New City Grower 1.0

Re: New City Grower

Thanks Jay ;)

I agree with everything I've read so far. b.real, would you say that if Reg were to veg longer and grow out more branches that his yield would be the same or less then if he went into flower now? I personally don't believe this to be true, but I am still learning. Even if Reg were to add another week or 2 to allow for better development and healing, or transplants etc, even if grown solely under CFL, I think he'd gain in harvested dry weight. Maybe not exponentially, but gain none the less. Just my 2 pennies.

Another well addressed point, my friend. This is very true. But what I think B.Real was saying is that, the amount extra time you spend in veg, with minimal light, won't be worth itself in yield. Sure you will have many more potential tops, but they won't develop into the nice dense buds we are looking for. In some case the lower tops not exposed to light won't even fully develop in unison with the rest of the plant.

So all in all, you might just pull a couple of more grams with more veg time, but if you had the optimal light to go along with it, you can potentially double that.

I agree with everything I've read so far. b.real, would you say that if Reg were to veg longer and grow out more branches that his yield would be the same or less then if he went into flower now? I personally don't believe this to be true, but I am still learning. Even if Reg were to add another week or 2 to allow for better development and healing, or transplants etc, even if grown solely under CFL, I think he'd gain in harvested dry weight. Maybe not exponentially, but gain none the less. Just my 2 pennies.

thanks for the love skybound! I like what you're doing and thinking as well.

africangrower, exactly, the buds would be only at the top of the plant near the the lights, and the rest of the plant would be pure leaf material and a "waste"

if you keep the canopy even and veg out I think you would get a lot of buds, but they would be small due to low wattage.

you have to balance your veg time and your lumens. I think anymore than 2 weeks veg on your wattage would be a waste. in this situation, one factor can bottleneck another.

actually, before I even jump to that 2 week conclusion how many total watts do you have?

My whole view on this is to veg to spread the plant out to produce more sights. If a plant were vegged for 2 weeks then flipped, how many sites would it produce (roughly) and how would these sites grow buds? Would they be at least longer? I doubt density would even be a factor in CFL as I've heard that CFLs produce airy buds. I was thinking a wider canopy of half sized buds would equate to more weight than just a few decent sized buds from a smaller canopy. However I must contradict myself real quick by noting that a smaller canopy would have better light exposure for lack of competing branches. This is why I wanna Flux it up.

Looking back at my pictures, my plant at two weeks was roughly reaching it's 4th node. There wouldn't be much to train at this point in terms of terminal branches. I would estimate a total of 12 ACTUAL shoots, but only the top 4 or so would be using all of the light.

But yes a wider canopy would equal more light distribution among the plant. This is why, no matter what, a longer veg period could potentially always lead to a larger yield. The only thing determining the factor of yield at this point is available lumens.

Hey my friend lovin the discussions. My little bit as is, being to echo the above thinking. As long as you have good light, longer Veg brings better yield. The trick is the training to go hand in hand with the longer veg. My BV got so heavy with bud simply because of a longer veg than normal and the even canopy. If you can get the LST, Light, and veg all balanced out you hit the big weights.

LA, is your opinion based off HID growing, or is CFL/Floro also included?

Looking back at my pictures, my plant at two weeks was roughly reaching it's 4th node. There wouldn't be much to train at this point in terms of terminal branches. I would estimate a total of 12 ACTUAL shoots, but only the top 4 or so would be using all of the light.

But yes a wider canopy would equal more light distribution among the plant. This is why, no matter what, a longer veg period could potentially always lead to a larger yield. The only thing determining the factor of yield at this point is available lumens.

of course there's the potential of a higher yield, but there's also the potential of lost time.

brokeassreg, what is the total wattage of your rig?

One grower I used to follow was HygroHybrid on YouTube. His entire operation only consisted of regular T8 floros he got from Wally's for veg. He also used a 600 watt HID for flower, but all his veg was done under low watt lighting. Of course he did minimal training during veg, but I think that is immaterial to what we're trying to do. In short, MH would likely be better to veg under, but it's not necessary. Just as long as there is adequate lighting to veg under, light penetration is not really an issue as there is not a big bushy canopy to get through.

Maybe a general rule might say something like "use CFLs to veg under 3'x3' area or less" or whatever area would be sufficient.

Read Caps article & I'm a big boy now. I just been following everyone else's lead at jumping into flowering after 3 to 8 wks. Deep down I've always believed that the longer I vegged the better the yield but when you continuesly see everyone rushing into flowering like something negative will happen if it's late you get conditioned into ignoring your gut instinct. Thanxx for the awakening AG...

Only reason I flipped is demand and also the reason I doing my auto run. I want a stock pile then I can play around. It would be pain in ass if yea messed up your yield and hurt your supply but if your sitting on weed you can just start over no worries :circle-of-love:

You've been missed mcloadie, where ya been, under a rock?

Emphasis was to given to the "under a rock" joke. Reg said we can post whatever we want to his journal as long as nobody is disrespected. I hope that nobody was offended, if so I will remove it.

Emphasis was to given to the "under a rock" joke. Reg said we can post whatever we want to his journal as long as nobody is disrespected. I hope that nobody was offended, if so I will remove it.

Reg can say whatever he wants, Sky :laughtwo:

The guidelines, however, dictate what we can and cannot post :)

:cough: General Rules
All video clips must be 420 related, except in the Off Topic Area, for example in K.R.A.U.T

:circle-of-love:

The legal status of al things non-420 is extremely questionable.

Especially car insurance ;)

of course there's the potential of a higher yield, but there's also the potential of lost time.

brokeassreg, what is the total wattage of your rig?
B, I'm in no rush! If it takes 3 months or a year it doesn't matter. Just as long as I grow something that passes my smoke test.

One grower I used to follow was HygroHybrid on YouTube. His entire operation only consisted of regular T8 floros he got from Wally's for veg. He also used a 600 watt HID for flower, but all his veg was done under low watt lighting. Of course he did minimal training during veg, but I think that is immaterial to what we're trying to do. In short, MH would likely be better to veg under, but it's not necessary. Just as long as there is adequate lighting to veg under, light penetration is not really an issue as there is not a big bushy canopy to get through.
I plan on doing nothing to STACK A. DOLLAR (Delicious Cotton Candy) but letting her grow. That would leave only two leafs per node which should make for easier light penetration I'm assuming.

Only reason I flipped is demand and also the reason I doing my auto run. I want a stock pile then I can play around. It would be pain in ass if yea messed up your yield and hurt your supply but if your sitting on weed you can just start over no worries :circle-of-love:
Now that's going a little too far! Though a pot head like me keeps a stash, starting over would be a mental disaster.

Are you selling insurance now, Sky?

Or just advertising it? :scratchinghead:

There is a place to put off-topic videos, you know.

And it's not in a grow journal :straightface:

K.R.A.U.T.
Mr. Suavay, I can't believe someone as witty as you didn't see the humor in that.
:hmmmm:

Reg can say whatever he wants, Sky :laughtwo:

The guidelines, however, dictate what we can and cannot post :)

:cough: General Rules
All video clips must be 420 related, except in the Off Topic Area, for example in K.R.A.U.T

:circle-of-love:

The legal status of al things non-420 is extremely quetionable.

Especially car insurance ;)
Point well taken... & let's not forget this is coming from the Prosecutor.

Back
Top Bottom