Noobs First Grow - First In Ten Years

Awww.... Sweet little ones. Something about seedlings just makes me smile. :battingeyelashes: :love:

I thought about naming them after ex gfs but decided that would probably be bad karma. Right now she's just c99 2 lol

Not really bad karma, but more about how you deal with too many plants named Silly Bitch. :)

I've always been of the mindset that the soil needs to stay moist when they were trying to break through. It's hard to be good when you want to be so bad. Lol thanks for stopping by Obi Wan

I'm a couple times a day max very light mister. I've had more seed casings/membranes stuck and having to be manually removed when I don't. The little extra moisture I feel helps it slip from its packaging.

I know it's no big deal to a bunch of the experienced growers but every time I see a new plant I get giddy.

If anyone ever isn't amazed by the miracle of the newborn sprout, they shouldn't be growing anything. :rofl:

Looks like we have a harem started. I happen to think silly bitch would be a great strain name!

Sounds good Shiggs....i like it "Silly Bitch" has a happy feel to it...:rofl: Ya know Noob...i'm such an ass! Havn't been visiting much lately. Couple hours goes by like holidays when i'm on the "Mag." Must be havin fun , i suppose.
Anyhow i'l have to get at some updating around here . Cheers Noob...:volcano-smiley:

My first multi-quote. Movin up like the G D Jeffersons!

Looking good bro :high-five:

Thanks Feral. Just glad I'm growing now buddy!

Awww.... Sweet little ones. Something about seedlings just makes me smile. :battingeyelashes: :love:

They do make me smile Sue. I catch myself looking at them like they are my children. lol

Looks like we have a harem started. I happen to think silly bitch would be a great strain name!

I'm hoping half of the plants are girls. I wouldn't want a harem of men ;)

Looking good:thumb:
:passitleft:

:passitleft: Thanks puregreen. Just trying to not mess things up

Sounds good Shiggs....i like it "Silly Bitch" has a happy feel to it...:rofl: Ya know Noob...i'm such an ass! Havn't been visiting much lately. Couple hours goes by like holidays when i'm on the "Mag." Must be havin fun , i suppose.
Anyhow i'l have to get at some updating around here . Cheers Noob...:volcano-smiley:

Duggan! You haven't missed much. I'm still in the sniffin butt stage ;)

Not really bad karma, but more about how you deal with too many plants named Silly Bitch. :)

I'm a couple times a day max very light mister. I've had more seed casings/membranes stuck and having to be manually removed when I don't. The little extra moisture I feel helps it slip from its packaging.

If anyone ever isn't amazed by the miracle of the newborn sprout, they shouldn't be growing anything. :rofl:

My strains would be called Crazy Bitch. I don't want to know how that strain ends up. Probably crying in the corner. :rofl:

Now that I only have the one bean that hasn't sprouted yet, I'm misting more often because I'm hoping it's just searching for the light and it's blocked somehow. That's my reasoning anyhow.

Thanks puregreen. Just trying to not mess things up[/QUOTE said:
There's not much chance of messing things up, and any how, if you do run into any problems there are plenty of wonderful people here at 420 who I am sure would help, you have quite a following already:rofl:
:passitleft:

Congrats on your first multi-quote and reps for that. :high-five:

My mistake. I thought that was an auto. Impressive plant nonetheless. This one is an auto.

Atrain - White Cheese Autoflower

20150227_140106-1.jpg

20150227_140710-1.jpg

As is this one:

Atrain - Royal Haze Autoflower

20150403_044438-1.jpg

There you go, my favorite noob, something to aspire to. :laughtwo:

I miss my auto guru. :straightface:
Atrain is such a great Auto master...I took many notes from him:Namaste:

Update day 6,5,4,3,2,1 :rofl: Every one of my seeds have popped their little heads above soil. Thanks to NastyAce for the germ method. I modified it a little by adding the warming pad under the plates. Anyways, nobody really reads this stuff anyways. Here are the pictures of the plants last night.

image9929.jpeg

image9928.jpeg

image9973.jpeg

image9972.jpeg

image9930.jpeg

image9974.jpeg

image9975.jpeg

image9976.jpeg

Oh yeah... I'm a little worried about the stretch of the C99 strain. You will be able to tell which ones those are by the lanky, purple stem. The Northern Lights seedlings are the short, green stemmed ones. The last Northern Lights popped her head above soil last night It's still curled up ready to open up. I gently move some of soil out of the way so it can get some light.

I will be moving the MH light into the closet tomorrow and moving the seedlings to the top of the closet, where I plan to have a cloner and seedlings/clones growing before going under the MH to veg. I am still contemplating whether or not to air cool the lights. Otherwise, I will go without the glass and try to control the heat with the exhaust fan, two clip fans, and a small oscillating fan. I know Shiggs has more or less suggested to go with the glass. I'm curious to know what others think.

Looking good mate, congrats on the germ rate :thumb:

I would probably agree with Shiggs on the cooled hood, much easier to control temps and conditions with a closed system, all depends on your temps in your location and if you need the extra warmth from a bare bulb. Glass is good protection from foliar sprays when things get a bit messy too :rofl:, they say it reduces light penetration, but you can also get the lights a lot closer so i wouldnt even worry about that, My girls love being under a cooled hood and yield me more than enough :)

Thanks for the advice Feral. If I do that, I will have to mount the carbon scrubber on the left side of the hood if you are facing it, run ducting to the hood. Then, run ducting from the right side of the hood to the fan and then from the fan out of the closet into the attic. Does that sound right?

your best bet is to run carbon filter>fan>duct>reflector>duct out of the grow space, i found its much better pushing the air through the hood rather than pulling it through. At this stage i wouldnt worry too much about carbon filters, I dont even run one in my veg tent just the fan attached almost straight to the hood, i find they dont really give off much of a smell till they start flowering, especially when exhausting to an area not many people can stick their noses :thumb:

yeah thats how i do mine, cools the hood much better and was the recommendation from the setup instructions that came with my OG hood hehe, i had my 400w pulling the air through my cheaper hood to begin with and found the top of the hood was still a little warm, swapped the fan around and now its almost cold to the touch :)

It's recommended to pull it through rather than push, isn't it? I recall Duggan emphasizing that. Of course, I use LEDs, so I don't deal with the same heat issues, but I thought it had something to do with straining the fan. I could be completely wrong here and Feral has the practical experience with this light, so I'll defer to him. :battingeyelashes: :love:

Back
Top Bottom