New City Grower 2.0

Yes I seen where you said draw peejay. New growers may not know what that even means so I explained it differently. No need for a ... as if I said something dumb. Im participating.

Ok, I've been asking this question for awhile now without an answer.

How long can a particular harvest be stored after curing of course. Jar, freezer, frig?
I'm not sure but I Think they can last indefinitely in jars.

Also a question that was sent to me a little too late to make the Show.

Hi B A R, I'm a rookie that has not grow in 40 years, a real rookie, I've been reading for the past 4 months here on 420 (capn & s1ingblade) I'm going to start my grow in 3 months, I need a better place to set up my Min 5'X10'X6.5' bloom with 2 1000w HPS, 5'X5'X6.5' veg room set up like s1ingblade with top feed recover in mini cubes, I feel some what ok with this to start and will be asking all of the big dogs like yourself to follow & help. Okay, sorry long winded.
QUESTION: should you use preventive bug control (can be very costly) or have the insecticide ready for when it happens, I have not been able to find any good answers on this. Also I will try and add you as a friend so when I'm ready I can let you know I'm starting. (only if it is ok).

OPEN DISCUSSION:

should you use preventive bug control (can be very costly) or have the insecticide ready for when it happens, I have not been able to find any good answers on this.

Most of these questions can be answered correctly many ways... like this one.

Inside I use Sierra Natural Science 209 in veg for gnat control... they get it as a prophylactic

Other than that I never spray the plants with any chemicals that are not needed.

I have proved that will not work for me outside. This year if they go out I will blast them often for pests right up to flower.

I give my plants 209 because I have had issues with ff happy gnat

I still believe if you don't need it and can get away without using any pesticide you are far better off

PS

I have dumped ff happy gnat for Pro Mix (several types)

I'm not sure but I Think they can last indefinitely in jars.

Also a question that was sent to me a little too late to make the Show.

Hi B A R, I'm a rookie that has not grow in 40 years, a real rookie, I've been reading for the past 4 months here on 420 (capn & s1ingblade) I'm going to start my grow in 3 months, I need a better place to set up my Min 5'X10'X6.5' bloom with 2 1000w HPS, 5'X5'X6.5' veg room set up like s1ingblade with top feed recover in mini cubes, I feel some what ok with this to start and will be asking all of the big dogs like yourself to follow & help. Okay, sorry long winded.
QUESTION: should you use preventive bug control (can be very costly) or have the insecticide ready for when it happens, I have not been able to find any good answers on this. Also I will try and add you as a friend so when I'm ready I can let you know I'm starting. (only if it is ok).

I posted that one Reg, but I just picked out the question. LOL

That's the point Buckshot. It's things to get to some type of understanding about. We're more focused on the knowledge than the game.

Good Night.

As bar said preventive spraying will get very costly but using things you have in your home right now will mitigate the cost if you are wanting to spray in advance. I have other spray recipes in my blogposts but will share the cheapest one here.

Soap water pesticide

1.2 teaspoons dishsoap per 1 quart of water
2. Mix well and spray it on the plants
3. Leave it for 20 minutes then rinse it with clean water

Garlic pesticide spray and tobacco spray in my blog.

Nugs can be stored about 2 years in a mason jar(glass jar with those metal hinges so secure the lid tightly)

Vaccum sealed nugs can last over 10 years. I personally never had nugs I didnt smoke within those 2 years however.

OPEN DISCUSSION:

should you use preventive bug control (can be very costly) or have the insecticide ready for when it happens, I have not been able to find any good answers on this.

Also, what exactly is "Brix"?

I have a continual problem with mites, I can not seem to rid myself of the little buggers. But I have managed to keep them under control by this...

1. Lights off
2. Spray with 'Mighty Wash'
3. Wait 30 mins
4. Liberally spray down with RO water
5. Wait 30-60 mins
6. lights on

I do this every few weeks in veg(or if see any sign of little mites) and once going into flower, seems to keep them under control if i keep up on it, but if i do not they make a comeback.

So my answer would be have around for preventative pest control. But nowadays you can get anything from Amazon in 2 days :)

That's the point Buckshot. It's things to get to some type of understanding about. We're more focused on the knowledge than the game.

Good Night.

Dismissed... :cheesygrinsmiley:

Really...no one...lol. Ok, so Bar believes in definite? But it will eventually dry out completely. So freezer would be the next guess. How long in the freezer?

You can store them in the freezer but this isnt ideal as the tricome heads will eventually fall off as the moisture freezes.

Nugs can be stored about 2 years in a mason jar(glass jar with those metal hinges so secure the lid tightly)

Vaccum sealed nugs can last over 10 years. I personally never had nugs I didnt smoke within those 2 years however.

So vacuum sealed never freezing? I got two of those dam things...lol.

Well you never want to vaccum seal moist nugs so if it is vaccumed then there should be no moisture when this is done

Back
Top Bottom