Noobs First Grow - First In Ten Years

:goodjob::peace::welldone:You got the watering right on..water around the outside to promote root spreading out to the sides.and you were patient enough to wait till the next day to water them even though you really wanted to water them that nite..when in doubt wait a day to water..dont worry if the leaves arnt droopy there fine..Marijuana likes dry to moist dirt..thats why they get over watered easily. .
Great job..
Keep em MOIST!!!! LOL

Hey Noob...top of the day to ya brotha! Ya,...the kid thing...that's always a tuff one eh. I have two boys...one 15 and the other 9...my GR MUST remain a secret for now! Much too young for privy info like that! Cheers Noob,...have an awesome night you guys!:circle-of-love::high-five:

We wanted to keep it a secret but my daughters are 19 and 15 so I figured my 15 year old could handle it. She's a pretty mature kid. My son is only 17 months so I'm not worried about him ;)

I'm the same noob/duggan, I have a son & daughter, 6 & 9 who live with me full time and I have to make sure my grow is SUPER SECRET!!!
Enjoy the rest of your day/night my friend
:passitleft:

I have an older house built in 1945 so you can hear my fans as you walk up the stairs if I don't have my box fan on in my room on for stealth.

:goodjob::peace::welldone:You got the watering right on..water around the outside to promote root spreading out to the sides.and you were patient enough to wait till the next day to water them even though you really wanted to water them that nite..when in doubt wait a day to water..dont worry if the leaves arnt droopy there fine..Marijuana likes dry to moist dirt..thats why they get over watered easily. .
Great job..
Keep em MOIST!!!! LOL

It's hard not to water them but I don't think I have ever seen anyone lose their plants from letting them go too dry.

Update: I watered the seedlings this morning. I thought they needed it last night due to the weight but decided to wait until the morning. The seedlings were all pointing their leaves up when I opened the closet so I thought maybe they didn't need a watering. I have read that they are pointing up because the are happy. But when I pulled them down to check their weights, they were very light and very dry. I watered around the edge of each pot and a little in the middle until water dripped out. I leaned the plant back and forth and then set it down. After watering all the plants, I again, picked them up to determine the weight when they were full. Then I noticed that a few of the pots were wet on the outside from the watering. I then got the idea that if I saturated the outside of the pots maybe they would retain water a little longer and encourage more root growth. So I sprayed the rest of the pots with water until they were moist.
Moist... I love that word.

Anyways, I am hoping the soaking of the pots accomplishes both the stimulation of root growth and hopefully raises the RH a little in the environment. The air circulation may be contributing to the pots getting dry but that's a good thing.

If anyone has any comments or criticism is greatly appreciated. I am trying to learn here and maybe someone down the line can learn from my mistakes. With the help of the growers on this site, hopefully they will stop me from doing stupid things that will sidetrack my grow.

Another little side note... My oldest daughter asked my younger daughter if I was growing marijuana in the house. I had a talk with my younger daughter before I started this grow so she already knew about it. My older daughter is in college and will be interning elsewhere so her room is just a storage space for now. I felt no need to tell her I was growing. So when she asked my younger daughter about it, my younger daughter panicked and got off the phone quickly. She found out because she was on my amazon ordering something and saw that I was having a light delivered. This caused a firestorm bad enough that I had to go to her college and take her out to eat and explain everything so she would calm down. i explained that I wasn't doing anything wrong and that I was also growing for a fellow patient. I think she was just worried I would get into trouble. The funny thing is she is worried she spilled the beans to my younger daughter and that she is mad at me now.

Have a good day guys and girls. Thanks for checkin it out :roorrip:

That's funny. My GR is stealth from my wife and girls too but my girls are too young to ask questions LOL

That's funny. My GR is stealth from my wife and girls too but my girls are too young to ask questions LOL

Are you saying your grow room is a secret from your wife?

Noob, ahhhh..... Kids. You should have been here the day my 32-yr old anxiety-driven daughter walked into the apartment at 2:30 AM to tell me I had to choose between the tent and her. She was concerned I'd get in trouble and couldn't live with it. Her initial request was that I shut down and go offline. Sent me into something of a panic until I let someone here talk me down. We compromised with the stealthy 2 x 2s and I packed up the 4 x 4. There's really no way to make that big tent stealthy in less than 725 sq. ft.

