New City Grower 3.5 - Our Perpetual Grow - Continued

I seen nuts on a preacher... Hey just looking thru my friend. Congrad's on the harvest. Myself I think the key to making the plant is topping. Lots of topping. I top every second leave early and makes for a nice bush after the third go around. Even that fluxing cranks out better crop. I do know topping at that young age, slows the growth a lot, but makes for nice branches close to the ground. The closer the better. Your little auto project is interesting. Most auto's don't have enough veg time to really top a plant. Some I've been playing with really do tho. I mean I've had 'alot' of 4' plants from auto seeds. Really you want acouple extra weeks of veg to get a plant that will produce. Going to be unfair test tho. Plants even from the same seed lot, can express different pheno's. Really hard to get a true comp, it's not like clones, being from the same mother. But just wanted to say Hello and Keepem Green

Too true about the solo cups. I have almost killed plants being in a hurry transplanting them.

This on the other hand is just too cute.
IMG_00020901.jpg

:thumb:
Bob

Impressive B A R. I'm loving all these different projects you're educating us on. I overlooked this one with the traveling. Glad I found it. Thank you. :love: When I start playing with training you have it all laid out for me, step-by-step. You're going to make it so easy for me.

Just hoping the buds fit the holidays....... Congrads' on the cut my friend......... Keepem Green I'm off to hear some John Anderson....... Keepem Green

Just a reminder; for those of us who use solo cups during the seedling stage it's best to wait until you get a decent rootball before transplanting into your pot. I've found that extended periods in the solo cups cause them to explode when up-potted. I actually lift the soil out of the cups when it's semi-dry periodically to check the bottom and if a roots haven't circled around the base I put them back in the cup.

Thank you for this B A R. I missed this earlier. I'll remember this for sure. I was trying hard not to let the roots circle. In fact, I was slicing off the circling roots. :straightface: Kind of self-defeating, given your observations.

BAR, sorry to interrupt your thread but I hope you can enlighten me. Do you germinate your seed in the rockwool? Why the duct tape around the sides? When do you put the seed/rockwool into the solo cup full of soil? I assume you plant the rockwool cube not tear it apart to plant the seed. What type of light and how high above the seed? I'm having real trouble with seeds sprouting then stretching 2-3 inches and then having damp off. I have a few CFL's and then I have the Mars Hydro 400 LED lights. I'm thinking to use the Mars 400's after transplanting the solo cup to the 3-5 gal pot and should use the CFL's until then. I would really appreciate your input here, Thank you. Dan

Thanks Reg for the confirmation.
Anytime Mr. Amazing.

Awesome update Reg. You're a very busy man!

Sent from my XT1080 using 420
What's "420" Cajun?

Too true about the solo cups. I have almost killed plants being in a hurry transplanting them.
Bob
Patience is a virtue Bob. I use to rush things along until we went perpetual. Now it really doesn't matter since there's always something close to the finish line.

Thank you for this B A R. I missed this earlier. I'll remember this for sure. I was trying hard not to let the roots circle. In fact, I was slicing off the circling roots. :straightface: Kind of self-defeating, given your observations.
There's more than one way to skin a cat Sue. Some members use the same technique you do but I've found that getting a decent rootball before transplanting give's me the best results. Your technique might even be better but I've never tried it. I know for sure though that the myth that overcrowded roots is bad for our beloved plant was dis-proven by Lester Freeman aka "Relaxed Lester" a while back. His experiment was the deciding factor when I made the decision to go strictly with 2lt Soda Pop Pots in our last Perpetual Grow.

May 27, 2015 / 2lt Run

BERRY KUSH (Auto) Day 65 under 18/6

IMG_00013219.jpg

IMG_00013224.jpg

How's vacation treating you?

Just hoping the buds fit the holidays....... Congrads' on the cut my friend......... Keepem Green I'm off to hear some John Anderson....... Keepem Green
Thanxx Woody.

BAR, sorry to interrupt your thread but I hope you can enlighten me. Do you germinate your seed in the rockwool? Why the duct tape around the sides? When do you put the seed/rockwool into the solo cup full of soil? I assume you plant the rockwool cube not tear it apart to plant the seed. What type of light and how high above the seed? I'm having real trouble with seeds sprouting then stretching 2-3 inches and then having damp off. I have a few CFL's and then I have the Mars Hydro 400 LED lights. I'm thinking to use the Mars 400's after transplanting the solo cup to the 3-5 gal pot and should use the CFL's until then. I would really appreciate your input here, Thank you. Dan
No problem Dan. That's what this site is all about; helping one another. First off that's not duct tape, it's how the rockwool cubes come (individually wrapped) and no, I don't tear them open. I put the whole cube in the solo cup.

Here's a "LINK" to my complete germinating process.

QUICK UPDATE​
Dec 16, 2015​

1/2 HARVEST​

ULTRA LEMON HAZE Day 159 / Day 54 under 12/12

We chopped the top half of her and left the rest to keep on keeping on.

IMG_00020887.jpg

IMG_00020922.jpg

IMG_00020912.jpg

IMG_00020918.jpg

IMG_00020931.jpg

WHITE WIDOW X BIG BUD Clone Day 54 (Step by Step Training Tutorial)

6 Days Ago
IMG_00020755.jpg

Today
IMG_00020938.jpg

#1 is the branch that hadn't reached the edge of the pot yet. This morning it received it's last adjustment.

IMG_00020942.jpg

IMG_00020944.jpg

IMG_00020953.jpg

#2 & #3 were laid down to help fill in some empty space and more importantly to even out the canopy. I would usually just top these but why not fill in the empty space.

IMG_00020956.jpg

IMG_00020961.jpg

And #4 was topped.

IMG_00020965.jpg

IMG_00020970.jpg

The training is basically complete. Now we go vertical and the most we'll do from here is probably a little super-cropping to get her to grow in the structure we choose.

IMG_00020976.jpg

PS. There won't be a posted dry weight for the DOUBLE WHITE WIDOW X BIG BUD Clones because I gifted most of it out to friends and my sister. The benefits of perpetual growing; Never short on supply.

BAR, Thank you so much for the link. That is exactly what I wanted. Now do you have a link to how you are doing the 2 liter grows? Are you watering from top or bottom? Do you have a prefered soil with that method, and a time frame to veg before going to flower? Mucho mucho thanks. Dan :thanks::Namaste::Namaste::thanks:

I ran 2lts for nearly a year Dan so believe me when I say "I used an assortment of different soils, top & bottom feed, different nutes, and a host of different styles of training".
As far as how long you veg it all depends on your preference. There's "Light Addict aka Professor Flux" who's been known to veg forever with a few of his projects and on the other side of the spectrum is my dude "b Real aka Really Real" who grows under 12/12 from start to finish. There's no wrong or right way to grow.

If you're interested in a 2lt Soda Pop Pot run you might want to skim through "New City Grower 3.0" listed below in my signature. If you have any questions it'll be my pleasure to answer.

wow, stunning update :bravo:

so jealous of that ULH :)

smoke report? :smokin:

Back
Top Bottom