smoke report? :smokin:

rockin' garden, again, man.

those girls look beautiful.
Pigeons
B Really Real
420 Brother
Mr.Grow

:thanks:

Good evening bar and hello . Just popping in when and where I've got chance . Wishing you and yours a great Christmas and a even better new year :)

Hey Reg gearing it up for the festive season :thumb:

Best of everything to you and yours my fine fellow, this merry season! May your buds be frosty and your melon be a roasted with THC goodness!

Merry Xmas Broke!
and to all your peeps!!
BG
Jaga
Professor Flux

:xmas: Happy Holidays to you guys as well & to all my 420 comrades and may the Xmas spirits flow as free as homegrown weed...

How's the ULH? I love the auto.... It's my favorite stash right now....:circle-of-love:
Oh! Don't get me started Fifi. We have to talk. ULH is the business; which brings me to a puzzling dilemma...

For those of you who've been around the block a few or more times than me I'd like to ask:
Is it possible for breeders to put out strains that can't be cloned? We went through about 7 cuttings of the Ultra Lemon Haze at different stages between mid-veg and early bloom to no avail and now I'm having the same problem with our Pineapple Chunk.
Since purchasing the cloner I haven't had any problems cloning except with these 2 strains.

OVERDUE UPDATE​
Dec 22, 2015​
On this Update you'll see pics of things that happened over the last week 1/2 but I'll use today's date for the age of all plants since my journal is also my records.

ULTRA LEMON HAZE (Top Half)

Dry Weight & Smoke Report​

IMG_00021020.jpg

IMG_20140818_5_9.jpg

We have a 10!

Not only is this a "One Hit Wonder" but it's long lasting. It has that 1970's type of psychedelic high that we use to get from oldschool Thaistick. You can't smoke more than a 1/2 joint if you're going out in public and I'm one that prides myself on functioning in public extremely high.
The name is misleading: It taste more like grapefruit than lemon (though it smells lemonish) and more like Sour D than Haze. A tad bit rough on the lungs because of the heavy citrus but I'm sure that'll be taken care of after a decent cure. This one's been put all the way in the back of the closet not to be pulled out except for special occasions (Maybe Xmas) LOL. We'll be re-vegging the bottom half after harvest since I couldn't get roots from any of the cuttings.

THE AUTO EXPERIMENT​
TO TRAIN OR NOT TO TRAIN AUTOS​

DAY 52​

First off I need to show you these pics of the first plant we grew from the beans we got from our pollinated feminized AFGHAN KUSH Auto clone. It was a male. How's this possible? This is from the same batch of beans as the one's in this experiment.

IMG_00020988.jpg

He was chopped & tossed.

IMG_00020998.jpg

Subject #1 Untrained
Subject #2 Trained

#1 is drinking twice as fast as #2.

IMG_00021038.jpg

IMG_00021044.jpg

We did one last bit of training on #2; topping the 3 tallest branches.

IMG_00021048.jpg

The following was done on all 3 branches...

IMG_00021051.jpg

IMG_00021055.jpg

IMG_00021061.jpg

4X BLUE BLOOD Day 12

All 4 were topped a few days ago and transplanted into a 3gal Smart Pot of PJ's Organic Soil Mix this evening.

IMG_00021010.jpg

IMG_00021015.jpg

IMG_00021036.jpg

IMG_00021082.jpg

LIBERTY HAZE Clone (Re-veg) Day 36 since being placed back under 18/6

She was transplanted a few days ago into a 3gal Smart Pot of PJ's OSM.

IMG_00021027.jpg

IMG_00021029.jpg

IMG_00021032.jpg

IMG_00021067.jpg

IMG_00021076.jpg

wow great update Reg :thumb:

amazing smoke report too, sounds like my kind of high :smokin:

Great update!
2 zips of pure fire for Christmas = quite the stocking stuffer.
Have an awesome holiday, Reg!

I've gotten away from cutting any of my plant away (besides the lowest popcorn nugs). I don't even top anymore. low stress training is a great technique if you need to keep em short and don't want to stunt your plant(s). I've said it and I'll say it again the silliest technique is defoliation.

sure topping and training an even canopy can increase yields, but is it worth the extra time you have to spend in veg?

How long did you try to clone BAR ?

I noticed some take very long to root special from seeded plants, like 2-3 weeks in a cloner.
Cuttings from my C1 mothers take 4-5day to show roots.

Hey broke re: your question about breeders being able to keep clones from being an option, My honest opinion and thats all it is is no they cant do that. Something is off, I went through a simliar thing a couple of years back and lost a couple of keeper cuts, sucked. I think it was my temps or lack of, winter gets cold where im at and the solution in my turbo wasn't warm enough. My thoughts is all.

Hope yours start rooting back how you like for xmas :)

I'm so glad I took the time to visit Reg. :love: This is by far one of my favorite gardens to visit, and I simply must cull the subs list to get back to the yards I miss the most. You never cease to amaze me. Absolutely everything to watch and learn from, and this time a 10! Has that ever happened before? If so, which strain? I'm going to guess Jack Herer, which reminds me, MagicJim harvested his today, a beautiful specimen that's already shown him what a truly excellent high is all about. :laughtwo:

That's interesting about the strains that resist cloning. Have you tried using aloe vera gel? Just a thought. The reveg you plan for the ULH will reward you greatly, so it'll beef up that special stash. I'm going to have to try that one grown big at some point, now that you and Dennise have given such exemplary reviews of it. You don't give those points as freely as I do, so that really got everyone's attention. When I get up and running I need to balance growing for oil with growing for recreation. I'm thinking of going with smaller tents like you have scattered around. You make the process very tempting my friend.

I'm watching your auto to-train-or-not-to-train experiment with great interest. We won't know for sure until the harvest tallies, but looking at them casually from the other side of the digital field it looks like not-to-train has the upper hand at this point. I've been growing long enough to know appearances can be deceiving.

My vacation is going well, thank you. M-F the house is mine alone from 7 AM to around 6 PM, which suits me just fine. Gives me more time to try to catch up on my runaway subs list. I'm making no real headway at that. Turns out I like to be conversational. Go figure. :laughtwo: Being conversational generates many more notifications. LOL! No meds while I'm here Reg. None at all. It's been 12 days and I'm here until the beginning of February, so fire up a bowl or two of that super ULH in my honor for the New Year, OK? It'll make me feel better knowing you're totally wasted for me. :battingeyelashes: :love:

Merry Christmas my friend. A hug to the daughter as well. :circle-of-love:

Looks awesome in here... Rock On BAR

:xmas: Happy Holiday to you and your family, BAR....Peace be with you

Back
Top Bottom