Made me seriously question the wisdom of giving birth. :laughtwo:

Noob, ahhhh..... Kids. You should have been here the day my 32-yr old anxiety-driven daughter walked into the apartment at 2:30 AM to tell me I had to choose between the tent and her. She was concerned I'd get in trouble and couldn't live with it. Her initial request was that I shut down and go offline. Sent me into something of a panic until I let someone here talk me down. We compromised with the stealthy 2 x 2s and I packed up the 4 x 4. There's really no way to make that big tent stealthy in less than 725 sq. ft.

As of right now yes..Wife is unaware of the Krunk Trunk. She is mighty intuitive and I figure in time she will catch on but I am trying to get through a grow without her knowing then talk to her about letting me do either indoor or outdoor with her approval and awareness...we shall see how that goes as she is not pro pot in the house as she herself does not use. Our agreement is I can smoke occasionally when not having obligations. Its more of a out of sight out of mind type of thing where what happens in the garage stays in the garage ;)

Never question your wisdom on giving birth but always be open to the idea you can learn from your children :green_heart:

Another little side note... My oldest daughter asked my younger daughter if I was growing marijuana in the house. I had a talk with my younger daughter before I started this grow so she already knew about it. My older daughter is in college and will be interning elsewhere so her room is just a storage space for now. I felt no need to tell her I was growing. So when she asked my younger daughter about it, my younger daughter panicked and got off the phone quickly. She found out because she was on my amazon ordering something and saw that I was having a light delivered. This caused a firestorm bad enough that I had to go to her college and take her out to eat and explain everything so she would calm down. i explained that I wasn't doing anything wrong and that I was also growing for a fellow patient. I think she was just worried I would get into trouble. The funny thing is she is worried she spilled the beans to my younger daughter and that she is mad at me now.

Oh man! I remember when my 14 year old daughter surprised me by swinging the door to my shed open while I had the pipe to my lips. SURPRISE is right, which then required a 5 hour chat. Erg.

There's no lack of wisdom possible with giving birth, ya really didn't have a choice. Conception, now there's where the mistake was potentially made...

:)

As of right now yes..Wife is unaware of the Krunk Trunk. She is mighty intuitive and I figure in time she will catch on but I am trying to get through a grow without her knowing then talk to her about letting me do either indoor or outdoor with her approval and awareness...we shall see how that goes as she is not pro pot in the house as she herself does not use. Our agreement is I can smoke occasionally when not having obligations. Its more of a out of sight out of mind type of thing where what happens in the garage stays in the garage ;)

Never question your wisdom on giving birth but always be open to the idea you can learn from your children :green_heart:

My children taught me the most valuable lesson on earth, that loving is meant to be without condition, no exceptions. That lesson was worth any pain or frustration I let myself feel when we clash.

Oh man! I remember when my 14 year old daughter surprised me by swinging the door to my shed open while I had the pipe to my lips. SURPRISE is right, which then required a 5 hour chat. Erg.

There's no lack of wisdom possible with giving birth, ya really didn't have a choice. Conception, now there's where the mistake was potentially made...

:laughtwo: oh good grief, I love hanging around you. :kisstwo:

Good luck with that Kyu. I have read many a grow journal that ended because the wife found out. lol

What's the fucking point of that compromise? A 2x2 will get you the same amount of trouble a 4x4 will. :rofl:

My 13 year old, at the time busted me. I thought there was no way they could smell it if I blow it out the window of my bedroom. But they smelled it on me. lol I tried to blame the smell on our neighbors (they smoked a lot of pot). But after that, she started noticing that I would have cologne on, chewing gum, and red eyes.... Kids these days are pretty fucking aware. So we had to have our 5 hour talk. lol

My 13 year old, at the time busted me. I thought there was no way they could smell it if I blow it out the window of my bedroom. But they smelled it on me. lol I tried to blame the smell on our neighbors (they smoked a lot of pot). But after that, she started noticing that I would have cologne on, chewing gum, and red eyes.... Kids these days are pretty fucking aware. So we had to have our 5 hour talk. lol

I have to say gum, beard oil and rohto eye drops do the trick for me ;)

Also having a beverage on hand like some kind of green tea/chai tea is a good red herring for any "herbal" smells.

Just a small picture update today. I'm really just playing with a new lense. ;)

image10151.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom