New City Grower 2.0

Sweets, I try to make it easier to follow with little tricks. One is, (and don't tell anyone) anytime you fall behind in this journal you can type in "PHOTO SHOOT" on the the "Search Thread" box right above the far most top post. It will always direct you to my latest complete update.

FLUXY MOMMA (Power Flower) has been strapped down.

IMG_20140405_162503.jpg

IMG_20140405_162331.jpg

You got it BAR. The rest is TIME, Patience and in LA's case artistic fluxing. :bravo:

What up guys ? New grower on deck ! Hows everyone ?

Hello, nice to meet you.

So Reg, your plant here is being fluxed and now it will just continue to put out shoots to make the scaffold? I know what Trichs looks like, but I can't connect your plant to where his is now.

There is virtually ZERO energy going into the plant foliage when you are rooting a cutting. ZERO. All energy is directed down into the node to develop roots. Removing part of the leaf surface is standard horticultural practice with many different types of plants. I always remove part of the foliage when I root something. Always. And I usually have two nodes beneath the soil. I also find that heel cuts are preferable for many plants.

There may be virtually ZERO energy going into the plant foliage. I have no way of proving or disproving this, but I do believe the cutting will lose precious sap that would be better served to feed the plant during this stressful time. It will work either way, but I don't use domes and want to keep that moisture where it belongs and moving too.:peace:

don't cut the clone my dude! I was going to do a funny comment like he's not playing around no more, he cropped and entire damn plant. you're like you better root, you f**cker! lolol

I wouldn't cut the leaves that is just to prevent moisture loss.

I made this and my cut stood up straight in one day. you gotta mist it at least once a day.

they say to keep it far from the light so it doesn't dry out. same with fans. i used a windowsill it was good to go

2013-02-04_10-00-34_778.jpg

2013-02-02_14-44-42_138.jpg

There may be virtually ZERO energy going into the plant foliage. I have no way of proving or disproving this, but I do believe the cutting will lose precious sap that would be better served to feed the plant during this stressful time. It will work either way, but I don't use domes and want to keep that moisture where it belongs and moving too.:peace:

I have proof. Science is proof.

Home - Aggie Horticulture Aggie Horticulture

You may have perfect conditions at the site where you are making clones which may contribute to your success. The cutting has absolutely no way to uptake nutrients via direct contact with the phloem or xylem. No way to travel up or down through the tubes. It's also harder to clone a plant when cuttings are taken lower down on the plant where there is not AS much apical activity as the top of the plant...or closer to an outer node which is very swollen. At least this is my experience with plants. Of course every plant will have a preferred way to root a cutting, but really the big Two are water and media. Like I said elsewhere, not all plants are suitable for water roots, and more water roots do not function the way a terrestrial root hair does.

G'day B.A.R, I feel like I've missed something somewhere, but this journals done about 40 pages in no time I don't know where to look. Criss cross (the ninja,the drunkenmaster) what's happened to her? How's her progress? Is she still alive? Lavern, she kicking along? Hope all is good in the n.y.c. Peace

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: I am so hapy for you.. :yahoo:
Now I have a real question.... Do you know who is using Growology only and what journal it is? I know there are a couple I have been to I just can't remember who's..... Pretty sad but pretty much waked and baked too so 2 excuses in one.........:circle-of-love:

Hi dennise, there is a member named "IslandDog" who used the growology nutes system from start to finish with really nice results....link to his journal..First Indoor Grow With Deadhead OG - Kandy Kush & Tahoe OG

I hope this helps.

What up guys ? New grower on deck ! Hows everyone ?
Welcome aboard Luvbud.

G'day B.A.R, I feel like I've missed something somewhere, but this journals done about 40 pages in no time I don't know where to look. Criss cross (the ninja,the drunkenmaster) what's happened to her? How's her progress? Is she still alive? Lavern, she kicking along? Hope all is good in the n.y.c. Peace
Just type "Kumiko IV" into the Search Thread box Grizz. That's the name of my mutant mercy grow that we cris-crossed.

Nice update and pics BAR, your plants are looking great man.:thumb:
Thanxx Stealth.

You're in luck Brooklyn. The pics I took this morning was of the flux.

FLUXY MOMMA (Power Flower, flux style) Day 41

It may not look like the traditional Flux because I made a number of boo boos getting her started. But it looks to be coming together now. I just have to throw it up in Professor Flux's face for my next step.

IMG_20140407_133431.jpg

IMG_20140407_133500.jpg

Excuse me BAR, dunno how else to do this...

Good morning Jaga, hope your having a shanti night(?)

:Namaste:
Thanks Pushpa
its been very Shanti so far just going up to look after Padma smoke some more an watch some videos :)

Nothing to it but to do it Jaga. LA has made his Fluxing thread FLUX CENTRAL. Any plant you're trying to flux just post it there & he will guide you through it.

Back
Top Bottom