Noobs First Grow - First In Ten Years

Oh Noob, the little ones are a mass of healthy potential. Well done buckaroo. :high-five:

Good old NL! Some of the best strains in the world are derived from her! And c99 is no slouch either. Cant wait to see these girls bud!

I read somewhere that the NL was good for a beginner grow. I have no idea the difficulty the c99 has planned for me. Should be fun. I know you're busy Shigg, but anything you see that I should know about, please say something. I am here to learn. Looking forward to your new grow brother.

Oh Noob, the little ones are a mass of healthy potential. Well done buckaroo. :high-five:

Thank you, Sue. I'm really just trying not to do too much to them. I think that's the best approach for a noob like myself. :high-five:

Looking great:thumb:
:passitleft:

Thank you, sir. Don't mind if I do :passitleft:

Sorry SweetSue I forgot to pass this back to you, it's been a while so I made a fresh one just for you:love:
:passitleft:

:passitleft: Here's this one back ;)

I set my 4x4 tent up today. I also decided that I was going to cut the bottoms off of the cow pots and transplant the seedlings into 1 gallon pots. I feel like I am watering out the nutrients in the soil because I have to water these pots every 2 days. I am also going to place the seedlings under the MH at around 50% and 24" away from the canopy. I won't be doing these thing until later tonight when the lights come back on so if anyone thinks there is something wrong with what I'm proposing, please let me know. I appreciate you guys so much.

Tent

image10375.jpeg

Congratulations Noob. :high-five: Let me jump for joy..... :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

:laughtwo: I put together two of those by myself in an evening of frustration and tears that could have used your height and your upper body strength. I'm a determined hard-headed woman though, and I wasn't about to let a couple Mars-Hydro tents get the better of me. :blunt:

Here you deserve this :love: :hug: :love:

And this :passitleft:

Todd Rundgren's singing "I Saw The Light" right now on my playlist. How appropriate. :kisstwo:

Congratulations Noob. :high-five: Let me jump for joy..... :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

:laughtwo: I put together two of those by myself in an evening of frustration and tears that could have used your height and your upper body strength. I'm a determined hard-headed woman though, and I wasn't about to let a couple Mars-Hydro tents get the better of me. :blunt:

Here you deserve this :love: :hug: :love:

And this :passitleft:

Todd Rundgren's singing "I Saw The Light" right now on my playlist. How appropriate. :kisstwo:

:passitleft: I needed that :hug: and that.

Oh here you go :passitleft: :love::love::love::love::love::love:

Thanks..... :passitleft: :love::love::love::love::love::love:

I don't know anything about your lights, but I know the little ones like a gentle introduction, although I've always gotten the results I want from CFLs, and I believe I'll do that right now.

I approve of the transplanting. You never tried soaking those little pots from the bottom?

I like the idea of starting in 1 gallon fabrics and then dropping the whole thing, pot and all, into the finish pot. If you dust the exterior of the fabric pot with powdered myco or Roots! You get better root development. Quick and easy almost-transplant with no stress to the plant. Bigger, stronger and better yielding plants.

:passitleft: Try some of this Fantasmo Express. I'm trying to find out if it's got any zip to it, but I've complicated the test with my evening brownie dose. :laughtwo: Smoking fresh gives you the sweetest terpenoid expression, in my opinion. This strain has a very pleasant taste. I just figured out today that it's probably what attracts me to "fresh" highs. I've always been partial to the first taste of a newly-harvested plant. It's the terpenoids. What a wonder.

..........sure, I'll have another. :passitleft:

I remember thinking... How in the hell do some of our member put these things together. Thank god I'm tall. I don't know how you did it by yourself, Sue. I wanted to scream a few times but a bong hit got me back on track. What do you think about my lighting change and transplant ideas?
Those girls will do just fine under 300 watts. Currently have our veg tent at 75% so 450 watts. They will love it. You can start at 24" but you could lower it down to about 12" to 18". But start high and slowly lower it. Heat shouldn't be a horrible issue, if you have a speed controller for your exhaust, you should be able to dial it back until you turn up the wattage. Looking good though, can't wait to see that tent full.

You do have a speed control for your fan, don't you Noob?

Thanks..... :passitleft: :love::love::love::love::love::love:

I don't know anything about your lights, but I know the little ones like a gentle introduction, although I've always gotten the results I want from CFLs, and I believe I'll do that right now.

I approve of the transplanting. You never tried soaking those little pots from the bottom?

I like the idea of starting in 1 gallon fabrics and then dropping the whole thing, pot and all, into the finish pot. If you dust the exterior of the fabric pot with powdered myco or Roots! You get better root development. Quick and easy almost-transplant with no stress to the plant. Bigger, stronger and better yielding plants.

:passitleft: Try some of this Fantasmo Express. I'm trying to find out if it's got any zip to it, but I've complicated the test with my evening brownie dose. :laughtwo: Smoking fresh gives you the sweetest terpenoid expression, in my opinion. This strain has a very pleasant taste. I just figured out today that it's probably what attracts me to "fresh" highs. I've always been partial to the first taste of a newly-harvested plant. It's the terpenoids. What a wonder.

..........sure, I'll have another. :passitleft:

:passitleft: mmmm thanks

Those girls will do just fine under 300 watts. Currently have our veg tent at 75% so 450 watts. They will love it. You can start at 24" but you could lower it down to about 12" to 18". But start high and slowly lower it. Heat shouldn't be a horrible issue, if you have a speed controller for your exhaust, you should be able to dial it back until you turn up the wattage. Looking good though, can't wait to see that tent full.

yeah I was thinking the same thing about lowering the light, it's air cooled so I might be able to get it pretty close. I want to fill the tent out too. I might have to pop some more seeds to do that. We shall see. Congrats on MOTM nom Nismo!

You do have a speed control for your fan, don't you Noob?

I have 2 :)

plants look great and I can't wait to see the setup.

I will be posting pictures tonight after I transplant into 1 gallon pots.

Thanks for checking it out guys :roorrip:

Update

I got my pots set up. I thought I would have to use 3 trays but I got all 8 plants in just the two trays. I thought I needed to mix up a bunch more soil so I filled up a 2 gallon pot 3 times and put the rest of my perlite and 6 tbsp of dolomite lime. I mixed the new soil and additives together with the soil that had already been in the tub for the past couple of weeks.

I then took all the 1 gallon pots and filled them with the soil and hollowed out little pockets for the new plants to sit in. I used to grow in 1 qt containers so I never transplanted. At this point I was a little nervous that I would mess something up. I went to the closet and took the pots down to begin the process. I took one pot and started cutting the bottom off the pot. The pots were soft because they had been soaked earlier in the day so they kind of tore open but in a controlled line. I took the bottom off one side at a time until the bottom fell into my hands, which was a relief because I didn't want to cut into any roots. I then took the seedling and placed it in the first pot. I filled soil in around the plant to kind of tuck it in then proceeded to tear the top lip of the cow pot off. I then put the stake with label in the soil. Rinse and repeat for the remaining 7 plants.

I turned the MH on and set it to 250 watts and made sure it was 24" above the plants. I moved some things around and turned the T5 off. I then turned my exhaust fan up to 75% and closed the door.

These plants seem stronger than the other 4

image10395.jpeg

This is the weaker of the seedlings, at the moment anyways...

image10396.jpeg

Shot from above

image10397.jpeg

image10398.jpeg

Group shot

image10399.jpeg

Here we go...

Well done. :high-five:

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

:passitleft: I figured, end of the day, kick back for a few. Just chill. :passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom