Noobs First Grow - First In Ten Years

Morning Noob. :hug: Nice shot. I like the greens you picked up. Catching the reflection was genius if it was planned, and impressive if it was instinctual. Either way...... :high-five:

Good luck with that Kyu. I have read many a grow journal that ended because the wife found out. lol
And that is why I am happy to have mine on this site with me. Reduced a ton of stress. The kids know we smoke...and the oldest son may have an idea about the grow. Going to have to get another safe to hold all of the buds lol

Just a small picture update today. I'm really just playing with a new lense. ;)

image10151.jpeg
Looks to me like a wide angle lens or a fish eye lens. Looks pretty cool. Like sue said, the reflection looks awesome. And sorry about all of the posts, I guess that's what happens when I do some catching up.

Morning Noob. :hug: Nice shot. I like the greens you picked up. Catching the reflection was genius if it was planned, and impressive if it was instinctual. Either way...... :high-five:

That's funny you mentioned that. I was trying to get an even better shot with all of the plants and the mirrors but some of them aren't tall enough. lol Thank you for the compliment. :hug:

And that is why I am happy to have mine on this site with me. Reduced a ton of stress. The kids know we smoke...and the oldest son may have an idea about the grow. Going to have to get another safe to hold all of the buds lol

Yeah, there was no way I was pulling the wool over my GF eyes. She's way too smart for that. I have been in negotiations for this grow for well over a year. lol

Dude beard oil is awesome. Canna Montana makes mine. I'll have her send you the recipe. It's made mine grow faster and thicker. Right now I could live in the mountains with my beard lol. Smells like peppermint also.

Thanks Nismo! Learn all sorts of things on this site.

Looks to me like a wide angle lens or a fish eye lens. Looks pretty cool. Like sue said, the reflection looks awesome. And sorry about all of the posts, I guess that's what happens when I do some catching up.

Wide angle. I have a big Nikon that I paid a lot of money for 6 or 7 years ago. I have lenses and filters galore. However, phone camera technology has come a long way and I can get just near what my Nikon can do with my phone and a lens kit. Not as cumbersome either.

In a 30 ml glass bottle fill 3/4 full of Jojoba oil. add 15 drops of Cedar Wood Oil, 15 drops of stress away oil, 15 drops of peppermint oil, then top off with almond oil. I like to use pure essential oils from a friend of mine. (She's a direct sales rep)

Wow! Thank you for the recipe. Where did you get this or come up with this recipe, Canna?

Wow! Thank you for the recipe. Where did you get this or come up with this recipe, Canna?
Nismo and I work in the same field. We were talking to a co-worker with one of those full beautiful looking beards, and he said his wife makes the beard oil for him. It is supposed to help soften and grow the beard. He gave us a bottle of it, and the recipe for the oil. I've been making it for nismo since. I've even made it for other co-workers. They really like it. Smells great also.

Nismo and I work in the same field. We were talking to a co-worker with one of those full beautiful looking beards, and he said his wife makes the beard oil for him. It is supposed to help soften and grow the beard. He gave us a bottle of it, and the recipe for the oil. I've been making it for nismo since. I've even made it for other co-workers. They really like it. Smells great also.

Very cool, Canna. Does the oil make that much of a difference?

Update:
Day 7-11 for the plants this morning. They are sucking up the water in the cow pots (which I will never use again). They were dry last night but I decided to wait until morning to check. I took my Ambien a little late last night and my GF was back from her business trip so I didn't sleep well. I slept in a little late and had to get my son up first. I went to see his smiling face greeting me as I opened the door. I thought... I'll just take him in my room to check on the plants. It won't be a big deal.

Holding my son, I opened the door to the closet and checked a few pots. They were bone dry. On the plus side, my ventilation in the closet is 1 degree above ambient right now with the T5 on. I decided, stupidly looking back on it, to go ahead and water the plants. I went to the hall and closed the doors I didn't want my son to go in and left his room open and mine open. I thought he would hang out in daddy's room and maybe play with the guitars or play in his room. I set him down. Big mistake.

I was trying to promote root growth by flipping my tray upside down and setting the pots on top. I figured they would get more air and... you know... roots. Anyways, I had to transfer them to another tray to water them so water wouldn't go all over my grow closet. This whole time, my son has been running laps in my room touching everything and isn't even paying attention to what I was doing. I got the plants transferred and set them down on a tray at my son's eye level (2 ft). I turned to check to see if there was anything on my chair. When I turned around... It was slow motion and seemed to last for 30 seconds but it was actually a second, maybe two. As my eyes were coming back towards the plants I saw that my son was holding one of them. It was still in the soil and he quickly let go when I yelled NOOOOOO. Scared the bejesus out of both of us. He ran over to the door crying. I set the sprayer on the ground and walked over to comfort him because I didn't want to see the damage. We went in his room and played and I put his door gate up, which is what I should have done in the first place.

So I walked back to my room and picked the plant up. From the looks of it, all he pulled out was the top of the root that was barely under soil. The rest of the root system was holding the root to the dirt. I got some more soil from the bin and built up some soil around the root and stem and hoped for the best. I watered the plants this time with a couple of new additives being that they are all at least a week above ground. I added a dechlorinator to the water as well as some GH Rapid Start. I only added .5 ml dechlorinator and 1 ml Rapid Start to one gallon of water. I adjusted pH to 6.5 and watered the plants. I made sure to soak the pots on the outside and I watered just the outside rim of the soil. There was some runoff water left in the bottom of the tray but it will be evaporated by this evening. I will post pictures this evening. Right now, I'm going to go smoke and chill because I made too many mistakes today.

Noob out (mic drops)

Everyone has bad days my friend, especially where kids are concerned, am a single dad of two, 9 & 6 and I have to keep my hobby super secret. Am sure everything will be ok. These are very resilient plants but more importantly is you calmed your boy down and made him happy. Looking forward to the update
:passitleft:

Hey Noob, a little stressed eh! I can relate brotha, got 15 and 9 yr. old boys.:thedoubletake: My GR is also super , secret. Shhh....I think alot of us dads have gotten away with those "bad" days cuz we were a lil lucky maybe. You know...the one where he wasn't expected home till then and the rec. rm is filled with dad's tarp, soil , pots everything out there for him to see...me mixing soil ..having fun...he didn't come home early...i got away with it, i usually wait till a weekend when i don't have them to do that stuff. It would have been my fault, a stupid mistake. Anyhow , thanks for sharing Noob. Cheers eh...oh ya , that plant will be just fine.:high-five::volcano-smiley:

They're resilient plants Noob. May this one surprise you by deciding to grow an incredible root system to lock it into the soil.

:love: :hug: :love:

Everyone has bad days my friend, especially where kids are concerned, am a single dad of two, 9 & 6 and I have to keep my hobby super secret. Am sure everything will be ok. These are very resilient plants but more importantly is you calmed your boy down and made him happy. Looking forward to the update
:passitleft:

I figure I have another year or so before I have to totally go under cover. My girls are older and know so he would be the one in the future I would have to hide things from. By then, I will be in the basement anyways.

Hey Noob, a little stressed eh! I can relate brotha, got 15 and 9 yr. old boys.:thedoubletake: My GR is also super , secret. Shhh....I think alot of us dads have gotten away with those "bad" days cuz we were a lil lucky maybe. You know...the one where he wasn't expected home till then and the rec. rm is filled with dad's tarp, soil , pots everything out there for him to see...me mixing soil ..having fun...he didn't come home early...i got away with it, i usually wait till a weekend when i don't have them to do that stuff. It would have been my fault, a stupid mistake. Anyhow , thanks for sharing Noob. Cheers eh...oh ya , that plant will be just fine.:high-five::volcano-smiley:

Yeah Duggan, I'm sure there have been times I should have been busted. I think living in a legal state makes me more nonchalant. Hopefully, in the future, my son will just understand that I grow my own medicine like my daughters do.

Better get the kid some clones to play with. Start 'em young.

The seedlings should be okay, I've felt the main root snap on one of my transplants and it looked 90% dead but eventually recovered and even caught up to the rest.

lol My GF laughed out loud hard when I read her that. Clones are replaceable right? lol
They're resilient plants Noob. May this one surprise you by deciding to grow an incredible root system to lock it into the soil.

:love: :hug: :love:

I was actually worried about that particular plant before my son double fisted it. The color was a little off. Watch that plant be the NL i want to keep. lol

Good morning Noob. :love::hug::love:

Update:
I took pictures late last night before I took my last hits for the night. It was supposed to rain last night and my joints and bones could feel it. It was like every football injury I had ever had came back to haunt me all at once. Thank god this Girl Scout Cookie does the trick. It only takes a minute or two after I blow the smoke from my lungs but the effect is worth every penny paid. The pain doesn't really go away, I just don't think or care about the pain.

Without further ado.....

These are in order by age

First up, C992 11 days old

image10283.jpeg

image10284.jpeg

C993 10 days old

image10285.jpeg

image10286.jpeg

NL1 9 days old

image10287.jpeg

image10288.jpeg

NL3 9 days old

image10289.jpeg

image10290.jpeg

C991 9 days old

image10291.jpeg

image10292.jpeg

NL2 8 days old

image10293.jpeg

image10294.jpeg

C994 8 days old

image10295.jpeg

image10296.jpeg

NL4 7 days old

image10297.jpeg

image10298.jpeg

Group shot

image10299.jpeg

Temps/Humidity

image10300.jpeg

The NL2 is the plant my son grabbed and pulled on. I couldn't even remember which one it was. The only way I could tell was from the way the soil was built up around the stem.

Thanks for checkin it out :roorrip:

Back
Top Bottom