New City Grower 2.0

Cool Idea!

my 2 cents,
Sure it will work if the roots don't get too hot... but... now that you have had success without expending more electricity why run a device? I see the rigs and I know they work but so does a glass of water or rooters an a dome or lots of other things that don't require energy. The only reason I say this is I started with every vampire device and my electric bill was killing me. I have reduced it considerably removing things I don't need. So while all these cool things work they cost money to run.
I live in a utilities included building and finally feel like I'm getting my money's worth since I started growing Buck. :laughtwo:

:bravo::bravo::cheer: I knew you would get there :cheer::bravo::bravo: I had the same thought on a humidifier when I researched aeroponics as you cant get a finer water particle than steam but my conclusion was that it would be too hot and wilt the cutting you would need the cutting too be at an addequate distance that the water particles cooled enough by which point they would condense too much? But atleast we all get too see now :passitleft:
You are so on point Scotty; Check the scenario below.

Whos in here with the solar cell? I forgot and would like some info :) :thanks:
That would be LA.

I can't see what you did.
I don't get how you don't get it BKLYN.

Here's the stem of the cutting placed through a hole inside of the plastic container.

IMG_20140818_5_.jpg

Here's the plastic container sitting upside down on top of the humidifier.

Last Night:​

IMG_20140818_11_.jpg

This Morning:​

IMG_20140819_6_.jpg

Everything Scotty said happened so I'm trying again with a cut from Pepé Le Pew
(Skunk) with about an inch & 1/2 thick piece of styrofoam to keep the leafs from the heat of the plastic container.

IMG_20140819_13_.jpg

Okay, I see it now. So you placed the dome over the humidifier. If you can put a small saucer of water in there with the cutting so just the very tip of the cutting is sitting slightly in water, it will help with the loss of moisture to the cells while the atomized water from the humidifier can develop rootlets. Just a suggestion. You can also put a dome over the top of the actual cutting itself after you mist it with some purified water or rain water. Actually, NYC has great tap water.

BAR, you're sticking it to em on the electric bill, Niiiiice!!

@ buckshot, how much does a 295 gal/hour pump cost to run for 1/2 a month? Can't be more than microwaving several hot pockets per month. I just feel like indoor grows run off a lot of electric and that's just the cost of doing it. Running a cloner is a drop in the bucket compared to the fans and lamps.

Oh yeah and BAR, try misting the UNDERSIDES of leaves the first few days that the cuttings are in your contraption. As needed. (Like when they START looking wilty). That should really help.

If you are using a warm air humidifier there though the contraption may be doomed from the start. It would be cool to see what temperature it is under your dome.

Oh yeah and BAR, try misting the UNDERSIDES of leaves the first few days that the cuttings are in your contraption. As needed. (Like when they START looking wilty). That should really help.

If you are using a warm air humidifier there though the contraption may be doomed from the start. It would be cool to see what temperature it is under your dome.
It is a warm air humidifier. Will see what it looks like when I get home. It's nothing more than a cannabis induced hair-brain idea. Who knows, we may get lucky.

Here's the stem of the cutting placed through a hole inside of the plastic container.

IMG_20140818_5_.jpg

Here's the plastic container sitting upside down on top of the humidifier.

Last Night:​

IMG_20140818_11_.jpg

This Morning:​

IMG_20140819_6_.jpg

Everything Scotty said happened so I'm trying again with a cut from Pepé Le Pew
(Skunk) with about an inch & 1/2 thick piece of styrofoam to keep the leafs from the heat of the plastic container.

IMG_20140819_13_.jpg

First day, still going strong.

IMG_20140819_2_.jpg

IMG_20140819_3_.jpg

Also stirred the Organic Soil Mix again. I would have never guessed dirt could smell so sweet; it has a pleasant aroma. I believe it's about ready Coach PJ. There wasn't any grayish looking color on the top of it when I opened it up this time & it's still moist. Not the type of moist that your hands are moist after stirring it but moist like "not dry".
Thurs will make 2 weeks that it's been cooking. I covered it back up and won't use it until Coach PJ gives me the green light.

