New City Grower 1.0

Re: New City Grower

young trees convert co2 into oxygen the same as plants do, but once trees reach a certain age they end up using more oxygen than they produce.

so plants and trees produce around 1% of the worlds oxygen, 99%ish comes from algae and the sea,
so what most of us was taught at school is a load of rubbish, if their was no trees left on the planet we would all still have as much oxygen as we needed, trees and plants produce very little oxygen compared to algae, so pretty much all the worlds oxygen is produced from the sea, H2O evaperates and releases hydrogen and oxygen, but the main source of oxygen is algae.

so no prize my friend, cutting the rain forrests down will only cause a huge loss of animals and insects which in turn would have a huge affect on the planet as a whole, but even if the last tree was felled we would still have more oxygen than we need.
how ever the loss of trees would have an impact on the co2 levels as a whole, but trees of a certain age use more oxygen than they produce,

dresney is spot on, thats what produces the most oxygen, plants and trees give us very little, chances are over the whole of the planet trees are using more oxygen than they are producing, only young trees produce more oxygen than they use.

not that im suggesting deforestation is a good thing, just thought id see if anyone knew what produced the planets oxygen as a lot of info we are taught at school is a load of made up crap and the teachers keep teaching from out of date text books full of false information. they was teaching my daughter about it at school and she had some homework sent home so i thought id ask her teacher what she thought and she told me trees produce the planets oxygen and without the trees their would be no oxygen, so she was pretty shocked when i told her she needs to read up on where oxygen actually comes from, she wouldnt believe me that trees and plants only produce about 1% of the total oxygen,

That would have been a great question for Sunday donp.p

I think it is all produced by photosynthesis so we must include all life that photosynthesises right down to the algae and stuff that floats in the oceans.

You win Dres
Derived from the Greek words phyto (plant) and plankton (made to wander or drift), phytoplankton are microscopic organisms that live in watery environments, both salty and fresh.

Some phytoplankton are bacteria, some are protists, and most are single-celled plants. Among the common kinds are cyanobacteria, silica-encased diatoms, dinoflagellates, green algae, and chalk-coated coccolithophores.

Phytoplankton are extremely diverse, varying from photosynthesizing bacteria (cyanobacteria), to plant-like diatoms, to armor-plated coccolithophores.

Like land plants, phytoplankton have chlorophyll to capture sunlight, and they use photosynthesis to turn it into chemical energy. They consume carbon dioxide, and release oxygen. All phytoplankton photosynthesize, but some get additional energy by consuming other organisms.

Phytoplankton growth depends on the availability of carbon dioxide, sunlight, and nutrients. Phytoplankton, like land plants, require nutrients such as nitrate, phosphate, silicate, and calcium at various levels depending on the species. Some phytoplankton can fix nitrogen and can grow in areas where nitrate concentrations are low. They also require trace amounts of iron which limits phytoplankton growth in large areas of the ocean because iron concentrations are very low. Other factors influence phytoplankton growth rates, including water temperature and salinity, water depth, wind, and what kinds of predators are grazing on them.

pretty much everything on the planet needs sun light, their are a few crabs and fish that live in total dark but all would of evolved from a lit area into where they live now,

the whole planet relies on nutrients and co2,
its about time the schools started teaching the correct info, how on earth are future generations going to improve life if their taught a load of crap at school, even the teachers thought i was mad when i started asking why they teach false info,
theirs many other things we are taught at school that turn out to be a total load of crap.

You win Dres

Wheeeee :partyboy:

I'd like to thank my pug, the makers of watermelon Sour Patch Kids and, of course, all the hard-working phytoplankton of the world.

An amusing aside, the singular form of 'plankton' is 'plankter.'

Makes me giggle, I'm not sure why. :loopy:

In other News

What do we have here Reg ?

BBCloneUpdate.JPG

plankter, now thats something i didnt know,

a plankter creates oxygen, maybe i should tell my daughters teacher that and see what she says,

or ill call her a plankter, actually i cant, she uses oxygen and produces co2.

@BB, looks to me like the first signs of root growth, that will soon take off and start growing real roots, keep it in the cloner and your good to plant when you got some decent roots growing, at least at that stage the clone is starting to take in water from the roots,

looks like a viable clone to me

I know you're not throwing the towel in Brit? I'm just waiting for mines to finish dying b4 quitting. Yours might live.

IMG_20140120_163320.jpg

IMG_20140120_163329.jpg

29% from the land and 71% from the seas and I know this is true for a fact cause I got it off the internet......:high-five:
:rofl:

After looking up Diatomaceous earth I will ad it to my arsenal. You never know with Gnats. Thanks NBOB
I used it when my plants were in veg. It was very messing and blew in the air with the fan, or watering. Turned into a white powder clump. It got on my girls and made me think I had aphites. I later removed it, and added the clay pebbles to the top. I have never been happier. No gnat issues. Watering is so much nicer and more even!
Just my experience!
:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom