New City Grower 2.0

Wow Reg, it looks perfect! So healthy. Can you believe it's only been in the 50s at night here? When does this end already...we're supposed to be much warmer. I guess it is okay since we're in a major devastating drought here.

It won't be long before my girls are ready for the big flux.

Just popping in to say hello neighbor. Your plants look great Reg. I cant believe how far you have come in such a short time. I remember when you would get all worked up over little "issues" with your plants. It seems you have it all under control now. Not much new to tell you from my end yet. I have 5 clones of G13 coming soon and Im researching for some seeds to order for my cooler climate up here. I still have a foot of snow here so I guess I will be starting them indoors for a while. I always do anyway but this year its crazy how cold it still is here. Keep on keeping on 420 friends.

Thanxx Kim, Brooklyn & Joe.

Jetboy, it's always a pleasure hearing from you. Yep, this has been a crazy winter even down here. We had a nice day yesterday but it wont last. I don't have to tell you that once you get started for this season I want pics ASAP. On another note I think the going bananas over every little issue is what got me the help I needed so quick every time. I'm still neurotic with my grow but I run into less issues.

The cutting has absolutely no way to uptake nutrients via direct contact with the phloem or xylem. No way to travel up or down through the tubes.
I totally agree with this statement. That is why I don't trim the tips of the leaves. The cut needs theses nutrients and moisture.

It's also harder to clone a plant when cuttings are taken lower down on the plant where there is not AS much apical activity as the top of the plant
This in my experience is very true !

Like I said elsewhere, not all plants are suitable for water roots, and more water roots do not function the way a terrestrial root hair does.

Clones rooted in water will readily adapt to media unless you wait way too long and let it get too big.

I pop in from time to time BAR unfortunately I dont have time to follow to closely anymore but I will post pics when they get going good.

You know they have a medication to help keep you calm when you think you might go "bananas". Its called marijuana and I suggest taking 2 adult beverages along with it.

I pop in from time to time BAR unfortunately I dont have time to follow to closely anymore but I will post pics when they get going good.

You know they have a medication to help keep you calm when you think you might go "bananas". Its called marijuana and I suggest taking 2 adult beverages along with it.
:thumb:

I have proof. Science is proof.

Home - Aggie Horticulture Aggie Horticulture

You may have perfect conditions at the site where you are making clones which may contribute to your success. The cutting has absolutely no way to uptake nutrients via direct contact with the phloem or xylem. No way to travel up or down through the tubes. It's also harder to clone a plant when cuttings are taken lower down on the plant where there is not AS much apical activity as the top of the plant...or closer to an outer node which is very swollen. At least this is my experience with plants. Of course every plant will have a preferred way to root a cutting, but really the big Two are water and media. Like I said elsewhere, not all plants are suitable for water roots, and more water roots do not function the way a terrestrial root hair does.

GF, you have been an absolute encyclopedia of knowledge since you joined this circle on 420. I especially like

it when (backed with science) you contradict some popular opinion on these forums. A bow to you my friend,

and plus reps for that. All my cuttings come from the top of the mother plant. Listen up people !

I have proof. Science is proof.

Home - Aggie Horticulture Aggie Horticulture

You may have perfect conditions at the site where you are making clones which may contribute to your success. The cutting has absolutely no way to uptake nutrients via direct contact with the phloem or xylem. No way to travel up or down through the tubes. It's also harder to clone a plant when cuttings are taken lower down on the plant where there is not AS much apical activity as the top of the plant...or closer to an outer node which is very swollen. At least this is my experience with plants. Of course every plant will have a preferred way to root a cutting, but really the big Two are water and media. Like I said elsewhere, not all plants are suitable for water roots, and more water roots do not function the way a terrestrial root hair does.
I'm so glad you are here and found us.........:circle-of-love:
Hi dennise, there is a member named "IslandDog" who used the growology nutes system from start to finish with really nice results....link to his journal..First Indoor Grow With Deadhead OG - Kandy Kush & Tahoe OG

I hope this helps.
:thanks:
:thanks:
GF, you have been an absolute encyclopedia of knowledge since you joined this circle on 420. I especially like

it when (backed with science) you contradict some popular opinion on these forums. A bow to you my friend,

and plus reps for that. All my cuttings come from the top of the mother plant. Listen up people !
I concur......:circle-of-love:

I totally agree with this statement. That is why I don't trim the tips of the leaves. The cut needs theses nutrients and moisture.

This in my experience is very true !

Clones rooted in water will readily adapt to media unless you wait way too long and let it get too big.

Ah, okay, I misunderstood what you said about why you didn't cut the leaves. Now it makes sense to me. It's also good to know cannabis will water root with little disturbance to media. I have plants in my pond out back I wanted to put into soil and I waited too long. They won't have enough time to establish in the soil before the heat arrives.

:lot-o-toke::reading420magazine:

I hope this is okay. I blame Dennise because she told me to post here! These are my girls in the closet under the CFL's to establish a bit of a head before they go out again. That, will not happen ever again. Finally today I saw a bunch of ladybugs in the greenhouse which has had the door open for weeks now.

This is all six plants two of which are rescues from aphid/spider mite infestation in the greenhouse.

rec1.jpg

White Widow x Big Bud

rec2.jpg

og82.jpg

Strain Hunter's Money Maker

rec4.jpg

og93.jpg

Lemon Kush

rec3.jpg

Is there anything I should do yet? These are in six inch pots and I just got them potted up about ten days ago from their germ pots.

How many do you think I should flux? I just wonder how it will work in the ground.

:lot-o-toke::reading420magazine:

I hope this is okay. I blame Dennise because she told me to post here! These are my girls in the closet under the CFL's to establish a bit of a head before they go out again. That, will not happen ever again. Finally today I saw a bunch of ladybugs in the greenhouse which has had the door open for weeks now.

This is all six plants two of which are rescues from aphid/spider mite infestation in the greenhouse.

Is there anything I should do yet? These are in six inch pots and I just got them potted up about ten days ago from their germ pots.

How many do you think I should flux? I just wonder how it will work in the ground.

I'm just a student here GF, but I'd guess, when you have 2 nodes growing below the top node, you will be removing the top node first, to start a standard flux, similar to mine. I have recently seen the teacher growing a 4 way flux/ crossflux/ double flux. My thought only applies to the standard flux, but do anything w/out Mr Miagi's confirmation.

I am so stoked to watch you, BAR & latinbudder (to name just a few) start new fluxes !!!!:thumb:

I get blamed for everything...
Disclaimer: I told That Garden person (ya know Brooklyn...lol) to post here because you are also doing a flux with Light hence it just makes sense to put it with yours for Light to look at as I am not any where near a flux yet........:circle-of-love:
You girls just gave me a good chuckle! lol

I have posted several trespass posts here with only one (bad topic) that I I pulled, I think you're safe GF I promise not to refer to you & D as the dos-girls again, that was funny too!:circle-of-love:

KEEP ON FLUXIN':thumb:

Back
Top Bottom