IMG_20140819_4_.jpg

IMG_20140819_5_.jpg

Reg, if you NEED to use it, then go ahead. It would be nice to let it simmer a little longer, though. The moisture level looks good. Don't add any more water for at least two weeks - maybe longer.

Alright Coach. I was thinking about using it on one of those new Street Girls to try my hand at another flux before they get too big. I feel confident I can do this one without all the mistakes I made on FLUXY MOMMA (Power Flower) but if you think it should simmer a little longer that's what we'll do.
The only water I've added was the original 2 cups we put in on the day we mixed it. Thanxx for the quick response.

It was just luck on the quick response Reg! I'm going to be crazy busy for the next couple of weeks. You have my number. Shoot me a text if you feel neglected and I'll get back to you pronto.

It was just luck on the quick response Reg! I'm going to be crazy busy for the next couple of weeks. You have my number. Shoot me a text if you feel neglected and I'll get back to you pronto.
:Namaste:

Hey Broke Ass.... I obviously missed the mixing the medium up and let it cook class.... Would you please direct me to the instructions. I still have the Red Bud Farms compost, top soil and worm castings and would love to use them but honestly don't know where to begin and how to put it all together sooooo if I took a look at what you have been in to with PeeJay maybe I could figure this out cause I really would like to give it a try......:circle-of-love:

QUICK UPDATE
Aug 20, 2014​

After subbing & doing a complete read of Da Tenshi's journal earlier I decided to try my hand at bud Back-Building, a technique I originally gain interest in from LA aka Professor Flux. I could actually see the difference it made when going through the 35 pages of Da T's thread in one sitting.

QUEEN THAI (Wild Thailand, Re-Veg) Day 66 / Day 34 under 12/12

Bud Back-Building​

Before

IMG_20140820_8_.jpg
(Yeah I know, I didn't clean the scissor after my last harvest)

After

IMG_20140820_3_.jpg

IMG_20140820_2_.jpg

I also gave her a flush because she hasn't been drinking much in the last week. I believe she's mad because I've been giving all my attention to KERELA X SKUNK.

STREET GIRL #1
hit the showers with her because her leafs feel some what dry & have a darker than normal tint. She's to the right in the pic below & is on Day 51.

IMG_20140820_4_.jpg

It's Day 2 for my little clone/humidifier experiment. She's hanging in there, fingers crossed.

IMG_20140820_5_.jpg

IMG_20140820_6_.jpg

THIRD WAVE OF STREET GIRLS
( Unknown Strains) Day 16

One of them didn't make it but the other two are fine.

IMG_20140820_7_.jpg

IMG_20140820_9_.jpg

IMG_20140820_11_1.jpg

IMG_20140820_10_1.jpg

NURSE BETTY (Royal Medic, Re-Veg) Day 20

She's starting to explode.

IMG_20140820_12_1.jpg

And here's the link you ask for about the soil mix Fifi.

Reg, you did a fabulous job harvesting those street girls, but the ones which died are the result of causing damage to the stem. I've said this so often I don't recall if I said it on 420 or not, but whenever transplanting a seedling or any young plant, you should only pick the plant up by the leaf tip, never the stems. Even the slight heat from your fingers, even the most nimble touch can kill a seedling easily.

So, next time you harvest, water the plant the day before while it is in the dirt in the ground. That will loosen the soil and help the soil stay on the roots with less disturbance to the root hairs. Then, when you fork it out or use a spoon whatever you have, hold the root ball in your hand gently and if you must, only hold plant by the leaf. That is in the event all the soil falls away from the plant at the roots.

It is not the roots very temporary exposure to air, but the pinching of the tender stem which usually kills the seedling.

Back
Top Bottom