin. .ive. had lots of those..just let it do its thing..
keeep up the great work..
My tap water comes out at 7.6 I know there are buffers in the soil that is supposed to correct no matter what pH water you put in the soil. But don't all the nutrients the plant needs fall between 5.5 and 6.8? I just figured I would pH the water to around 6.7 to keep it in that range to make sure they are getting what they need just in case something happens.

OK now the tent is here, all systems... grow! Nice 4x4tent, 4x4grow. hoo hah! That's gonna be a big part of your success on this one. Congrats bro. :high-five:

What are you Ph'ing your water with? Do you nutes drop it down much?

KiG :green_heart:cheers

Hey Snid. Yeah.. I'm stoked about the tent. I'm hoping I can grow lots of awesome bud in it, with the community's help. I have a cheap pH pen, not balling like you yet with your bluelabs pens. lol

I forgot to answer your nute question, Snid. I add what little nutrients I am adding right now in before I add any pH down. The GH RapidStart actually brings the pH down a bit so I don't have to add but a drop or two of pH down to a gallon of water. I'm sure when I start using calmag and iguana juice and molasses, the pH will have to be adjusted more.

that might be a disease like tmv. hopefully it grows out of it. good idea waiting for the soil to dry before watering. that'll allow its roots to strengthen and hopefully it'll bounce back.

Evenin Noob, how's all brotha...you should get some "kit" soil cooking....right now! It's very easy and very reliable with outstanding results every time! Our ph meter is a rake....Ziggs a rake!.(gang member inserts pic of rake...here.........).as long as your water falls within reason you don't adjust it. With that sad plant ...leave it alone and only give it H2O....nothing else , that soil youv'e got her in there , has plenty of everything in it for her at this stage. As mentioned , just let her dry out ...but not too dry , then give her straight water OK. this will give her the best chance....keep any light away from her ...don't blast her with it right now. cheers ...game's on.

Evenin Noob, how's all brotha...you should get some "kit" soil cooking....right now! It's very easy and very reliable with outstanding results every time! Our ph meter is a rake....Ziggs a rake!.(gang member inserts pic of rake...here.........).as long as your water falls within reason you don't adjust it. With that sad plant ...leave it alone and only give it H2O....nothing else , that soil youv'e got her in there , has plenty of everything in it for her at this stage. As mentioned , just let her dry out ...but not too dry , then give her straight water OK. this will give her the best chance....keep any light away from her ...don't blast her with it right now. cheers ...game's on.

I have the kit. I just need to get some extra worm castings and a bale of promix. Kind of hard to justify to the GF spending more money on soil when I have a bunch in my room. lol I planned to get some cooking when I put these plants in the tent for flower. As for now, I think I might just move the infected plant off to the side like you said and only give the water. Thanks for helping me out duggan

It could just fix itself as well. I have had some wonky seedlings straighten out and grow some beautiful leaves and buds. If it doesn't then just cull it.

Wonky... one of my favorite words. I used to think it was made up. Thanks for the advice. I will keep an eye on it. losing one plant is better than losing 8

I hope not either but life has a way of kicking you sometimes. I had tmv on one of my plants and I had to scrap it. you can try making a garlic spray and spraying it daily for a week or two.

Back
Top Bottom