New City Grower 2.0

Hey Reg

I was just thinkin' :tokin: KJC has a point about your extended flower periods,

dud maybe, also are you absolutely sure there is no light pollution during lights out ?

My first grow suffered that problem and dragged on for 13 weeks plus. On the strain

I have later proved to do the job in 8-9 weeks. Have you checked the tent for light

leaks ? Do you have your tent in a darkened room ?

Your Honey Haze may be a dud, I had expected much more bud production with 62 days of flowering.
I can believe that Judge John being she was the only bean of 6 from that batch that grew. Is it possible for a cannabis plant to just keep growing and never sex up or bud? Either way she'll stay in the Bloom tent until something happens or I need the space. I'm committed.

Anyway, I think I have my Temps & RH under control now.

Veg Tent

The RH could be a little higher but I'll accept that for the time being.

1394235539262.jpg

Bloom Tent

1394235026295.jpg

Welcome aboard Dragon...​

I was just thinkin' KJC has a point about your extended flower periods,

dud maybe, also are you absolutely sure there is no light pollution during lights out ?
Nah, I threw my daughter in there after assembling it. No light leaks.
It's a mutant & think the reason why LAVERNE is just getting it together is all that time under just CFLs & the two T5s. Also until yesterday I went the whole week and 1/2 using only half of the Top Led 96x3w reflector settings.

I too wonder about the RH, mine is currently at around38%...although at night it shoots up to 80!?!?!???

Hey Reg.How much did that wet towel method bring the RH up?I am trying to fine tune my drying closet and the small humidifier is just not cutting it at 32%.lol

Before putting the towel in the Bloom tent the highest the RH got was 23% & dropping as low as 16% during the day.

I too wonder about the RH, mine is currently at around38%...although at night it shoots up to 80!?!?!???
If you read my meter's 24 hr highs/lows you'll see we're running about the same. I'm just a tad bit lower during lights out. Is there any ventilation in your grow space once it's sealed?

Before putting the towel in the Bloom tent the highest the RH got was 23% & dropping as low as 16% during the day.

If you read my meter's 24 hr highs/lows you'll see we're running about the same. I'm just a tad bit lower during lights out. Is there any ventilation in your grow space once it's sealed?

Yeah I have an intake, 2 small clip on fans placed below and above the plants and an exhaust fan that runs on low during the night.
If I'm around I can keep the RH at around 50 by misting the walls every hour or two.
My current fixture is I have a jug of water in front of both fans which send my RH from 28 to to 40.
I would personally suggest that first as it worked nicely for me, I remove them at night to stop huge spikes

Sounds familiar on the humidity. Here in winter mine swings wildly from lights on/ fan on full, vs off and fan running lightly. 20% - 60%. This summer I am going to do some changes to fix these values in a tighter range . But I have tried the towel tricks, bowls of water with fans, etc with not too much luck really. The reality is that winter is just dead dry and when the air isn't cycling as much the pots and plants raise the moisture until it all starts again at lights on.

I have been thinking that this has been one of my biggest problems in my grows for the last couple years but it is sure hard to control in a small tent. I need a real grow room with HVAC!

Speaking of light leaks messing with the veg/grow cycle got me thinking of a question: hypothetically, if you have the baby gurls under 250 watt cfls for, say, 4 weeks, then you get a 600w MH/HPS and ditch the cfls, will this also screw with the cycle?
This is just a guess. It would be the same as April usually is a cloudy month but by mid May it gets bright & sunny and plants love it.

I feel your pain brother, it's a real pain and I have only just started. If I feel it's a problem I will save up for a fancy humidity regulator so I can keep the room at the correct level at all times, however if you want a really good product but need it in a small size you end up paying out the arse for it

Speaking of light leaks messing with the veg/grow cycle got me thinking of a question: hypothetically, if you have the baby gurls under 250 watt cfls for, say, 4 weeks, then you get a 600w MH/HPS and ditch the cfls, will this also screw with the cycle?

This is what I have been doing under 400HH when the tent is clear and I move from the seedling setup with CFLs. I do see a bit of shock when they move under the MH it seems. With photos this isn't really much of an issue, on the other hand with the autos I grew it really setback a couple strains. One that comes to mind that I just did recently was an auto bomb that really took the changeover poorly.

I didn't see this so much as a light cycle issue (I was going veg to veg of course) as I saw it as a stress issue due to the radical change to the light itself. Maybe this is only in my mind but it seemed to be consistent to some extent everytime I did it. When I started under MH from the beginning I didn't see the shock.

Sounds familiar on the humidity. Here in winter mine swings wildly from lights on/ fan on full, vs off and fan running lightly. 20% - 60%. This summer I am going to do some changes to fix these values in a tighter range . But I have tried the towel tricks, bowls of water with fans, etc with not too much luck really. The reality is that winter is just dead dry and when the air isn't cycling as much the pots and plants raise the moisture until it all starts again at lights on.

I have been thinking that this has been one of my biggest problems in my grows for the last couple years but it is sure hard to control in a small tent. I need a real grow room with HVAC!

I agree winter is just DEAD dry and I gave up trying to regulate it until my last harvest came out DEAD dry. :headbanger:

I think both systems are working pretty good with me. In the Bloom tent I wet the towel b4 heading to work each morning. That way by the time it's lights out the towel is nearly dry. Thus not that high of an RH reading during lights out.

In the Veg tent with the wash cloth wick system I fill the container with water once in the morning and again when I return home. Because of the heat from the CfLs and the 18 hrs that they're on it pretty much is low by lights out & doesn't use much during the dark cycle. Using this as a guide, the wick system wouldn't work too well with LEDs due to the lack of heat they put out.

I did something similar a couple years ago...250 hps to 600 hps mid-flower...no problems

I hear you Reg...I've been struggling to get my RH above 28 this winter...it's been so cold and dry...Looking forward to the warmth...might crack my Windows tomorrow for the first time since last November...it's going to be almost 50 F...I bet you'll be in the mid 50's maybe

I've been trying the bucket of water with the towel hanging... I like the idea of spraying the walls with water that Hiddenkoncept just gave...might try that tomorrow

If you notice Jay, I have a CFL right behind the wick cloth.

IMG_20140303_202738.jpg

Back
Top Bottom